Kinnear Says: Newcastle have made 5million bid for Mbia

Gash

Fail to see why Rennes would accept a £5m offer when they wanted £8/10m in the summer unless they're in the shite.

I think your right its much more likely going to end up being closer to £10 million.

Unless N'Zogbia is used as part of the deal to reduce the price which I actually don't think is that unlikely.

Fail to see why Rennes would accept a £5m offer when they wanted £8/10m in the summer unless they're in the shite.

I think your right its much more likely going to end up being closer to £10 million.

Unless N'Zogbia is used as part of the deal to reduce the price which I actually don't think is that unlikely.

Rennes won't be able to afford his wages i suspect. Would be a backward step for him

Fail to see why Rennes would accept a £5m offer when they wanted £8/10m in the summer unless they're in the s****.

Rennes won't be able to afford his wages i suspect. Would be a backward step for him

Joining any french club would be a step back imo.

Well we must have been told wether the bid has been accepted or not by now.

Probably just offered his agent 5m and he's pissed off with it knowing Kinnear,

I was actually waiting for Rennes to come out and say they havent spoken to anyone a t newcastle.

Might just be £5m up front with another £Xm over a couple of years and/or depending on appearances, etc.

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/1/16/PremLigue-1-Rennes-no-to-MBia-Newcastle-move/gnid-35668/

Newcastle target Stephane M’Bia will not be making a move to St James’ Park – or anywhere else for that matter – this transfer window, his club Rennes has stated.

The 22-year-old Cameroon international was the subject of a £5 million bid from The Magpies, which was confirmed by manager Joe Kinnear on Thursday.

M’Bia was identified by Kinnear as an ideal midfield option, and the Premier League side approached Ligue 1 highfliers Rennes with an offer.

However, the French side’s general manager Pierre Dreossi has stated that no-one else will be leaving the club this January transfer window, following Sylvain Wiltord’s departure for Marseille on loan.

Dreossi has also ruled out the possibility of a loan switch for M’Bia until the end of the season.

"There will be no arrivals or departures, nor any loans, even after the departure of Wiltord,” said Dreossi.

"We are not interested in the departure of any of our players."

I bet we didn't even make a bid.... I'm really confussed with the clubs transer policy at the moment. One day we are saying 'we have made two loand bids, one for an Italian Internationa, one for an Argentine International' the next day we have apparently bid '£4M for two players' Then I find out that we have bid £5 for this guy and tried to sign Lucas Neill as well as wrapping up the signing of loverkrands.

So does that mean we are getting:

2 Players on loan

2 £4M signing

M'bai

Neill

Loverkrands

No.... It's just mean JFK talks absolute shite!!

Guest Brazilianbob

So assuming Geremi goes to Besiktas and Lovenkrands and the loan signings don't impress, we could well come out of the transfer window a player down. 

Seems par for the course for NUFC.  As for Ashley speaking to the fans after the transfer window shuts, I imagine he is going to reveal that he is dispensing with the services of Wise, assuming the scenario pans out as I have just stated.

No need whatsoever to come out and say we had made an offer.

It keeps some off their backs.

TBF one thing it has done is give the press something to write about and divert attention away from the players who are wanting away, which was all they had to write about before. That may have may have been his intention in coming out with all this stuff this week. If so, even if everything he has said is just made up, fair play to him as it makes us look like a buying club rather than a selling club which is not what you want when trying to get players to join.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but it's another angle on it. If he has been doing that I'm sure he'll tell us how clever he's been after the window's shut.

Guest Howaythetoon

Kinnear is clearly trying to reclaim some sort of authority over transfers and for me by making public our bid whether it actually exists or not is his way of heaping pressure on the powers that be to get their arses into gear and up their own game.

Guest Wally_McFool

That very nice man and highly respected football agent Willie McKay said on December 31st on Sky Sports News that Newcastle were signing 5 players in January, one of them a top midfielder!

Please tell me that William wasn't lying to us like Joe is.. 

:crazy2:    :frantic:  :rant:  ;D

Why people can't simply wait a couple more weeks to see what has come of the window before sliting their wrists I will never know.

That statement by Rennes didn't even refer to the Newcastle bid. How do we know that didn't come out prior to our bid?

Let time run its course for goodness sake.

No need whatsoever to come out and say we had made an offer.

It keeps some off their backs.

TBF one thing it has done is give the press something to write about and divert attention away from the players who are wanting away, which was all they had to write about before. That may have may have been his intention in coming out with all this stuff this week. If so, even if everything he has said is just made up, fair play to him as it makes us look like a buying club rather than a selling club which is not what you want when trying to get players to join.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but it's another angle on it. If he has been doing that I'm sure he'll tell us how clever he's been after the window's shut.

Fair enough. :nods:

As other say, the time to judge is when the window closes. Doesn't look great at the moment though.