Caio Vinícius Ferreira signs three-year deal (apparently not)

joeyt

• 1 month later...
Guest MrSundlofer

He thinks he will join Newcastle United in the summer or maybe in january depending on when his Italian passport is ready.

or not?

Youngster still wants English switch

Brazilian starlet Caio Ferreira is hoping he will seal a move to England in the summer.

The highly-rated forward impressed while on trial at Newcastle United earlier this season.

He also trained with West Brom and both wanted to snap up the 18-year-old, who plays for Brazilian outfit Club Atletico do Porto.

Newcastle agreed terms on a three-year deal, but the deal fell through in January and a late bid from West Brom to try and snatch him also did not materialise.

"Unfortunately, the Newcastle deal fell through," his representative Lee Payne told skysports.com.

"It was all done at our end and Caio was eagerly awaiting to get back there - but just when it looked set to go through it didn't.

"It was upsetting as there was considerable interest in the lad.

"West Brom came in late to try and resurrect it, but it was just too late in the day.

"He is very much looking to the summer and without the constraints of the window, I don't see it being an issue."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11981_5009552,00.html

Guest Heneage

I had a feeling this would die a death. Both Wes and James said he'd been sent back thinking he had a 3 year deal when he didn't.

Guest MrSundlofer

He told me he will join us when he gets his Italian passport. Probably in the summer or in january.

• 3 weeks later...