Ashley to speak out once window closes

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm sure this will have been posted somewhere else but just in case:

Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/15/kinnear-waiting-to-hear-from-west-ham-over-neill-72703-22701105/

Kinnear also claimed that Toon tycoon Mike Ashley will address fans via the media when the January transfer window closes at the start of next month and that he will be backed by the United owner.

He added: “I spoke to Mike last night and the chairman has been to the training ground.

“Mike is going to speak to the Press when the window shuts.

“He is prepared to back me with the players I have seen.

“I am optimistic that one player is going out and two coming.”

However, Kinnear is unsure whether he will have any new faces or players back from injury for the trip to Ewood Park.

He says: “We’d love to have them in for the Blackburn game.

“We wouldn’t want to leave it any later.

“We’d like to bring back in injured players and fresh faces.

“I cancelled training as it was a case of having saunas and massages and getting ready for the match."

If it's true then I can only assume that Ashley is planning on making an  impact in the transfer market otherwise he'd probably keep his head low. More power to his chequebook if that's the case.

After the Window, Ashley will say,... We will sign players in the summer,..

"we tried to get players"

Seriously though, hopefully its plans for the summer i.e. the club being sold, new manager etc.

I don't trust the guy but it'll be interesting to see what he has to say this time.

You must have pretty damn good balance sitting on the fence for so long  :razz:

Eh?

Well you're the ideal diplomat. You won't totally dismiss the idea of Ashley talking to the fans by saying "the cunt will have us again, make mugs out of us" etc... You are always willing to give him a chance to show what he will do next despite your mistrust in him. Your way is better than say NE5's or centerpaddock's. Just an observation.

I hope that turns out to be true, because then your posts will actually mean something :)

I hope that turns out to be true, because then your posts will actually mean something :)

unlike any of yours.

My posts may be total shite, but at least I can use the quote function :pow:

Good news I suppose. One last stab at winning back our trust.

It's also encouraging that he's chosen to speak after the window. I think it's an indication that he believes his actions during the window will speak for him and that the fans will be more receptive to what he has to say.

Of course, on the flipside, we could have an absolutely horrible window and Ashley could just come out with something that makes him seem even more clueless. Wait and see, I suppose.

unlike any of yours.

My posts may be total shite, but at least I can use the quote function :pow:

you want a medal?

Will have to come out and bite the bullet to explain why we didnt get the players in we needed to stay in the premiership.

It would be nice to think he will be able to gloat because we brought in a whole host of name and some great players.

But seeing as mentioned along with the fact we are only looking to get two players in doesnt really encourage me.

If we are letting someone leave then we need another person in to replace him, so 4/5 players has to  become 5/6.

LB

RB

CB?

2x CM

RW

We dont need another Striker IMO, at least not until we get the rest in.

Guest sicko2ndbest

MA

'we tried during the window, we really did, but the prices we were quoted were far too high. The guy at Man City is about 1000 times richer than me-fact!'

unlike any of yours.

My posts may be total s****, but at least I can use the quote function :pow:

you want a medal?

:sadnod: