The Second N-O Football Match - Red Team 1 - 2 Blue Team

Greg

I'm in for definite this time :thup: Wish I'd played in yesterday's now. I'll play anywhere but CB!

Jonny, you're making the dangerous assumption that people will have actual positions. Take away 15-20 minutes and it was positional carnage last night*  :lol:

*avaliable for a classic "that's what she said" moment.

:lol: I can imagine.

Oh and, that's what she said! Wheeey!

What time were you lads thinking?

I'll potentially play if its daytime/evening. I'm uber gash though.

I'm with Dave on the timing n all, Sunday after the Smogs/Fulham match would be a lot better.

Guest Geordiesned

I think 3G would be best, there is at least 2 other 3G pitches in the area if we can't get the one at Coach Lane.

Is 3G the new type of plastic pitch? If so definitely prefer that over grass.

I think 3G would be best, there is at least 2 other 3G pitches in the area if we can't get the one at Coach Lane.

Yeah, you can wear boots on it.

The stuff at Coach Lane must be a few years old now. I started out wearing my boots which have normal studs and I had to change back to my 5 a side trainers but with the 3G pitch at City's Academy in Manchester I can wear them no problem but blades / mouldies are fine.

Yeah, you can wear boots on it.

The stuff at Coach Lane must be a few years old now. I started out wearing my boots which have normal studs and I had to change back to my 5 a side trainers but with the 3G pitch at City's Academy in Manchester I can wear them no problem but blades / mouldies are fine.

NOT THE SHOES AGAIN,....4 months of shoe debates ahead.

Guest Heneage

I'd like to play again but driving up and down on the same day just for this is kinda off-putting. No chance of having it the week before, Sunday after the Fulham game?

JUST FOR THIS?! Tell ye what like Dave, some people are travelling from DURHAM for this man!! :laugh:

Seriously though, you say we take it too serious, I reckon you need to wake up and start taking it 'too serious' like the rest of us man, its war now!  :pow:

:lol: Cheers.

Yes I'd be interested.

Shotgun one of the centre midfield positions.

With it being summer, there's a possibility of booking the 3G at Newcastle Uni (backs onto the Coach Lane carpark). It's brand new and you can wear plastic or rubber studs as it's quite long (does make for a slower pitch though) - with so much time to book this, we deffo can't play on astroturf..!

PENCIL me in. I'm not sure if i'd be able to twist my folks' arms though. Would really love to play like, i fully intend to do so at some point if it becomes a regular thing; sounded like a really good occassion yesterday.

No chance we could play on grass?  I could possibly get 2 nets if that enhances the experience?

"If it's in May then grass or 3g is fine with me, the only downside with grass is that if the weather is good, we're liable to have a hard but uneven pitch, whereas the 3g does actually let you play some good football on it..."

Guest Heneage

I'll be up for it as I should have recovered by then.  Normally takes about 2 months to recover.

Recover? How come you missed Sunday?

I'll be up for it as I should have recovered by then.  Normally takes about 2 months to recover.

I posted on the other thread but everyone seemed to ignore it, I was in hospital after slipping a disc.  I've done it before but this was worse, I lost feeling in my left foot.

Guest Heneage

I posted on the other thread but everyone seemed to ignore it, I was in hospital after slipping a disc.  I've done it before but this was worse, I lost feeling in my left foot.

Ahh right mate sorry to hear it.

Ahh right mate sorry to hear it.

No bother I offered venkman the money via paypal but he said he'll get it next time,  I don't mind booking this one either if you have any probs, not fair on Venkman to do it twice.