Kinnear Says: Newcastle have made 5million bid for Mbia

Gash

I'd be surprised if he joins us after basically saying Everton aren't big enough for him.

I dont know!

Martins, Owen, Coloccini, Duff, Viduka, Butt and Beye on paper at least, make us look like a big club. Apart from Arteta and Yak i dont think they have anyone of that profile

I was thinking more about the league table.

Someone needs to go all NE5 on you Dave!

Guest dan tanner

How is he a mercenary wanting to go to a big club?

"Fiorentina or Milan? I don’t want to move to a team who challenge for the fourth or fifth place. They have to be one of the top three, otherwise I will remain at Rennes for two more seasons.”

IF he comes here it is only going to be for a big cash hike, as he states that he will only move to a top three club.  

How is he a mercenary wanting to go to a big club?

"Fiorentina or Milan? I dont want to move to a team who challenge for the fourth or fifth place. They have to be one of the top three, otherwise I will remain at Rennes for two more seasons.

IF he comes here it is only going to be for a big cash hike, as he states that he will only move to a top three club.  

Right got you now, didnt think we offered big wages any more, and to be honest if he comes for the money and does well then i wont complain.

I'd be surprised if he joins us after basically saying Everton aren't big enough for him.

I dont know!

Martins, Owen, Coloccini, Duff, Viduka, Butt and Beye on paper at least, make us look like a big club. Apart from Arteta and Yak i dont think they have anyone of that profile

From the perspective of someone who hasn't been following the prem all that closely, I think it's possible to think that we're a bigger club that Everton that's just having a bad run.

I dont know!

From the perspective of someone who hasn't been following the prem all that closely, I think it's possible to think that we're a bigger club that Everton that's just having a bad run.

I think this is true mind. Even when Atletico Madrid had about a 10-year spell of mid-table finishes...even a relegation, I still considered them as one of the biggest clubs in Spain.

Guest dan tanner

I also don't belive big wages are being offered anymore.

Which is why I would probably assume that he is either bullshitting about the big teams being in for him and is now looking for a more high profile stage (The Premiership) to showcase his talents, a la, what Diarra did at Portsmouth.

Or the club is blowing smoke up everyones arse!!!

Isn't it a bit like Zog saying Spurs and Villa are ok, but I'd rather go to Arsenal...if they would just bid for me.

You can only go to clubs that put offers in and it doesn't look like those bigger clubs have bid for M'bia so he has a decision to make.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/west-ham-bemused-by-kinnear-claim-1380324.html

Some worryingly embarrassing stuff there. They are probably just stiring the pot though.

"He's the nearest thing I've seen to Patrick Vieira," Kinnear said of 22-year-old Mbia. "He is a monster, 6ft 3in, powerhouse, box to box. I would hang my hat on him from what I have seen on him." When asked how much he had seen of Mbia, Kinnear said he had not seen him in the flesh, only on video. An agent in France, whom Kinnear trusts, has recommended the player. .

Youtube stikes again!

JFK "You guys wont believe how good Mbia is, he is going to take the premiership by storm"

Reporter "so how long have you been watching him?"

JFK- "Well ive seen some videos"

Reporter "There isnt really any bid is there Joe"

JFK - ".....no"

Reporter - "Are you a greasy, mouthy, mullet wearing liar?."

JFK - ".......Yes.......  this is all off the record right? Cunt"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/west-ham-bemused-by-kinnear-claim-1380324.html

Some worryingly embarrassing stuff there. They are probably just stiring the pot though.

"He's the nearest thing I've seen to Patrick Vieira," Kinnear said of 22-year-old Mbia. "He is a monster, 6ft 3in, powerhouse, box to box. I would hang my hat on him from what I have seen on him." When asked how much he had seen of Mbia, Kinnear said he had not seen him in the flesh, only on video. An agent in France, whom Kinnear trusts, has recommended the player. .

Youtube stikes again!

Worked for sven.

Guest justin99.

so the opinion of an agent is taken over the scouts

so the opinion of an agent is taken over the scouts

what else do you know for a fact son? please do tell, share your knowledge with us

Fail to see why Rennes would accept a £5m offer when they wanted £8/10m in the summer unless they're in the shite.

Or he is now shite!

Fail to see why Rennes would accept a £5m offer when they wanted £8/10m in the summer unless they're in the s****.

the exchange rate and the fact that the player may have scuppered the first deal awaiting one of the big guns to come,which hasn't mareialised.

having said that i can't see it happeneing.