Blackburn Rovers 3 - 0 Newcastle - 17/01/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

What a embarrassment the fenhurst was pre match, i was inside looking out onto the carpark and it was like a kids play ground, people spraying drinks and throwing cans around.

Yup - we were stood to one side. Police on horseback came in and got a few bottles chucked at them. Bloody charvas no doubt.

Guest labrowski

i honestly dont remember being excited about one thing we did all game, my half time hot dog was the best part of the game ffs

My half time double chips were pretty nice!

One of the most depressing games I've ever been to. We're a joke of a club, I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, just darkness. Apathy is going  start to set in for me personally, which may save me a bit of heartache tbh as I just don't know how the clubs going to get out of this rot.

Guest labrowski

One of the most depressing games I've ever been to. We're a joke of a club, I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, just darkness. Apathy is going  start to set in for me personally, which may save me a bit of heartache tbh as I just don't know how the clubs going to get out of this rot.

I am going to try and get through it with a little bit of hope, a little bit of humour and hopefully a pinch of Nile Ranger!

That was utterly grim after the goal, luckily my beer intake for the day has since rendered most of the specifics of the match deleted from my memory. When they stuck Allardyce's big, stupid, horrible face on the screen at 3-0 I was almost sick.

wasn`t aware of any trouble until i read this

---

Geordie fans cause havoc in Chorley prior to Blackburn Rovers game

4:13pm Wednesday 21st January 2009

Police were called to Chorley town centre on Saturday lunchtime after reports that a large group of Newcastle United fans were causing havoc.

Traders and shoppers reported fans smashing bottles and urinating in the street close to the Crown pub on Chapel Street.

The fans were in town prior to their game with Blackburn Rovers later in the day.

Police said no arrests were made and order was soon restored.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/4065127.Geordie_fans_cause_havoc_in_Chorley_prior_to_Blackburn_Rovers_game/

God, Ryan Nelson on 5 Live discussing the topic of referees - from what he said he clearly knew his team was lucky to get that penalty decision and said outright that the Butt was wrong to be sent off. Credit to Nelson for sounding a thoroughly decent bloke but just makes the defeat even more galling. I know we fell apart at the end but I truly belive that we had that match in the bag until a terrible decision by Styles..