Transfer Business

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

I am getting really sick and tired of reading about our young players being sold on to balance the books because it is good business. Well IMHO this is very bad business.

There is talk of N'Zogbia going to Arsenal for a mere £5-6 Million. How can this possibly be good business when IMO he is ahead of Duff, he is one of the best up and coming young players around and he continues to improve. He was excellent last night albeit in a more central role until he tired.

Then there is the Milner- Aston Villa saga. If we sell Milner, a 20 year old rising star and keep a 30+ year old Solano who is offering nothing to the team IMO then we really are stupid. Milner again was excellent last night and in allfairness has been sh*t on this season. The kid fully deserves his first team place and the way we are treating him is nothing short of a disgrace.

If we want to raise money then sell Emre who IMO is a luxury player we just don't need. Parker, Dyer, Butt, N'Zogbia even Solano can all play in that role but Emre will give us a maximum return for a player we really don't need. Then there is the mercenary that is Babayaro and the mistake waiting to happen AGAIN, Titearse Bramble. They can be sold.

We should not be a selling club and selling are younger players to generate revenue as they fetch the most money is shocking business sense.

Opinions?

The Milner thing was fund raising and was all about Fred, you can bet Roeder was livid and really wanted Milner to stay, thats why we saw the deal fall appart after Boro were nice enough to point blank refuse to sell us Viduka.  :thup:

Guest Gemmill

The Milner thing was a shambles.  Not just from the point of view of how we treated him, but disposing of a long term asset to fund investment in a short-term fix is totally moronic. 

Nowt's happened with N'Zogbia though, and Milner is proving his worth so I'd hope we'll be keeping them both.

Just accentuates the fact that we have completely shite management at this club. Emre is expendible in my opinion whereas the younger lads (Milner/Zog) are the future of our club and they aren't too bad now either!!

Zoggy is way off form but no way should we sell him on, he is still a huge prospect. The only thing I may be tempted is to loan him out to the Gooners for half a season, Wenger would sort him out for us.  bluebiggrin.gif bluelaugh.gif

Guest Shotgun Mick

Milner and Charles are exactly the type of players we need and I would be pissed off if either of them left. I wouldn't be upset if Nobby and Emre left in January.

Milner and Charles are exactly the type of players we need and I would be pissed off if either of them left. I wouldn't be upset if Nobby and Emre left in January.

Nobby is a shadow of the player he was before Sir Bobby jettisoned him and once Dyer is fully operational isn't going to play so i think he may leave in January.

once Dyer is fully operational.

No need for Nobby to worry about his place then  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest geordieracer

i will be very suprised if milner doesn't leave in january tbh.. he loved it at villa by the looks of it.. and he feel wanted buy them and then theres martin o'neills effect on him..

if we sell him for 4 million then bring in a solid defender for 4 million.. then it wouldn't be too bad considering we don't have any money and if dyer can get fit he can play on the right

i will be very suprised if milner doesn't leave in january tbh.. he loved it at villa by the looks of it.. and he feel wanted buy them and then theres martin o'neills effect on him..

if we sell him for 4 million then bring in a solid defender for 4 million.. then it wouldn't be too bad considering we don't have any money and if dyer can get fit he can play on the right

We can't rely on Dyer to get/stay fit, he's never managed it in the past.  imo we should only sell Milner if he really really doesn't want to stay or if we have someone else lined at the right price/quality to improve that position.

Obviously we need to improve defence and attack in Jan & the money has to come from somewhere but I'd rather see some fringe players leave first.

I'd keep our midfield players we have the right amount and they are very good too. Midfield's not a problem.

We need a better (shoulden't be hard) replacement CB for Shambles (who we should wash our hands of once and for all before he costs us any more games/points etc than he already has). Another very good RB (luke young or a young up and coming would be ideal). Get Shola his operation too so we need another 'Big man' striker too.

Then we have:

PAV

HARPER

KRUL

GIVEN

HUNTINGDON

CAR            MOORE    NEW CB    BERNARD

NEW RB      TAYLOR    RAMAGE    BABA

O'BRIEN

SOLANO      BUTT        PATTISON ZOGGY

MILNER      PARKER    EMRE        DUFF

LUQUE      NEW 'big man, STRIKER

THE SIB      ROSSI (till jan)

MARTINS    DYER? (possibly)

**Ameobi and Owen to come back too.

The players we have on the whole are very very good, we need at least a couple of good additions (a RB , CB and a CF) then the rest is up to glenn to get them playing in the right way.

I would sell Duff, Emre, Carr, Titus and Babayaro. Duff is a luxury we didn't need, Emre we could get a good price for and Carr, Titus and Babs, well need I say any more!. With the money we would get for that lot we could spend on defence which is more important.

Guest Imperio

N'Zogbia and Milner could very well be the future of this football club so keeping them is vital, especially if we only get £6m for Zog.

Anyone who we bring in from the money we got for N'Zogbia will probably not have nearly as much potential and just be a short-term option. We just need to be more careful in the transfer market and try to get a few bargain buys rather then let perfectly good defenders go when we could have got them on a free for a short term problem fix.