Arsenal / N'Zogbia

Cronky

Here's something to cheer a lot of people up, from the Mirror -

GUNNERS GOING FOR N'ZOGBIA

ARSENAL are ready to swoop for Newcastle's French winger Charles N'Zogbia in the January transfer window.

The £5million-rated left winger, 20, has had his first-team chances held back by Damien Duff's arrival at St James' Park.

N'Zogbia has made 54 starts for the Geordies, who need to raise cash and lower the wage bill before buying a striker in the new year.

(Cue a massive debate about whether he's signed his contract)

IMO, he doesn't look a very happy bunny at the moment and isn't making much progress. It's not easy for a young player to make an impact in a side that's struggling a bit, and he himself would probably feel he's better off at Arsenal, who tend to have most opponents on the back foot.

In which case, it'll be difficult to keep him.

Utter rubbish, last week Wenger was linked with being after Ribbery and I am sorry but  if he was after a left winger thats who he would chase. But Wenger has already said he has no interest in buying players in January, he has what he needs.

He has signed his contract, so no debate is needed.

Arsene Wenger who with Comoli is close with N’Zogbia agent has already said he won't be buying anyone in the January transfer window,

However the Person (Comoli) will however try and get Shepherd to part with Charles is Tottenham, its well known Spurs desperately need a Left Winger to balance their side and Martin Jol working with Comoli (who as Director of Football has a huge impact on who goes on their shortlist ) will try and do the deal for N'Zogbia this January.

Freddy Shepherd needs Roeder to balance up the income and outcome just like Sir Bobby Robson did (net 28 million spent and brought in huge money through sales and league positions and European football consistently revenue) its probable N’Zogbia will be one of the incoming fee’s needing to balance the book along with a few other names.

With the money Spurs have Freddy Shepherd will likely let Charles go for a mere £6million

I’ve already got my money on N’Zogbia going to Tottenham so don’t be surprised

Guest Gemmill

Arsene Wenger who with Comoli is close with N’Zogbia agent has already said he won't be buying anyone in the January transfer window,

However the Person (Comoli) will however try and get Shepherd to part with Charles is Tottenham, its well known Spurs desperately need a Left Winger to balance their side and Martin Jol working with Comoli (who as Director of Football has a huge impact on who goes on their shortlist ) will try and do the deal for N'Zogbia this January.

Freddy Shepherd needs Roeder to balance up the income and outcome just like Sir Bobby Robson did (net 28 million spent and brought in huge money through sales and league positions and European football consistently revenue) its probable N’Zogbia will be one of the incoming fee’s needing to balance the book along with a few other names.

With the money Spurs have Freddy Shepherd will likely let Charles go for a mere £6million

Him going to Arsenal is one thing.  Him going to Spurs is something else entirely.  I would be livid if we sold one of our best prospects to those twats.  I don't see that happening tbh unless we really take the piss with the fee.

I can see this - Wenger knows EVERY french player out there and the Zog is just the right sort for him, still v young, loads of talent, just needs playing in a decent side

If he comes in with £ 8 million and a decent defender I can see FFS taking his arm off

As I said about this before - since when did a contract make any difference ? Not worth the paper they are written on. I thought N'Zog would be off to the Emirates stadium as soon as we signed Duff, and said so a few months ago. Nothing has made me change my mind ; he keeps being dropped by Roeder, and this is just a softening-up exercise by the club to prepare for his departure.

The same will happen with Milner ; quality young players being sold to raise money to pay for the club's financial cock-ups....

I would be extremely surprised if, when N'Zogbia moves, it isn't to Arsenal.  The likelihood of him going to Spurs is remote even though there has been interest in the past.  The latest thinking is to try Lennon on the left (as he has done for the last 3 games) and if he adapts to that role, there would be a strong case to get SWP for the right.  Getting N'Zogbia is off the radar at the present time.

If we DID put him on teh block I'm sure it would be Arsenal -  the player himself would wnat of go to the best and Spurs are really worse than us over the last few years whereas at  the Arse he's going to what is effectively a French club playing in the CL and always challenging for the PL - I wouldn't blame him TBH

5 million is a joke, N'Zogbia is a hot prospect with a big future at this club and we will see plenty of him this season on the left wing and in the centre of our mid-field, I'd rather sell Emre and put N'Zogbia beside Parker to be honest, although I don't think we shoudl eb selling anyone.

Yeah a good thing we bought Duff, so now we don't need Zoggy.

Buying Duff was a huge mistake, £5m spent on a left winger, when we already had one of the most talented left wingers in the league. Milner and Luque can play there as well. We could have got a pretty good defender for those £5m. I never liked the duff deal and that hasn't changed after today, cause if Zoggy's leaving, then it's because of Duff forcing him out of the lineup...