Caio Vinícius Ferreira signs three-year deal (apparently not)

joeyt

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4798260,00.html

Magpies win Ferreira race

Brazilian heading for Tyneside

Newcastle have held off strong competition from a number of rival Premier League clubs to seal a deal for Brazilian starlet Caio Ferreira, skysports.com understands.

The 18-year-old travelled to England earlier this month to train with a number of clubs.

He impressed at West Bromwich Albion and was offered terms by The Baggies, just days into his trial with them.

But he had already been spotted by Newcastle and their staff made sure they sealed a quick deal for the young forward - who plays for Clube Atletico do Porto.

Now the youngster, who has Italian ancestry, is waiting on his passport from the embassy which would then allow him to play in England.

The player's English representative Lee Payne confirmed the deal was in place.

"The deal is done, and we are now just waiting on the documents in Brazil," he told skysports.com.

"He is such a wonderful talent, I had no doubts after seeing him in Brazil that he would soon be on his way to England.

"It took just a matter of days for a number of clubs to express an interest in him.

"But Newcastle finalised a deal and he is very excited to be joining such a big club."

The player himself has spoken to the media in his homeland about his prospective move to Tyneside.

"I never thought about working with guys that I saw on TV," Ferreira told Gazeta Online.

"During training for example, I look one side and see Owen, I look at the other and I see Martins, it's very cool.

"He [Kinnear] asked me to come back soon because they have a lot of players injured. It seems that the team needs me."

Payne is hopeful that Ferreira will soon be arriving.

"It is now a waiting game, we are all anxious to see him over here but we just have to wait," he added.

Despite the deserved abuse the board has been getting, its still nice to see us bringing in young players.

Now for some ready for the first team.

It certainly shows some sort of long term commitment still.

So exactly where have we signed him from? What club did he play for? Is he direct from Brazil?

Clube Atletico do Porto according to that Sky Sports article.

You added him to the toon squad yet?

Also what happened to Aaron Spear?

So exactly where have we signed him from? What club did he play for? Is he direct from Brazil?

Clube Atletico do Porto according to that Sky Sports article.

You added him to the toon squad yet?

Also what happened to Aaron Spear?

Spear is here, appeared in one Under 18 game but he's too young to be included on FM.

This lad will not be added till it's confirmed, probably once he has sorted out his Italian passport if the articles are true.

Despite the deserved abuse the board has been getting, its still nice to see us bringing in young players.

Now for some ready for the first team.

We should be stocked to the hilt with young stikers soon!

Ranger, Zamblera, Ferraira, Baheng (was due back next month), Carrol, Donaldson, Spear, Danquah etc..

Wouldnt mind them trying to find a decent few young midfielders and defenders.

Kadar and Tozer look good though.

This is the club he plays for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clube_Atl%C3%A9tico_do_Porto

They are not in a national league. Every season they enter a competition which has the prize of a place in the football league: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campeonato_Brasileiro_S%C3%A9rie_C This was the level Fumaca was playing at.

They have failed to qualify for this tournament 6 times in the last ten years.

Otherwise, they compete in the Second Division of their Regional League: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campeonato_Pernambucano_(lower_levels)

This is their most prominent player of all time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Danilo_Clementino_Silva

The Brazilian youth policy goes something like this:

Every kid in Brazil who is half good goes for an epic trial at Santos. The best kids get picked, and the rest get sent home. Then all the kids left go to the next best club and so on, until they've found somewhere.

Of course there is the margin of error, but those players that low down have generally been rejected by the top clubs. If they suddenly come any good at their lower level club, they'll get spotted and snapped up by the top national clubs.

So either our scouts have become immense and we are spotting them before the Santos scouts. Or alternatively something silly is going on.

Guest Heneage

The Brazilian youth policy goes something like this:

Every kid in Brazil who is half good goes for an epic trial at Santos. The best kids get picked, and the rest get sent home. Then all the kids left go to the next best club and so on, until they've found somewhere.

Of course there is the margin of error, but those players that low down have generally been rejected by the top clubs. If they suddenly come any good at their lower level club, they'll get spotted and snapped up by the top national clubs.

So either our scouts have become immense and we are spotting them before the Santos scouts. Or alternatively something silly is going on.

I'm still finding it very hard to believe we've signed him, a lad saw him train and play and said he was really poor.