Question Re: Word

Yorkie

This doubtless has a very simple solution and i'm just daft. :)

I have Word 2007 (Vista edition, so to speak), and i'm trying to get footnotes on my pages. I know how to get the footnote itself, however the footnote i create applies to every page (so the same text is on every page). Can someone please explain how i can differentiate the footnotes per page?

Thanks.

There is a difference between a footer and footnotes. The thing that should be appearing on every page is the footer, usually marked with a page number or something. To get footnotes, highlight the word that you want, go to references then click add footnote. When you do this, there should be a line denoting where your text ends and where the footnote begins on that page. The note should only be on that page. You should also see a little 1 on the top right hand corner of the word you highlighted and in the footnote section, you should see a bigger 1, and that's where you type whatever you want (presumably references or a clarification). If you don't see the 1 then you've done something wrong.

there's a button on the FOOTER bar that enables you to make it the same as the last one - if you want it different you have to put in a break (page,section whatever)

HELP explains it all quite clearly