Kinnear Says: Newcastle have made 5million bid for Mbia

Gash

Why does he keep telling every man and his dog how much money we've got, and how much we're willing to spend? :undecided:

Be surprised if we pull this one off for this reason. It encourages other teams to come in and/or the seller to up their price. Pleased we're making some sort of progress but just keep it down, man!

Why does he keep telling every man and his dog how much money we've got, and how much we're willing to spend? :undecided:

Be surprised if we pull this one off for this reason. It encourages other teams to come in and/or the seller to up their price. Pleased we're making some sort of progress but just keep it down, man!

I dont understand this - we believe him when theres something negative to be contrived out of what he says, but if theres something positive is said no one believes the bullshitter.

I dont understand this - we believe him when theres something negative to be contrived out of what he says, but if theres something positive is said no one believes the bullshitter.

this is called mistrust., its the fault of MIKE ASHLEY.

I just think he should stfu and concentrate on getting the results...

But then people complain about the silence? Is there no one out there who mightbelieve that thisistheclubs reaction to the fans wanting more communication?

I believe that he's bent the truth at times, or said stuff prematurely only for things not to go to plan... but he'd be a bit silly to say we've bid for someone when we haven't.

Oh I absolutely believe that he's gone and made the bid.

It's the fact that we're making a 5 mil bid to a club that rejected 6m in the summer for a player who rejected Everton as being "too small time" that seems absolutely preposterous to me.

this is called mistrust., its the fault of MIKE ASHLEY.

Golly, you're so tender. You sound like a woman who doesnt trust her bloke.

Guest firetotheworks

Classic example of being damned if you do and damned if you dont. In my opinion its good that he's telling us and keeping us informed, but it could be detrimental. He's a gobshite, but he's the clubs mouthpiece at the moment, and I'd rather have a gobshite than no one at all.

I believe that he's bent the truth at times, or said stuff prematurely only for things not to go to plan... but he'd be a bit silly to say we've bid for someone when we haven't.

So where does that fit into the views that he;s telling the absolute truth about what we;ve bid and how much we've got to spend?

Classic example of being damned if you do and damned if you dont. In my opinion its good that he's telling us and keeping us informed, but it could be detrimental. He's a gobshite, but he's the clubs mouthpiece at the moment, and I'd rather have a gobshite than no one at all.

I agree. It may cause problems but i'd prefer to know we are attempting to do something in this window.

Why can't Kinnear just come out and say...

"I have been given some funds to spend and the club has made two bids, now we wait and see."There's no need to add the "By the way it's 5m for Mbia of rennes"."

Next he will be handing out a list of targets to the media.

I doubt it VERY much that they will accept a bid around £5m for him. It would be a real steal at that price. Would be a perfect replacement for Butt (who's shit)

I read a swedish newspaper where they picked the best eleven so far in each league this year. And Mbia was in it (French one)

I just find it odd the way he is conducting business in the media.  It almost sounds as if he's trying to convince himself that the club is making progress.  Maybe Wise is BSing him just to get JFK off his back and in turn, JFK is taking Wise's BS and talking to the press about it.

Joe Kinnear rings Dennis Wise

JFK:  What progress have we made Dennis?

Wise: Huh? On what?

JFK: those players I tipped you on.

Wise:  Right...right...(shuffles papers loudly).  Oh yes, we're doing quite well.  We have some bids in.

JFK On...?

Wise: Uhh yes, on a couple of your guys.

JFK:  Is M'bia one of them, The bloke for 4M?

Wise:  Yeah, yeah. That's it. (Wise finds a scrap of paper with a couple of names scribbled on it) and... uhhh... Gomis?  Yeah, yeah, Gomis too.

JFK: Great, Dennis, (breathlessly) I knew I could count on you.

I just find it odd the way he is conducting business in the media.  It almost sounds as if he's trying to convince himself that the club is making progress.  Maybe Wise is BSing him just to get JFK off his back and in turn, JFK is taking Wise's BS and talking to the press about it.

Joe Kinnear rings Dennis Wise

JFK:  What progress have we made Dennis?

Wise: Huh? On what?

JFK: those players I tipped you on.

Wise:  Right...right...(shuffles papers loudly).  Oh yes, we're doing quite well.  We have some bids in.

JFK On...?

Wise: Uhh yes, on a couple of your guys.

JFK:  Is M'bia one of them, The bloke for 4M?

Wise:  Yeah, yeah. That's it. (Wise finds a scrap of paper with a couple of names scribbled on it) and... uhhh... Gomis?  Yeah, yeah, Gomis too.

JFK: Great, Dennis, (breathlessly) I knew I could count on you.

wouldn't surprise me at all.