Kinnear Says: Newcastle have made 5million bid for Mbia

Gash

I just think he should stfu and concentrate on getting the results...

But then people complain about the silence? Is there no one out there who mightbelieve that thisistheclubs reaction to the fans wanting more communication?

I don't think we need to know exactly which player we've bid for and how much, that might be taking things too far. Anyway, I'm starting to think this is all a smokescreen, we are probably bidding on a totally different player. It makes no sense to get everyone's hopes up unless everything is more or less tied up.

Does the club know this though?

So you believe him when he says he's bid £5m? Maybe it isnt the game of checkers that everyone seems to think it is, i think the clubs been very clever with the way they've conducted transfers in the past, i see no reason why it should beany different now.

Guest geordienorway

The Rennais-fans is having a laugh at the fee that has been mentioned. They reckon we will have to pay 12-14 mill £.

Well thats us out, and id be suprised if anyone paid that much, Essien didnt go for much more.

£24.4 million for essien.

I've convinced myself that this is just a smokescreen for a more realistic signing, and that the club doesn't honestly believe they can get this player for 5 mil, or for any amount of money for that matter.

Wishful thinking is a critical skill for any NUFC fans' survival.

Can't see why they would use Mbia as a smokescreen though. This would only lead to dissapointment among the fans. Example: If we say we are after Mbia, and then pick up Bullard, people will be dissapointed even though Bullard is a player who would be a certain improvement on our starting XI. The worst thing Newcastle can do is to get the fans' hopes up only to let us down when we think the transfer is a done deal. There is no logic in the quotes from Kinnear unless he knows something about the fee that we don't. If Rennais, against all odds accept a 5-million offer, there will surely be other suitors Mbia rather opts for.

Not getting my hopes up, can't see this one coming through.

:lol:

Nothing funnier than the I'm not getting my hopes up crew.

Meanwhile in the background they are transferring M'Bia onto the Newcastle team in every football and football manager game within their reach.

If you feel the need to say it then it means your hopes are probably through the roof already, and should the deal not happen you'll be the first ones hurling abuse at everyone at the club, even though you supposedly weren't getting your hopes up.

Hey it's okay though. Let those hopes soar. Sometimes dreams do come true.

More wasted money on 2nd class players.

How much have you seen of him?

Probably nothing, but we're signing him so he must be s***. [/half the posters on here]

No matter how bad a player is supposed to be, once they are bought by the club, I will only ever judge them on what they do on the pitch for Newcastle United and go from there.

Sibierski is now someone that is looked back on fondly even though he was one of the most gut wrenchingly dissapointing signings ever.

Remeber the guy who rubbished Jonas mercilessly day in and day out?

But then people complain about the silence? Is there no one out there who mightbelieve that thisistheclubs reaction to the fans wanting more communication?

I don't think we need to know exactly which player we've bid for and how much, that might be taking things too far. Anyway, I'm starting to think this is all a smokescreen, we are probably bidding on a totally different player. It makes no sense to get everyone's hopes up unless everything is more or less tied up.

So you believe him when he says he's bid £5m? Maybe it isnt the game of checkers that everyone seems to think it is, i think the clubs been very clever with the way they've conducted transfers in the past, i see no reason why it should beany different now.

That's just it...it is different to how they've done things. With Guttierez and Coloccini no one had a clue and the club kept their cards very close to their chest. Even when the modric bid was made, Mort who was the chairman kept his mouth shut until it was leaked from the Croatian end. That's what makes me think this is probably a smokescreen.

That's just it...it is different to how they've done things. With Guttierez and Coloccini no one had a clue and the club kept their cards very close to their chest. Even when the modric bid was made, Mort who was the chairman kept his mouth shut until it was leaked from the Croatian end. That's what makes me think this is probably a smokescreen.

But the statemnt they released after ht ekeegan debacle said he was not allowed to talk about transfers, now kinnear IS allowed, is there no possbility that they are allowing this as a reaction to some of the fan wanting more communication?

But the statemnt they released after ht ekeegan debacle said he was not allowed to talk about transfers, now kinnear IS allowed, is there no possbility that they are allowing this as a reaction to some of the fan wanting more communication?

Fans want more communication from the owner and his chairman, to tell us of their plans, hopes and expectations, I don't think it's expected that every transfer target should be publicised. If the policy of managers not being allowed to discuss transfer targets was there it was there for a reason. I don't see any reason that would be changed if it was in the club's interest.

Fans want more communication from the owner and his chairman, to tell us of their plans, hopes and expectations, I don't think it's expected that every transfer target should be publicised. If the policy of managers not being allowed to discuss transfer targets was there it was there for a reason. I don't see any reason that would be changed if it was in the club's interest.

Which leads back to my original post, do the club know this? The fans wanted more commuication, and now they're getting it on an issue which was a contentiuos one over the summer. Im not saying that the club are being gracious to us or whatsoever, all im saying is that the fans havent got exactly what they want and they're complaining of the fact.

Which leads back to my original post, do the club know this? The fans wanted more commuication, and now they're getting it on an issue which was a contentiuos one over the summer. Im not saying that the club are being gracious to us or whatsoever, all im saying is that the fans havent got exactly what they want and they're complaining of the fact.

I don't think the club are so stupid to assume the fans wanted JK blabbing about signings he hasn't made yet. If they want to communicate why doesn't Llambias open his mouth now and then? Wouldn't that be a better way to actually communicate?

I mean tbf it's mostly been a case of us being linked with certain players and then Kinnear coming out and then saying that he is interested in the players we have already been linked with.

So could very well be taking the piss for sure.

I don't think the club are so stupid to assume the fans wanted JK blabbing about signings he hasn't made yet. If they want to communicate why doesn't Llambias open his mouth now and then? Wouldn't that be a better way to actually communicate?

There's no reason to logically believe that that isnt what the fans want?

Not logically, no.

:lol:

Nothing funnier than the I'm not getting my hopes up crew.

Meanwhile in the background they are transferring M'Bia onto the Newcastle team in every football and football manager game within their reach.

If you feel the need to say it then it means your hopes are probably through the roof already, and should the deal not happen you'll be the first ones hurling abuse at everyone at the club, even though you supposedly weren't getting your hopes up.

Hey it's okay though. Let those hopes soar. Sometimes dreams do come true.

I like your posts and some of your views on football. I think you over-do it sometimes, but I have to say it would be an absolute travesty if you don't win the award for Most Optimistic Poster on this board. Keep it up fella :thup:

Not logically, no.

:thup:

Guest dan tanner

I seem to recall that Everton made a £10 million bid for M'Bia during the summer and Rennes turned it down. This prompted M'Bia to demand that Rennes sold him as he wanted to move abroad to "further" his career and Rennes should be happy to sell him as he had been a good and loyal player to them.

He was then offered a huge bump up in wages by Rennes, to which he withdrew his transfer demands and decided that he owed them his loyalty and was prepared to stay another year.

Then he does an interview on the 7th of January and comes out with this:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1722/french-li...rentina-waiting

Stéphane Mbia seemed on the verge of securing a lucrative move to England over the summer, with Everton leading the chase, but he opted to stay put at Stade Rennais for the time being.

“I could have joined Everton, but I turned them down because money is not the only important thing in life, and I think that was a good decision, as I am now followed by big clubs," Fiorentina.it quotes the midfielder as having said. "Which ones? I will keep their names to myself…”

Fiorentina and Milan are said to be two of the clubs hot on the heels of the versatile midfielder, with the 22-year-old Cameroonian has revealing that he would be open to a move to the peninsula.

“Italy or England? I would say Italy, but never say never…” he smiled. "The same goes for Real Madrid: how could I turn them down if they called me up?

"Fiorentina or Milan? I don’t want to move to a team who challenge for the fourth or fifth place. They have to be one of the top three, otherwise I will remain at Rennes for two more seasons.”

Vince Masiello, Goal.com.

A mercenary player, who if things are going tits up, would be throwing his dummy out of the pram and demanding a move at the next transfer window.

Not logically, no.

:thup:

Just to add, i think the part you didn't bold is what the fans are looking for wrt communication. I'm not an Ashley hater, but I think he has been found wanting in this regard.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd be surprised if he joins us after basically saying Everton aren't big enough for him.

I dont know!

Martins, Owen, Coloccini, Duff, Viduka, Butt and Beye on paper at least, make us look like a big club. Apart from Arteta and Yak i dont think they have anyone of that profile

I'd be surprised if he joins us after basically saying Everton aren't big enough for him.

I dont know!

Martins, Owen, Coloccini, Duff, Viduka, Butt and Beye on paper at least, make us look like a big club. Apart from Arteta and Yak i dont think they have anyone of that profile

He said he would turn down Milan.

I dont know!

I was thinking more about the league table.

I dont know!

We'll just show him one with the other 1 on our position scratched off and it's all good.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I dont know!

I know what you meant just wanted produce a counter!