Caio Vinícius Ferreira signs three-year deal (apparently not)

joeyt

Team in 5 years  :coolsmiley:                       

Krul

A.N Other        Tozer             Bassong    Kadar

Lua Lua       Butt         Guthrie    A.N. Other

Vindinho            Ranger

:celb:

FYP.

Football fans stagger me from time to time. For years we've bemoaned the fact we don't identify young players and bring them in for little or nothing but as soon as we start doing it and people twist it and use it to have a pop at those they've got an agenda against. This lad may be turn out to be shite but he might just be a cracking little player. If just one or two of these young lads 'makes it' then it will have been worthwhile. We clearly can't develop our own so we've looked abroad and still people fucking whinge.

Best of luck to the lad and if the same people who spotted Bassong have scouted this lad I'm quite happy to back their judgement and take a punt on him. :)

It doesn't say we have signed him at all just that's he's training with us.

From the article:

Finalizations During the training, for example, look at one side and I see Owen. I look at the other and see the Martins. It's very cool," says Amit, who English signed with the team for 3 years.

Certain things seem a bit suspicious. How on Earth did nobody notice him training with us for two months? Why does he seem to have no club affiliation at the moment? Why does the photo have him wearing a Toon training top in what seems like Brazil?

Caio Vinícius Ferreira seems to be a fairly common Brazilian name so Google isn't helping me sort out what the deal is with this kid.

It doesn't say we have signed him at all just that's he's training with us.

From the article:

Finalizations During the training, for example, look at one side and I see Owen. I look at the other and see the Martins. It's very cool," says Amit, who English signed with the team for 3 years.

we've signed Amit as well? I used to go to school with him.

Guest Heneage

I really don't trust this article much at all. I got a Portugese friend to translate and he said "Typical Brazilian BS Journalism in my opinion".

Guest Heneage

We've not signed him at all, and he won't be joining us either, he came for a trial, thinking he'd been offered a 3 year deal, but apparently he's wanktastic.

Football fans stagger me from time to time. For years we've bemoaned the fact we don't identify young players and bring them in for little or nothing but as soon as we start doing it and people twist it and use it to have a pop at those they've got an agenda against. This lad may be turn out to be shite but he might just be a cracking little player. If just one or two of these young lads 'makes it' then it will have been worthwhile. We clearly can't develop our own so we've looked abroad and still people fucking whinge.

Best of luck to the lad and if the same people who spotted Bassong have scouted this lad I'm quite happy to back their judgement and take a punt on him. :)

Excellent post. :thup:

Football fans stagger me from time to time. For years we've bemoaned the fact we don't identify young players and bring them in for little or nothing but as soon as we start doing it and people twist it and use it to have a pop at those they've got an agenda against. This lad may be turn out to be s**** but he might just be a cracking little player. If just one or two of these young lads 'makes it' then it will have been worthwhile. We clearly can't develop our own so we've looked abroad and still people f***ing whinge.

Excellent post apart from the fact nobody was complaining..  :crazy2:

Football fans stagger me from time to time. For years we've bemoaned the fact we don't identify young players and bring them in for little or nothing but as soon as we start doing it and people twist it and use it to have a pop at those they've got an agenda against. This lad may be turn out to be s**** but he might just be a cracking little player. If just one or two of these young lads 'makes it' then it will have been worthwhile. We clearly can't develop our own so we've looked abroad and still people f***ing whinge.

Excellent post apart from the fact nobody was complaining..  :crazy2:

:lol: Yeah. ??? Agree entirely with what Midds was saying about bringing youngsters in, etc - but who actually was whinging?