Pre Match - Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - Sat 17th of Jan - 15:00pm

CaliMag

Are we sure he's not just resting Jonas?

I love Jonas as much as anyone else, but he's played a lot since coming back from injury - best to protect a player of his calibre.  Give him the second half, and play Zoggy on the left just to see how it works out.

Kinnear out cause he's resting Jonas?  Chill out, guys lol.

Hasnt played as much as his lover Duff.

Plus he is our most creative player.

Agreed, he is our most creative player.  But Duff didn't break a collar bone during the start of the season.  Last thing I want to see is Jonas have to go under the knife like Martins (an injury I attribute to his over-playing while others were injured, personally).

I love Jonas as much as anyone else, but he's played a lot since coming back from injury - best to protect a player of his calibre.  Give him the second half, and play Zoggy on the left just to see how it works out.

Agreed, he is our most creative player.  But Duff didn't break a collar bone during the start of the season.  Last thing I want to see is Jonas have to go under the knife like Martins (an injury I attribute to his over-playing while others were injured, personally).

I know what you mean, but lets not forget this is a huge game for us and we are in a relegation battle, surely get the points before resting out best players?

I know what you mean, but lets not forget this is a huge game for us and we are in a relegation battle, surely get the points before resting out best players?

I guess Kinnear thinks N'Zogbia can suffice.  I hope he's right, cause I want Jonas fit and fighting for the derby, and we really need him for the home games against Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea if we have any hope of a draw.

He got a "rest" a couple of weeks ago when the same players were fit.

Don't think Kinnear has worked out that he's being played in his much weaker right side position.

After Hull away Kinnear started Jonas on the left. Not sure about Hull at SJP.

Kinnear Out.

Jonas going to be sold?

Give yourself a shake ffs.... Shouting for the manager out just because he has dropped a player you like. Thats ridiculous. If you look at Jonas performances after the Portsmouth game he has been average at best. I dont like Duff but he has been slightly more productive than Jonas over the past few games, if you take the last 2 games (West Ham and Hull) he actually provided more of an end product that Jonas (Cross for Carroll goal and ball for Owen to spew against Hull). Get behind the team and stop throwing imature hissy fits just because 1 player isnt playing.

BRFC: Paul Robinson, Andre Ooijer, Stephen Warnock, Chris Samba, Tugay, Ryan Nelsen, Brett Emerton, Benni McCarthy, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Keith Andrews, Jason Roberts

Subs: Vince Grella, Aaron Mokoena, Keith Treacy, Roque Santa Cruz, David Dunn, Mark Bunn, Matt Derbyshire

NUFC: Shay Given, David Edgar, Fabricio Coloccini, Sebastien Bassong, Jose Enrique, Nicky Butt, Danny Guthrie, Damien Duff, Charles N'Zogbia, Michael Owen ©, Andy Carroll

Subs: Steve Harper, Joey Barton, Jonas Gutierrez, Xisco, Steven Taylor, Tamas Kadar, Kazenga LuaLua

i hope if we are winning well or losing badly xisco gets a run out. won some flick ons against hull and could do with the practice. i fear carrolll will be outmuscled tofay as well and therefore ineffective. would also like to see kazenga come on. the only way to make him and other youngsters better players, and as a result, give the squad more depth, is to give them some game time. that way we wont need to buy as many players.

Jesus! Barton on the bench? Didn't realise he was even close to match fitness. That's good news. :)

Strong bench, that.

Unless Kinnear is taking unnecessary risks with him, Taylor and Enrique.

We've already seen Enrique limp off at HT following early comebacks.

Wasn't signing Kadar pretty much the last thing Allardyce did here?

Would be hilarious if he came on and scored.

Tozer.

No, it was Kadar. Kadar's deal was waiting to be rubber-stamped before Sam was fired and then Keegan basically just gave it the thumbs up when he arrived.

Wasn't signing Kadar pretty much the last thing Allardyce did here?

Would be hilarious if he came on and scored.

I believe his last official signing was Wesley Ngo Baheng.

I want Martins to parachute in for a corner in the last minute and bicycle kick the winning goal in while his other boot flies off into Allardyce's face, getting lodged permanently in his stupid fat head.