Newcastle 0 - 1 Hull City (FA Cup) - 14/01/09 - Post match reaction from page 21

Dave

The game was very poor with lots of offsides for Hull and especially Cousin. Fagan is a a general dick who took a swipe at Owen after a Hull player was on the floor 'injured' and we hadn't put the ball out. The ref had a shitter, how did he failed to book that Hull player for bringing down Duff?

Newcastle had the better of the chances (Owen header, Xisco from 6 yards in the first half, Guthrie off the cross bar, Xisco one on one which went just past the post) but a sucker punch as the Hull goal was terrible has left us out of the cup. I would say Jonas was the best player, but even then he didn't play that well.

Thing is, football isn't an exact science, if you create the majority of the chances and generally dominate the game you might rightly expect to win. But for whatever reason the strikers have a bad day and the opposition end up nicking it. How anyone can criticise Owen's finishing with his goals/games record is beyond me.

Think some of the posts on here are way over the top.

Guest neesy111

Thing is, football isn't an exact science, if you create the majority of the chances and generally dominate the game you might rightly expect to win. But for whatever reason the strikers have a bad day and the opposition end up nicking it. How anyone can criticise Owen's finishing with his goals/games record is beyond me.

yes but when ur paying someone over 100k a week you expect fucking 10x better then what he's doing at the moment

yes but when ur paying someone over 100k a week you expect fucking 10x better then what he's doing at the moment

It's not just Owen's fault, there is absolutely zero goals contribution from the midfielders. Duff, Butt, Jonas and Guthrie....how many have they got between them in half a season? It's pathetic.

It's not just Owen's fault, there is absolutely zero goals contribution from the midfielders. Duff, Butt, Jonas and Guthrie....how many have they got between them in half a season? It's pathetic.

Very good point.

yes but when ur paying someone over 100k a week you expect f***ing 10x better then what he's doing at the moment

Very good point.

take out butt, edgar, xisco and move nzog, that would be the making of a very good team imo, we arnt that far off as some people may think, its more the management structure and boardroom that needs changing.

yes but when ur paying someone over 100k a week you expect f***ing 10x better then what he's doing at the moment

In total agreement.

Can anyone explain what exactly happened right at the very end? Some sort of scuffle in Hull's box with Carroll dragging someone away.

A bit of a flare up between Bassong and McShane, although Bassong was really going for him.

There was a 'fight' between these two after the game aswell.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2137715.ece

Guest Darth Toon

Has everyone seen the man of the match ratings on nufc.co.uk - Xisco top with 36% of the votes!  :lol:

I suspect some tomfoolery....

Has everyone seen the man of the match ratings on nufc.co.uk - Xisco top with 36% of the votes!  :lol:

I suspect some tomfoolery....

It was a poor showing all round but there weren't many, if any, better on the night.

• 2 months later...