The Yearly Review: Your favourite non-NUFC footballing moment nominations

The Prophet

I was going to write a yearly review, but instead of hearing me drone on and on about my favourite aspects of the season I thought it would be more interesting to put them up as a point of discussion which can be voted on at a later date. Basically whenever I've got a bit of spare time I'll list the nominations which can be voted on and write them up in a N-O season review which can be put on the main site or left to rot, it doesn't really matter.

So what’s your favourite non-NUFC footballing moment?

For me it was probably watching Turkey reach the semi-finals of Euro 2008. A lot of people aren't fans of the Turks as a footballing nation but what they achieved at that tournament was fantastic. What they lacked in quality they made up for in sheer belief. Their unwillingness to lie down despite frequently going behind was nothing short of brilliant.

Another favourite of mine was Spurs summer transfer window. I had so many debates with so many Tottenham fans about their side. How can you sell a 66 goal partnership, not address your weaknesses and expect to challenge for the top four. Needless to say I've enjoyed rubbing their noses in it since.

I also enjoyed Villa's early season success. It's refreshing to see a new team if not a largely English team ruffle a few feathers amongst the top four. Will they stick it out who knows? But they've certainly made it a little more interesting for the neutral.

I was going to write a yearly review, but instead of hearing me drone on and on about my favourite aspects of the season I thought it would be more interesting to put them up as a point of discussion which can be voted on at a later date. Basically whenever I've got a bit of spare time I'll list the nominations which can be voted on and write them up in a N-O season review which can be put on the main site or left to rot, it doesn't really matter.

So what’s your favourite non-NUFC footballing moment?

For me it was probably watching Turkey reach the semi-finals of Euro 2008. A lot of people aren't fans of the Turks as a footballing nation but what they achieved at that tournament was fantastic. What they lacked in quality they made up for in sheer belief. Their unwillingness to lie down despite frequently going behind was nothing short of brilliant.

Another favourite of mine was Spurs summer transfer window. I had so many debates with so many Tottenham fans about their side. How can you sell a 66 goal partnership, not address your weaknesses and expect to challenge for the top four. Needless to say I've enjoyed rubbing their noses in it since.

I also enjoyed Villa's early season success. It's refreshing to see a new team if not a largely English team ruffle a few feathers amongst the top four. Will they stick it out who knows? But they've certainly made it a little more interesting for the neutral.

This is what i had in mind. Also some of Hollands football in that tournament was sensational.

Guest sicko2ndbest

- Ronaldo's free kick v pompey at old trafford. One of the best i have ever seen

- John Terrys penalty miss

- Beckham winning laliga with Real

As for one individual moment, Messi's goal against Getafe?

How about CP40's goal against the Red Team?

yes that was ace, but i think it was 2009

I'm sure you started preparing for the match in 2008 though O0

As for one individual moment, Messi's goal against Getafe?

How about CP40's goal against the Red Team?

yes that was ace, but i think it was 2009

I'm sure you started preparing for the match in 2008 though O0

did too, i was hitting shots like that at my 8 year old son for weeks.

Spain winning the UEFA Champion cup it is very nice to see them winning something.

Martin O'Neil a manger I crave so much two and half seasons ego when we opt for Roeder become successful at Villa. Eventhough I am happy for him and his effort i am kicking myself on what might have been momment every weekend.

Spain winning the UEFA Champion cup it is very nice to see them winning something.

Martin O'Neil a manger I crave so much two and half seasons ego when we opt for Roeder become successful at Villa. Eventhough I am happy for him and his effort i am kicking myself on what might have been momment every weekend.

oh give it up

Taking my daughter to her first match, against Stoke the night Keegan was anounced, hugely emotional on both fronts. Queued in exactly the same place i had at her age in 1982 for Keegans Debut, it was a great feeling.

oops just realised its non nufc :blush: