Allardyce!

steve_69

What a fucking prick!

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce has told Newcastle United's boo-boys to take a reality check.

Ahead of this weekend's game, Allardyce said: “My question is why should I get any stick?

“Newcastle had 26 points when I was sacked and we were 11th.

“There seems to be a perception put about that I did a bad job — even though, in our first 10 games, we had the best start for a decade.

“If you look at Kevin’s and Joe’s record I think mine stands up against theirs.”

Big Sam added: “I’ve got no regrets about going to Newcastle. It was the right club at the wrong time. I couldn’t look into the future and see what was going to happen, nobody could.

“I thought it was going to be a big chance to spend big money but it didn’t turn out to be the case. My time there was not a disaster like some people make it out to be. The first 10 games were a big big bonus for me. It was a really good achievement.

“I had changed the vast majority of the playing and the backroom staff. And those backroom people are all still employed throughout the leagues, many in the Premier League.

“They are very good at what they do. I chose the right staff for Newcastle and I don’t think I have to justify myself.”

Allardyce also revealed: “I’m not sure I’m as badly thought of up there as a lot of people claim, though.

“When we went to Blyth, which is just north of Newcastle, for our FA Cup tie I was told I was going to get it and I’ve never signed so many autographs and posed for so many photos.

“There was the odd one shouting “you fat *******” but I get that wherever I go!”

He did a poor job with us, but that isn't the reason he'll be getting stick. It's the endless rubbish about the fans, club and area that he's since come out with that's earnt him that.

Also, wasn't the 'best start for a decade' a myth?

He set the team out to play some really fucking dreary football that no one wanted to watch.

If we'd have been winning games whilst playing badly it would have been excused, but to play badly and consistently lose games that could or should have been won had we actually tried to win & not simply edge a draw is what caused his failure here.

His tactics.  His ideas on how the game should be played.  He's the only one to blame for his own failures.

He did a poor job with us, but that isn't the reason he'll be getting stick. It's the endless rubbish about the fans, club and area that he's since come out with that's earnt him that.

Also, wasn't the 'best start for a decade' a myth?

Easiest starting fixtures for a decade maybe.

As I said in the other thread, the strange thing about Allardyce is he was much more suited to Ashley's vision for the club than Keegan.

I know what you mean, but Allardyce wouldn't have gone along with having his transfers decided for him either though.

As I said in the other thread, the strange thing about Allardyce is he was much more suited to Ashley's vision for the club than Keegan.

I know what you mean, but Allardyce wouldn't have gone along with having his transfers decided for him either though.

True.

Apart from the fact that even Ashley wants to watch entertaining football.

I'm not convinced. You need good players for that.

And he was sitting up in the stands with the name "Smith" on the back of his shirt.

Yeah, I'm sure he spent all this money on the club (in the first place at least before you start on about transfers) to watch a dull side.

Yeah, I'm sure he spent all this money on the club (in the first place at least before you start on about transfers) to watch a dull side.

No he bought it to make more money. The football played is irrelevant as long as it's cheap.

No he bought it to make more money. The football played is irrelevant as long as it's cheap.

Ah OK. And you know this how?

From his actions since he bought the club. It's fairly obvious if you don't take every opportunity to stuff yourself up his hoop.

From his actions since he bought the club. It's fairly obvious if you don't take every opportunity to stuff yourself up his hoop.

I don't recall doing that. Forgive me for not taking my presumptions as being facts like you do.

you could make the argument that his actions since taking over have drove the value of the club down,less incoming monies, making it less likely he'll make money on his investment.

you could make the argument that his actions since taking over have drove the value of the club down,less incoming monies, making it less likely he'll make money on his investment.

Less incoming money how? The Sky money is the same for everyone and he's already got most people's season ticket money.