We're Sh*t And We're Sick Of It

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I do think that this season is going to be the final nail in the coffin for a huge number of fans. There is next to no pleasure to be had from following Newcastle United anymore. What hopes have we got? Hope not to get relegated? Hope all our 'best' players don't leave? Hope our owner sells the club? Hope we get a new manager?

I'm sure a lot of people will be thinking that it's time to start spending their time and money on something less soul destroying.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction. Let's face it, things have been pretty shit since Bobby Robson left.

If we get relegated will your interest in the club be less than it is now?

I'm apathetic as fuck about football in general not just with us. However as long as I can afford it (even with impending redundancy) I will always go and follow the team like I have done for most of my life.

It isnt a case if we go down for alot of fans, its a case of will your interest in the club be lessened for the duration of Ashley and Kinnear's tenure.

Ill still be going to SJP when i can next year regardless of where we are.

Got season ticket for 3 years, so until then at least I'll still be going home and away. After then I'll obviosuly have to consider whether to renew, but I fully expect to still be as interested as now.

Someone summed it up very nicely the other day. Whilst under Souness, Roeder, Allardyce - we knew we were shit... we knew we were just one transitional period away from sorting it all out, one kick up the arse from touching the European challenge.

Now though - there's no hope, there's nowt just around the corner and it is going to take absolute miracle, a total overhaul, to get back to the position we were in under the likes of Roeder.

Which is why that, coupled with the news about Kinnear yesterday, it's difficult to give a fuck. There's only one place we'll ultimately go, as things stand, and it's not up. We're going nowhere, it's blatantly obvious, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to care. Is for me anyway. Dunno, i might just be a plastic fan.

I'm apathetic as f*** about football in general not just with us. However as long as I can afford it (even with impending redundancy) I will always go and follow the team like I have done for most of my life.

Spot on. Following the club is what it's all about. Yeah we're shit, yeah we're probably going to get shitter. But fuck it! This is Newcastle United and we love it,

Guest The Libertine

our troubles are barely worth thinking about compared to most english clubs outside the premiership. fans of those clubs would kill to be in our position.

I'll tell you what, only being born in 1985 I've had it good when it comes to this club. Especially compared with some older people on here than me, and as my dad keeps on telling me, we may have been absolutely garbage for long periods in the 1980's, however he said they were his favourite times following the club home and away. Keep the faith man.

kinnear, ashley, NUFC, kaka, redknapp.....these things and more are slowly turning me against the sport and obsession i love. this week i've said that im gonna try and stay away from football and be happy again cos i hate being this miserable constantly. it makes people around me miserable and the stress is probably making me ill. but as you can see, im back on the forums already. its so hard to give something up, no matter how much you really want to do it  :weep:

Its the whole self-destructiveness that p*sses me off

Yes we were worse in the 80s - and most of the 60s and 70s

BUT - there are SUPPOSED to be better players here now.

Hard to believe isn't it ?

Maybe if they put as much effort in as those crap teams from the 60s 70s and 80s.....

Terrible times and i know it's hard, but it's still our club at the end of the day. The Toon are for life, not just for Christmas. Only thing will stop me going is the ever increasing costs. At some point it simply no longer becomes value for money. I mean look, you've got tin pot clubs like WBA charging £40 to get into a league game. Crazy, and can't be justified.

A year out the premiership wouldn't be so bad i guess.  At least we will see us winning games. We keep out of the media limelight for a change .

But will there be as much financial repercussions  as people say if we get relegated and come back up within one season?

I reckon we would keep attendance near 40,000 if we are doing well. Get rid of some of the wage bill. It could work out for the best.

its a shame about the finances and not being guaranteed to come straight back (as well as the damage itll do to our reputation as a big club).....because i'd be glad to start from almost scratch with a new squad.

that would be the ONLY possible advantage.