Benicassim Festival

Magpie

Anyone been? Going? Thoughts? Anything!!!!

Cheers O0

no,no, none, no   :lol:

HAHA Helpful as ever Lanky, cheers man ;)

Weller, Kings of Leon and Franz Ferdinand so far. Just fancy doing something different this year.

Guest toonlass

Anyone been? Going? Thoughts? Anything!!!!

Cheers O0

no,no, none, no   :lol:

HAHA Helpful as ever Lanky, cheers man ;)

Weller, Kings of Leon and Franz Ferdinand so far. Just fancy doing something different this year.

Get yourself away and enjoy it.

I went in 2008. It's a really good laugh, and in ways it's more fun than a British festival because the weather is infinitely better and there's a lot more partying, like if you don't want to watch a band they have tents which are basically like mobile club nights. However, it is also way too much like a British festival as there's nothing but British people and there's far too many posh teenagers on class A drugs. Also, sleeping is a nightmare as it's just way too hot to get any kip in a tent - bring a hammock, the camps have palm trees so you can get some mid-morning/mid-afternoon shut eye. There are a lot of idiots but all in all it's a pretty good laugh.

I was there year before last. It was fucking amazing! Thinking of going again this year as I hear oasis are headlining. 9 days of camping, beach, heat, great music. The spanish were great too, it's the british we had the trouble with. Some of them don't deserve to go to other countries. We had a fantastic time though and the gypsies there will sell you anything you want too, all watched by the policia and usually you get what you ask for. It's so hot you end up sleeping outside most of the time, you go down to the beach during the day to recover/start again and the festival kicks off about 8/9pm going on till about 6 in the morning over 4 days.

Aye I would agree with theregulars about the posh teenagers. They spoilt it a bit and are really fucking disrespectful to the country they are visiting. They didn't like us and we didn't like them so we generally just hung about with the spanish and a group of lads we met from cork.

Sounds good. We're just looking to do something different like l say and with this going on through the night and the weather it's much more appealing than the usual mudbaths over here!

Plus with Kings of Leon confirmed and Oasis rumoured to be the other headliners it couldn't get much better for me personally.

How did you guys get there? Fly direct to Valencia? We're thinking of flying into Barcelona then getting the train down.

Sounds good. We're just looking to do something different like l say and with this going on through the night and the weather it's much more appealing than the usual mudbaths over here!

Plus with Kings of Leon confirmed and Oasis rumoured to be the other headliners it couldn't get much better for me personally.

How did you guys get there? Fly direct to Valencia? We're thinking of flying into Barcelona then getting the train down.

We flew to barca, stayed a couple of nights then had to get a bus down because all the trains were booked for like 4 days solid so book in advance. Had a great team in barca though, watched the copa america final in a tiny little bar owned by Mexicans and it was packed full of south americans, infact everybody there bar us was a south american, had a great time.

It was really, really hard to find that bus btw going out from barca so it's very important to book the train or bus in advance. My mates flew to valencia and then got a train from there. They didn't have as good a time as us though in valencia but they had no trouble with transport. Itching to go again actually.

Went last year n had a right laugh. The line up wasn't great though. Justice was probably the best act. Lovely weather, pretty expensive in the festival for beer etc, but really good pizzas. We found alittle cafe on teh way to the festival that did a litre of San Mig for 2 euros. Doutb I'll go this year but I'd like to.

Went to Creamfields in Andalucia a couple of years ago. Very few foreigners, just Spanish and a handful of Brits etc. Been to a few in France too.

A festival is about spirit and i disagree that foreign festivals are better unless you go to places like V and Reading, in which case you would be right.

Bestival, The Big Chill, Glastonbury >>>> most festivals in Europe.

Burning Man in the Californian desert is meant to be something special, mates been going for the last 3/4 years.

• 4 weeks later...

Well booked it all up! Flying to Barcelona on the 13th, coming back 22nd and spending a night in Barcelona on the 21st.

Line-up so far is:

Thursday - Oasis

Friday - Kings of Leon and Weller

Saturday - Franz Ferdinand

Sunday - The Killers

For those that have been before do you have any tips or recommendations about where best to camp/shop/relax etc!?!

Well booked it all up! Flying to Barcelona on the 13th, coming back 22nd and spending a night in Barcelona on the 21st.

Line-up so far is:

Thursday - Oasis

Friday - Kings of Leon and Weller

Saturday - Franz Ferdinand

Sunday - The Killers

For those that have been before do you have any tips or recommendations about where best to camp/shop/relax etc!?!

Just go to the beach through the day and I would recommend camping near the festival. The first campsite that opens on the first day until it fills is way away from the festival, like the other side of town. It is a bit closer to the beach though. In the scorching heat it is a cunt getting from the festival to this campsite so I would recommend heading for one of the other ones when they open. Depends if you go for the full 9 days though. There are supermarkets in the town for food and loads of restaurants. The booze is pretty cheap from the supermarkets too although you won't find much cold beer apart from at the bars which is much more expensive. Have a good time and have respect for the locals.

• 1 year later...

Going back this year as last year was so immense. The whole week last year culminating in the festival itself was probably the best trip abroad I've ever had!!

http://fiberfib.com/cartel/2010/fib10-benicassim-cartel-lineup.jpg

Going back this year as last year was so immense. The whole week last year culminating in the festival itself was probably the best trip abroad I've ever had!!

http://fiberfib.com/cartel/2010/fib10-benicassim-cartel-lineup.jpg

apart from the freak weather that happened?

not that good of a lineup tbh, apart from klaxons