Borat Movie

marko1892

The scene where he goes into a lift and starts unpacking rang some bells - there's a very swish but old hotel in Den Hague that has a very odd lift - its not square or even rectangular, it has expensive Victorian style wallpaper, a small table in the corner and a mirror

When you are shown into it you think "Shit!! this is a pretty small room..............."

:lol:

He's sold the rights to his next film for $42.5m apparently, based on his gay Austrian designer character.

Hehe yeah Bruno. Some of the sketches for him were just absolute brilliance. One with the wrestling team from some uni in the states..they are on "Spring Break woooo" and like flexing and everything haha then he's like "Anyzing you vant to say for zee Austrian Gay tv"...and the guy is like "WHAT? F**k off with Austrian Gay tv...." Brilliant....

I couldnt believe some of the things said in the movie though! luckily i think people realise its just him taking the piss. But when he says 'today i meet a genuine chocolate face' and the black fella came on screen, I was shocked with that.

And that american rodeo bloke telling him to shave off his beard because some people in the crowd will think he is a terrorist!

excellent stuff

Infact I always saw Borat as one of his weaker characters......Soon put that straight. Some of the stuff the Americans we're coming out with not realising of course that they were being sent up....Hilarious..And frightening. Should be more of a case of stopping people coming out of that place than getting in!! bluebiggrin.gif

Oh man that was a great freakin' movie! Some of that stuff was just CRAZY...I couldn't believe that part at the end....you know with "her"...that had to be real didn't it?...funniest thing I've seen in AGES!

Guest elbee909

I think it's excellent in the way it intertwines reality with what's more obviously set-up.  I heard some people after the move complaining that some of it was set-up, but do think they missed the point.  It's a movie with real reactions of supposed ordinary people in it; rather than documentary or the like.

It's a comedy that flits between non-fiction and fiction in a brilliant seamless way.  I loved it.

Guest Kenton Magpie

aye, saw it last night, was a cracking watch, no doubt it'll lose it's comical value if i watch it again so soon!

Guest the_serbian_mag

It's a crazy film!!!!!!!!

At one point I literally ran out of air due to uncontrolled laughing! It was when Borat and his fat assistent wrestle on the bed.... Hillarious!

I've seen "Da Ali G" show many times, so I know Borat from that show, but nothing prepares you for the amount of laught that hits you when you see the actual movie.

AMAZING!

Also said he wouldn't be around long and that Borat is from Kyrgyzstan.

"Borat is racist and I'm not", after they played a tape of him on stage at a greater manchester police event saying "I saw those LA police beating the shit out of that fucking nigger.  I thought, "That's terrible.  Not enough coppers there."   blueuhoh.gif