Penalties

Tooj

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Bassong lets men get goalside of him too easily, ends up chasing them into the box repeatedly and makes marginal challenges.

Guest Heneage

Todays was shocking though, they forget the damage it does, Blackburn score heads go down, they score 2nd quickly after. It's a joke of epic proportions and I'm too pissed off for words.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Todays was shocking though, they forget the damage it does, Blackburn score heads go down, they score 2nd quickly after. It's a joke of epic proportions and I'm too pissed off for words.

True but everytime Bassong is chasing a striker into our box I'm nervous. He should have had another against him vs Bellamy last week.

I'm starting to think there are a couple of refs who think that it would be good fun for us to go down and that's influencing their decisions.

Number of bad calls leading to penalties this season is simply ridiculous

Penalties Against:

v Bolton (h) - A handball against Taylor. [bennett]

v Arsenal (a) - A handball given against N'Zogbia. [styles]

v Hull (h) - The Hull player dives over Nicky Butts challenge. [Marriner]

v Everton (a) - A challenge by Butt gives away the penalty. [Webb]

v Man City (h) - A perfectly timed challenge by Beye is deemed to be a dangerous tackle from behind. [styles]

v Fulham (a) - Andy Johnson jumps over Collocinis outstretched leg after an initial push on Cacapa. [Atkinson]

v Wigan (a) - A tussle before Heskey falls over in the box following 20 yards of contact prior to his fall. [Dean]

v Liverpool (h) - Edgar challenge on Babel who tumbles over his leg, probably the correct decision. [Halsey]

v Blackburn (a) - I haven't saw it yet, but judging by the reactions it seems a soft penalty. [styles]

Penalties Against:

v Man City (h) - A perfectly timed challenge by Beye is deemed to be a dangerous tackle from behind. [styles]

v Fulham (a) - Andy Johnson jumps over Collocinis outstretched leg after an initial push on Cacapa. [Atkinson]

v Wigan (a) - A tussle before Heskey falls over in the box following 20 yards of contact prior to his fall. [Dean]

v Liverpool (h) - Edgar challenge on Babel who tumbles over his leg, probably the correct decision. [Halsey]

v Blackburn (a) - I haven't saw it yet, but judging by the reactions it seems a soft penalty. [styles]

Did you remember all that?

Guest Heneage

The one at Fulham (where Johnson fouled Cacapa before being brought down), home to Man City (which the ref later admitted was wrong), Wigan away (Heskey being fouled outside the area before diving) and now today were clearly not correct decisions.

So that gives us 4 more points?

Penalties Against:

Did you remember all that?

I remembered the decisions, but not the referees. I think Styles likes giving penalties against us.

Guest sittingontheball

Two complete joke ones from Styles now.

We're a bad enough team to start with. A bit of bad luck like this could geniunely send us down.

Penalties Against:

v Liverpool (h) - Edgar challenge on Ngog??? who tumbles over his leg, probably the correct decision. [Halsey]

Yeah it was Ngog not that it makes any difference.

It's a fucking disgrace!! I'm sick of all those wrong decisions going against us...So many of the penalties we have got against us is wrong decisions...

If the saying, "these things level themselves out over the course of a season" really is true, then we're in for a flurry of dodgy penalties in our favour from now until May.

But sadly, it isn't.