Louise Taylor skewers Allardyce

Guest guyb

This, after all, is a manager who spent a small fortune of Bolton's resources on buying that club a Cryopod. Built with materials garnered from Nasa this sci-fi contraption is essentially a chill chamber where the temperature is set at -130C. Four minutes inside will freeze your eyeballs, five will kill you but 30 seconds seemingly kids the body into thinking its dying and thereby prompts its regeneration. With Allardyce at the helm there was no hope of a Newcastle re-birth

:lol: Fucking hell, what a mentalist

In case you haven't seen this in the Guardian - one of the best hatchet jobs I've ever read.

And probably 99% true too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/jan/15/sam-allardyce-newcastle-united-blackburn

Favourite bit - "His BBC ban reflected the misplaced arrogance of an essentially little man."

Ha it's quite funny when it's not about us.

This, after all, is a manager who spent a small fortune of Bolton's resources on buying that club a Cryopod. Built with materials garnered from Nasa this sci-fi contraption is essentially a chill chamber where the temperature is set at -130C. Four minutes inside will freeze your eyeballs, five will kill you but 30 seconds seemingly kids the body into thinking its dying and thereby prompts its regeneration. With Allardyce at the helm there was no hope of a Newcastle re-birth

beats me why so many people read the shite that she puts out, never mind the rag full stop

beats me why so many people read the shite that she puts out, never mind the rag full stop

I bet you were enjoying it until you got to this bit though:

Bolton were on the slide and Freddy Shepherd, the chairman who hired Big Sam, failed to heed the alarm bells.

;)

wouldnt fucking trust joe Kinnear with that freezer training carry on.

.......Quick joe open the door, the team are fucking freezing to death,  joe quick, joe,  oh fuck hes lost the key, and is fighting with the butcher, ... rip football team.

Guest The Libertine

maybe she wanted allardyce at sunderland and is now gutted about being stuck with such a crap manager.

does she mention martin o'neill at all?

wouldnt fucking trust joe Kinnear with that freezer training carry on.

.......Quick joe open the door, the team are fucking freezing to death,  joe quick, joe,   oh fuck hes lost the key, and is fighting with the butcher, ... rip football team.

:lol:

Bolton were on the slide and Freddy Shepherd, the chairman who hired Big Sam, failed to heed the alarm bells.

;)

I do remember some people claiming that Phil Gartside was a good chairman. Don't really know where they got the idea from, probably on account of the fact that Allardyce did a great job at Bolton, who then promoted Sammy Lee, like lots of other chairman who appoint number 2's into the number 1.

;)

I do remember some people claiming that Phil Gartside was a good chairman. Don't really know where they got the idea from, probably on account of the fact that Allardyce did a great job at Bolton, who then promoted Sammy Lee, like lots of other chairman who appoint number 2's into the number 1.

Scraping the barrel a bit there, arent you?

:lol: f***ing hell, what a mentalist

beats me why so many people read the s**** that she puts out, never mind the rag full stop

;)

I don't get it, what's Gartside got to do with that article?

It also has to be said, SA did wonders at  Bolton and if one half of a season he had a bad run is all she can mock him for then SHE'S scraping the barrell.

He was f**king shocking here, like. Can't argue with that!

beats me why so many people read the s**** that she puts out, never mind the rag full stop

;)

I don't get it, what's Gartside got to do with that article?

It also has to be said, SA did wonders at  Bolton and if one half of a season he had a bad run is all she can mock him for then SHE'S scraping the barrell.

He was f**king shocking here, like. Can't argue with that!

Well, in actual fact, its because she is probably making it up. Bolton had reached their peak, and Gartside was said to be a good chairman by many people [for appointing Allardyce ?] and Allardyce was also believed by many people to be ready for the big job.

Isn't hindsight wonderful ?

;)

When was the last time we promoted a number 2 to a number 1? I'm failing to see if you're meaning it's positive or negative tbh.

;)

When was the last time we promoted a number 2 to a number 1? I'm failing to see if you're meaning it's positive or negative tbh.

why do you want to know when we last promoted a number 2 ?

I'm pointing out that, according to many people, you don't appoint number 2's, yet supposedly good chairman elsewhere have promoted number 2's to the manager's job ? Lots of them have, in fact, and some of them have also been very successful. At the time, I thought giving Roeder a crack had some merit. It seems now that Shearer was a good number 2  :coolsmiley: to Roeder, and very influential. But thats just hindsight and speculation, although hindsight views suit some people who can't state a judgement. So it didn't work out for him, and correctly for NUFC having ambitions much higher than mid table positions, they decided they wanted better, unlike Ashley and also unlike their predecessors.

;)

why do you want to know when we last promoted a number 2 ?

I'm pointing out that, according to many people, you don't appoint number 2's, yet supposedly good chairman elsewhere have promoted number 2's to the manager's job ? Lots of them have, in fact, and some of them have also been very successful. At the time, I thought giving Roeder a crack had some merit. It seems now that Shearer was a good number 2  :coolsmiley: to Roeder, and very influential. But thats just hindsight and speculation, although hindsight views suit some people who can't state a judgement. So it didn't work out for him, and correctly for NUFC having ambitions much higher than mid table positions, they decided they wanted better, unlike Ashley and also unlike their predecessors.

roeder wasn't our no.2 but he did continue the rot that started with souness.