The Second N-O Football Match - Red Team 1 - 2 Blue Team

Greg

I'll be up for it as I should have recovered by then.  Normally takes about 2 months to recover.

Recover? How come you missed Sunday?

I posted on the other thread but everyone seemed to ignore it, I was in hospital after slipping a disc.  I've done it before but this was worse, I lost feeling in my left foot.

Ahh right mate sorry to hear it.

Nixon turned up, he had lost control of both his feet.

Guest Heneage

I'll be up for it as I should have recovered by then.  Normally takes about 2 months to recover.

Recover? How come you missed Sunday?

I posted on the other thread but everyone seemed to ignore it, I was in hospital after slipping a disc.  I've done it before but this was worse, I lost feeling in my left foot.

Ahh right mate sorry to hear it.

Nixon turned up, he had lost control of both his feet.

Fucker scores one flukey 25 yarder. :lol:

Mind you, walking away you looked as if you'd just taken the bins out. I will be ready for the next one.

Guest Stephen927

You know for a fact I'm interested.

You all will be mega fit for this one and I'll be like you all were for the first one, knackered  :lol:

27 have showed an initial interest, we should look to get a date sorted as soon as possible so I can book the pitch.

Do people still favour the weekend of the Fulham home game?

A few people have expressed concern that the game will fall during their Uni exam period.

I think you should hang fire for at least another week Greg, and just wait to see what the majority opinion is in terms of date.

Can we agree that it should be between 1pm and 3pm kickoff though, as 6pm was waaaay too late?

As for the dates, at this current time I can manage either. :thup:

regarding 27 people being interested i would suggest the following. those who took part in the first one get a starting place (maybe excluding stephen? plenty of time for subs to get on as we discovered at the last one) and those who let us down on the day without a decent explanation are blacklisted, namely jawesome and pegasus bridge.

I think we should count Stephen as someone who played at this one, because to be fair he gave us a good few weeks notice for a perfectly genuine and unavoidable reason on why he wasn't able to attend.

Remember there is a couple of gaps anyway, because this time we won't need to fill the teams up with people's mates?

I think we should count Stephen as someone who played at this one, because to be fair he gave us a good few weeks notice for a perfectly genuine and unavoidable reason on why he wasn't able to attend.

Remember there is a couple of gaps anyway, because this time we won't need to fill the teams up with people's mates?

yeah i thats why i said except stephen. to my knowledge there was only one un-registered player and that was toby?

Rich brought two 'mates' I think as well.

And I was also banking on the fact that at least a couple of the people there will be unavailable or injured or whatever at the next one. But I shouldn't.  :blush:

Same with exams, but I'd only not come if I had like 3 or 4 exams in the couple of days following the game.

A Saturday of some sort would be better. Either way though I'd expect I can come.

I think we should look for something like 30 roughly? 22 starting and 4 rolling subs each?

Although it's good to get it sorted early, it is still waaaayyyy away so it's not imperative to get things sorted this week or owt, imo anyway  :thup:

I think you should hang fire for at least another week Greg, and just wait to see what the majority opinion is in terms of date.

Can we agree that it should be between 1pm and 3pm kickoff though, as 6pm was waaaay too late?

No. I'd much rather do it later on in the afternoon (4pm earliest) so that the entire weekend isn't devoted to football - a 1pm KO realistically means that your Sunday lasts until midday, which isn't a lot of weekend bearing in mind most people will be celebrating our last home win of the evening on the night before!

No. I'd much rather do it later on in the afternoon (4pm earliest) so that the entire weekend isn't devoted to football - a 1pm KO realistically means that your Sunday lasts until midday, which isn't a lot of weekend bearing in mind most people will be celebrating our last home win of the evening on the night before!

later the better for me, got to get the kids back to thier mams,....why is an evening ko, a problem? just out of interest, not wanting a row or owt.

Guest Heneage

The earlier the better I guess, would everyone be 110% against a game against the SMB?

Miles too early for that.

I was more chucking the idea out, I wouldn't be confirming or organizing anything yet.

Guest Stephen927

Don't mind what time it is played, as it's a fairly short drive from mine.

Again I'd prefer to play at centre back but anywhere through the middle's fine, I'm not a huge fan of the flanks.

But aye, I'm glad it looks like there'll be another one.  :celb:

Don't mind what time it is played, as it's a fairly short drive from mine.

Again I'd prefer to play at centre back but anywhere through the middle's fine, I'm not a huge fan of the flanks.

But aye, I'm glad it looks like there'll be another one.  :celb:

think there'll be enough spaces for another CB...some of the lads already want to move on after one game there..!

Guest Heneage

The earlier the better I guess, would everyone be 110% against a game against the SMB?

if we're seriously gonna do that i'm gonna need 6 months warning, no way am i turning up to that not properly fit

I played them they are shite a team of us would maul them. :lol:

But we'll keep it inter-forum for the minute I guess. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did, few hours in the pub after will be good too.