World of Warcraft

oldtype

Mate at work was whinging about it the other day, saying that latest patch was 5 gig or something and their servers went haywire.  Must have been the catalyst stuff.

aye went back just to see the pre cat world event and i slipped in my rehab, fucked up my graphics too so have to play on low now (and it was 5gigs followed by another 1.6 gigs right after)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye it's going to be the same old disappointing shit that frozen throne and burning crusade were. Loads of 'kill 10 murlocs and steal their forskin' or some such bollocks.

:mackems:

So true. Its my one worry about resubbing - have they really added 'new' quests, or is it just the same shit we've had for 5 years.

• 1 month later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I was on Aggramar, but think I've finally lost any urge to ever play it again. Was downloading it a few weeks ago, then thought 'nah', and deleted it all. Even though its all changed, I've got a feeling I'll be bored within a week, so that's stopping me from going back.

I was on Aggramar, but think I've finally lost any urge to ever play it again. Was downloading it a few weeks ago, then thought 'nah', and deleted it all. Even though its all changed, I've got a feeling I'll be bored within a week, so that's stopping me from going back.

Well i guess it depends what u want from a game,the games changed shedloads now...dungeon finder tool,random battleground finder tool (pvp).

Couple that with the fact that its piss easy to level now. 

I personally enjoy the pvp side of things, always a good lark to get a group of mates together and dive into a battleground/dungeon.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well i guess it depends what u want from a game,the games changed shedloads now...dungeon finder tool,random battleground finder tool (pvp).

Couple that with the fact that its piss easy to level now. 

I personally enjoy the pvp side of things, always a good lark to get a group of mates together and dive into a battleground/dungeon.

Yeah the new Dungeon tools are decent, but at the same time it really highlights the bad part of WoW - the elitist community. That whole gearscore thing pissed me off when I went back for a few months earlier in the year. Had no idea what the hell it was, and had people saying 'No, you can't come' even though I had been leading raids into the dungeons within the first few weeks they were originally available >.<

Game is too easy now. Used to enjoy tanking, but its too easy. So easy to hold aggro, and DPS just nukes everything. No tactics. Originally WoW was killer, even if people say it was because it was unbalanced. Bosses were 'smarter'. Every instance is the same now, you can just blitz through it, which seems to suit the ADD crowd that plays wow these days.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's still s*** though.

In your opinion.

Nee ones having a go against you for playing it, you know. You seem to be taking it personal that some people don't enjoy WoW anymore!

It's still s*** though.

In your opinion.

Nee ones having a go against you for playing it, you know. You seem to be taking it personal that some people don't enjoy WoW anymore!

I know people arent having a go, some people dont like it, some do.

I only posted in case anyone wanted to get back into it and needed a hand.

Dunno how you got the opinion i was taking it personal like.

Was just trying to help, you bunch of ungratefull fuckers :)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

It came across like that due to as soon as anyone saying they didn't like it, you were coming on and defending it straight away.

I'm leveling a new character just so I can experience the revamped 1-60 content. Man, leveling is so painless now. Took out all the annoying quests + internalized some quest helper mod functions into the UI.

Nearly did a double take when I realized that I only had to find page 14 in Stranglethorn Vale :lol:

• 9 months later...