When we beat Celta Vigo....

Guest SeattleToon

Guest SeattleToon

...we will clinch second place in the group. The only other teams which will theorectically still be able to get nine points will be Palermo and Fenerbache, and since they both will still have to play each other, only one of them could get to nine points. We will almost certainly top the group irregardless because of our better goal differential.

Guest Gemmill

...we will clinch second place in the group. The only other teams which will theorectically still be able to get nine points will be Palermo and Fenerbache, and since they both will still have to play each other, only one of them could get to nine points. We will almost certainly top the group irregardless because of our better goal differential.

Irregardless.  Sorry like, but this has just given me a flashback to when I worked in America and my boss used to use this word all the time.  The word irregardless makes no sense, what you actually meant was regardless.  Irregardless has a self-contained double negative. Lots of Americans seem to use irregardless.  Sort it out.

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

See?  You come on here and you get educated in how to speak PROPER English.

Guest makemeacupoftea

Irregardless.  Sorry like, but this has just given me a flashback to when I worked in America and my boss used to use this word all the time.  The word irregardless makes no sense, what you actually meant was regardless.  Irregardless has a self-contained double negative. Lots of Americans seem to use irregardless.  Sort it out.

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Oh my god sad or bored?

Guest Gemmill

Oh my god sad or bored?

Oh my god I don't know!

Oh my god sad and bored?

Pretty sure we'll beat Celta... but remember - it's much better to finish third than second.

If we finish second, we play a Champions League drop-out. Which could potentially come in the shape of Barcelona at this rate. :shock:

Pretty sure we'll beat Celta... but remember - it's much better to finish third than second.

If we finish second, we play a Champions League drop-out. Which could potentially come in the shape of Barcelona at this rate. :shock:

On the other hand, we could play AEK Athens if we finish 2nd in the group, and Sevilla if we finish 3rd.

We should beat Frankfurt tbh, so a draw against Celta and a win against Frankfurt will be great, we have Celta at home so we have a great chance, they may fear us seen as we beat both Fener and Palermo

Guest Imperio

Finishing top of the group looks quite realistic and it's a necessity when you think about some of the CL teams that we could potentially face.

Celta Vigo are beatable, it's whether or not we can break them down as I can see them coming here and sitting back.