We're Sh*t And We're Sick Of It

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Go down,....

get kk back, win championship,.

finish 3rd first season back,..

its happened before.

And only twice since have a newly-promoted club finished top 6 first season up! (Forest 3rd in 94-5, Ipswich 5th in 00-01) Also those were at a time the league was nowhere near as strong as it is now.

Relegation is UNTHINKABLE. The Championship is a fucking hard league to get out of and, given that we can't beat the 'lesser' teams in the Premiership, some who are, arguably, not that much better than the Readings, Wolves, Birminghams, no way would it be a good thing.  We are fucked however, Kinnear is not even halfway competent enough to keep us up. I mean, for fucks sake, even if we had a bottomless pit of cash to buy players, who would sign for that bloke?  His pulling power is ZERO. Wise is a fucking prick of the highest order also.  I'd rather club be a laughing stock in the Premiership than be one in the Championship. The club would self-implode through relegation even faster than it is now. Yeah we got out of the shit once thanks to Keegan in that league and, though some may not like to accept it, thanks to the Hall's and Shepard but no fuckin way is that gonna happen again relegated next season or anytime soon.  So wake up.  Relegation + Current regime = fucked. Simple algebra of life.

Go down,....

its happened before.

It may have happened before but it won't ever happen again when the owner struggles to come up with a net spend of f*ck all on strengthening the squad.

I'm just bored of it. The only way we're staying up right now is if the teams below us continue to be as shit/a bit shitter. I can't see us beating anybody on current form, we only have two players who interest me at all (Jonas and Oba), our manager is awful, our owner's a crook, our captain has one foot out of the exit and we just got spanked by a team managed by Sam Allardyce.

Go down,....

its happened before.

It may have happened before but it won't ever happen again when the owner struggles to come up with a net spend of f*ck all on strengthening the squad.

After selling a few of our "big players" when we go down the net spend will get quite a few players to compete in the championship, plus we will have the best group of youngsters in the world, especially with out 17 forwards aged between 16-20.

I'm just bored of it. The only way we're staying up right now is if the teams below us continue to be as shit/a bit shitter. I can't see us beating anybody on current form, we only have two players who interest me at all (Jonas and Oba), our manager is awful, our owner's a crook, our captain has one foot out of the exit and we just got spanked by a team managed by Sam Allardyce.

Surprised at that, I would have said there's at least a couple more players worthy of our interest. But othersise, totally agree with what you've said. We're right royally fucked and no mistake. :(

Go down,....

its happened before.

After selling a few of our "big players" when we go down the net spend will get quite a few players to compete in the championship, plus we will have the best group of youngsters in the world, especially with out 17 forwards aged between 16-20.

Whatever the merits of our 16-20 age group you genuinely think that we would bounce straight back from the Championship to getting a Champions League place in the Premiership. Jesus Christ....

No, it wont be any less. Because maybe we can get rid of alot of the prawn sarny brigade, get lower priced tickets for younger kids to get in with their parents and get our old support back.

36,000 in the lower part of the stadium with everyone who wants to sing moving to one place. Would be mint.

However, I still don't want us to go down like...obviously.

Relegation always has been the worst possible scenario for the last decade or so. We've never been in this much bother at this stage in the season either.

That said, it's one of those league's where just 2 or 3 wins lifts you 6 places up. The bottom 3 is like musical chairs and we've got to make sure we're not down there when the music stops in May. Personally I think we'll survive but it's going to be closer than quite a few think it's going to be. I also don't subscribe to the view that 'it's done and dusted and we're definitely going down so why bother' mentality. It's clearly not cut and dried. It's no co-incidence that our recent shit performances have come at a time when we've had loads of injuries too. We'll get the players back and we'll pick up the points we need to stay up. I've got to believe that.

If people don't agree then fair enough. Why not just forfeit our games and give up right now? We're doomed, why bother any more?

Fuck that, I'll keep fighting thank you very much.

Relegation wouldn't be the end of the world. Could be in a weird sort of way just what this club and fans need - a fresh start. I'd trade relegation if it meant getting rid of Ashley and co, Kinnear and all the wasters in the team and on the stands -  to be replaced by a bright young manager, perhaps Shearer, some new backers who want and share what we want and feel, and some good honest and slightly talented players who can grow with the club.

You've got a lot of growing up to do buddy. Which clubs go down and get some kind of renewed vigour, some kind of spur-on which leads them back to an imaginary golden age of 'pure football'?

I'll tell you now, absolutely none.

Football is a market. A market which is constantly moving towards ever more calculated equilibrium. It doesn't matter how much you post in 'fake Geordie slang' or how much you look back to some supposedly pure era where everything was good and noble – it just looks like some pathetic raging against the dying light.

The fantastic scenario you posit is exactly that: a nonsense where what 'we feel' is reciprocated by a miraculous new playing staff. Shiiieeeett, I'd rather have a mercenary intent on succeeding for-his-own-good in the squad than some pissant conforming to a parochial ideal of what 'we' (you) stand for. 

Relegation always has been the worst possible scenario for the last decade or so. We've never been in this much bother at this stage in the season either.

That said, it's one of those league's where just 2 or 3 wins lifts you 6 places up. The bottom 3 is like musical chairs and we've got to make sure we're not down there when the music stops in May. Personally I think we'll survive but it's going to be closer than quite a few think it's going to be. I also don't subscribe to the view that 'it's done and dusted and we're definitely going down so why bother' mentality. It's clearly not cut and dried. It's no co-incidence that our recent shit performances have come at a time when we've had loads of injuries too. We'll get the players back and we'll pick up the points we need to stay up. I've got to believe that.

If people don't agree then fair enough. Why not just forfeit our games and give up right now? We're doomed, why bother any more?

Fuck that, I'll keep fighting thank you very much.

Good man. Well said. :clap2:

The prevalent defeatist attitude of so many won't help anyone other than our rivals. I'm not talking about being blinkered about things, but there's still a way to go yet before our destiny for this season is settled.

Relegation wouldn't be the end of the world. Could be in a weird sort of way just what this club and fans need - a fresh start. I'd trade relegation if it meant getting rid of Ashley and co, Kinnear and all the wasters in the team and on the stands -  to be replaced by a bright young manager, perhaps Shearer, some new backers who want and share what we want and feel, and some good honest and slightly talented players who can grow with the club.

You've got a lot of growing up to do buddy. Which clubs go down and get some kind of renewed vigour, some kind of spur-on which leads them back to an imaginary golden age of 'pure football'?

Football is a market. A market which is constantly moving towards ever more calculated equilibrium. It doesn't matter how much you post in 'fake Geordie slang' or how much you look back to some supposedly pure era where everything was good and noble – it just looks like some pathetic raging against the dying light.

The fantastic scenario you posit is exactly that: a nonsense where what 'we feel' is reciprocated by a miraculous new playing staff. Shiiieeeett, I'd rather have a mercenary intent on succeeding for-his-own-good in the squad than some pissant conforming to a parochial ideal of what 'we' (you) stand for.  

Good post. :thup: I concur. Wholeheartedly. :nods:

I hate people who just post  :clap: after posts they agree with but... Aaahh, what the hell.

:clap:

Anyone that thinks relegation would be a good thing does not watch much Championship football.  We have had this type of topic before.  When ever I get the chance to watch Championship football its usually better quality than the bottom half of the Premiership. Over the past few years some of the champioship teams have established themselves in the Premiership and its not always the best teams that come up either due to bad luck and injuries at the play off stage.

We go down - we are stuck with Ashley (his only option would be to sell at a big loss - very big) and Kinnear (as no one else will want to take us on the championship - fact.

Relegation is just about the worst thing that can happen.

We need to scrape though this season and then unite in our absolute agreement that this shit cannot and will not be tolerated for another season of "transition" and make all of our voices clearly and concisely heard that we, the fans, will take no more of this shite what so ever.

Guest Howaythetoon

No-one is saying it is a good thing but it wouldn't be the end of the world and it's certainly not something I'll cry about should it happen.

How dull would the Prem be without the comedy show that is NUFC..SOMEONE has to keep the fans of other clubs amused in these tough times....!!

Seriously, I sometimes think that some fans have such low expectations that a team challenging for promotion in the Fizzy-Pop every year(and JUST missing it..) would be more satisfactory for them than trying to punch the club's proper weight in the Prem.......

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/LookupUNID/6D04B16B6DBCD400802575430027EC7E?OpenDocument

FALLING APART – 19/Jan/09 

Where do we go from here? Things are getting worse and the noise coming from the confused flap of Joe Kinnear about a new 2-year contract for him are simply sending thousands of us into absolute despair. If Kinnear is the answer then what is the fucking question? Until now Kinnear has been tolerated by supporters - but if this is going to be a permanent arrangement then the future is postponed.

There are reasons why Kinnear was out of work for God knows how long after he bombed at Forest just as there are reasons why Peter Lovenkrads was released from his contract at Schalke. It’s because they aren’t up to it. We have seen enough now of Kinnear to know he is tactically clueless, his teams are completely one-dimensional, he has no flexibility to his approach and there is not one player under his tutelage performing any better now than they were prior to his arrival, though Shay Given is getting more opportunities to show his class than is good for our collective mental health. Over-weight and out of date. There is not one area of our play where we can say we are improved under Kinnear.

Defensively, we are an absolute joke. Hopeful punts down the middle aren’t dealt with and players are just not doing the basics of defending i.e. the tracking back and other dirty jobs. In midfield, it doesn’t matter who is in the team, it’s the same old laboured, one-paced, clueless bollocks and up front, well, up front is something we haven’t seen enough of quite honestly. Kinnear is out of his depth. All of the stuff about blaming the referee after Blackburn is fooling noone! We were shit and he didn’t have enough craft and guile to fashion a result against a very, very poor team. His lack of personal discipline whilst at first entertaining in an eccentric way is now embarrassing and once again, after the Hull game reveals the histrionics of a man who believes passion involves behaving like a pissed up jakey whose had his last half bottle of cider stolen from him. A joke manager on appointment and a joke manager today but please God, not in the summer. Kinnear is an appalling example to players who are now severely losing the plot! Nicky Butt – a more committed model of professionalism we have not had in recent seasons – totally lost it at Ewood Park – two ridiculous yellow card offences borne doubtless of frustration but which will cost us dear. Joey Barton, once again drawing attention to himself for non-footballing reasons. Of course he was right about Enrique trotting back like he didn’t have a fucking care in the world and not tracking his man. But fucking hell, keep it for the dressing room, man eh? He wasn’t trying to show us how much he cares was he? We’re not that fucking gullible, man! But how can Kinnear say anything to them when his response to criticism about his own lack of discipline is a shrug of the shoulders and the plaintive response – it’s just the way I am. Idiot. Be a fucking professional.

Then again, talk of a 2-year contract for Kinnear could be the voices he hears in his own head or it could be more of the bull-shit he’s had fed to him by Ashley, Wise and Llambias because he says one thing one day and the opposite the next to have a few of us wondering whether his invisible bosses are just taking the piss out of poor old Joe.

Kinnear has told us he is thinking over a very lucrative offer from NUFC. He wants to have a word with his wife about moving up norf permanently. Joe - do yourself a favour, bank the loot you’ve already had off Ashley and go back to pruning the roses. You might not make any dough but you’ll keep what remains of your dignity and your sanity. This NUFC thang isn’t your gig bonny lad. Get to May, get some of that reported £30K a match lolly in your poke and start having a look at those brochures for quiet holidays in Madeira or some such. If Kinnear is indeed our permanent manager-elect then Ashley is indeed embarked upon a mission to empty the stands at SJP come August.

The latest rubbish is of him going to watch a player in France to decide whether he wants him. It’s the fucking 18th of January and we haven’t closed in on our targets? What kind of shambles is this? What kind of operation is Ashley and his London-based lieutenant presiding over? Meetings last week to persuade Ashley to release funds? What was the patter about available funds in November and December? Fucking amateurs the lot of them.

We have indulged Kinnear so far because frankly, we have had little option but now he is showing himself for everything we feared he’d be on appointment – Dennis Wise’s bitch. Read this shit from the whopper:

"Our biggest problem is a lack of strength in depth. Why wasn't it addressed by the previous two managers? I am carrying the can for it."

No Joe, the last two managers operated wholly under Ashley and were not given funds to buy the players required. Had KK been given modest funds you would still be down the fucking bowls club. Even Allardyce who on the whole bought very badly told us he didn’t think Cacapa and Rozenhal were up to it but had no wedge to bring in any better. He was right. As for KK, Joe, were you fucking paying attention in the summer? Did you notice why KK was so unhappy about being used as a patsy (in my opinion) by the despicable cunt Wise? You know, the KK you have had a pop at in that thick way of yours. You do realise why you ended up with the job in the first place don’t you? It was because no one decent would touch it with a fucking bargepole and you have made a twat of yourself sticking up for Ashley, proving your lack of credibility. KK wasn’t perfect but he worked for Newcastle United whereas you work for Mike Ashley. And that is the nub.

Then of course there is Kinnear opening his flap about Lucas Neill and setting West Ham off on one about a possible approach being made to one of their players without their permission. Unprofessional in my opinion! And another thing – Lucas Neill? Jesus!

And then there is the question, if we get to the close season with Kinnear as manager, what player worth his salt would play for this clown? Not that he will have any say in who comes and goes – that’s Dennis Wise’s area as we persist with a model for management on the football side which just does not work in this country and which will never work in this country. And with people, namely Wise who are just not up to it and who compound their lack of ability by their sheer cuntishness. I mean, why give Shola Ameobi a 3-year contract extension on the strength of what he has put in this season? Whose judgement is so shot as to make that decision?

What can we do? Well, it seems there are too many who can’t observe the boycott of all things NUFC as has been recommended in the past. Some actually believe problems are being caused by the moderate protests there have been so far, which I’ll admit has me bewildered. The problems are being caused by Ashley and the clueless bastards he has running the operation and the lack of resources going in. The simple fact of the matter is whatever happens with supporters is underway now and is happening of its own volition – people are chucking it. Direct debits are being cancelled and Mags are promising this is the last. Whether that threat is carried through from the most voluble remains to be seen but it is the supporters who are more quietly resigned who will be more likely to be on the point of walking away. And the feeling in my water is there are thousands at that stage. Anger is an energy but apathy is getting a hold of a big section of our support in a way I’ve not seen since the days of the late 80s when McKeag and Co. had flogged off the golden trinity of Waddle-Beardsley-Gascoigne and we said hello to Pingel, R McDonald, Fereday and a host of others that still make Mags of a certain vintage wake up in a cold sweat almost twenty years later.

Will we go down? Who knows but one thing is for certain and that was a relegation performance at Blackburn after it went 1-0. There is no question about that. Heads dropped and whilst Kinnear has spoken about his fears for Guitteraz fitness delaying his arrival, we’ve seen this dithering before – namely away at the Mackems when it took him an eternity to take off a completely ineffectual Geremi stuck out wide when we were being over-run in the middle.

Reading the local press over the weekend its now obvious local journalists have completely lost it with the club. Malcolm Macdonald (The Chronicle) articulated something I’ve heard for a while from Mags and that is if we survive this season and something big doesn’t happen over the summer then Ashley-Wise-Llambias-Kinnear are simply delaying the inevitable and we’ll slip away next season. That was a point echoed by John Gibson (The Chronicle) who rightly pointed at the quality of player who wants to leave (Given, Owen) and the quality being brought in (Lovenkrads). Neil Farrington of the Sunday Sun was particularly toxic in his assessment of the incompetence and lack of commitment running amok on Barrack Road. All of them are right and the acid criticism of the bastards running our club has now moved from the dark corners of fanzine-world and into the mainstream. What kept you?

It was sobering to hear our ex-No.9 Alan Shearer on Match of the Day talk about his worry for his club and our’s. Is this the “moving together in 2009” bull-shit put out by Ashley?

We should never get used to being treated like shit by Ashley. We should never stop wanting the best for our football club because we should never surrender our love for Newcastle United. But we have reached the stage where even those of us with a burning rage at how our club is being shafted are becoming weary and defeated at banging a drum not enough people are responding to. This is the worst of times but I fear we haven’t touched the bottom yet.

Keep On, Keepin’ On …

Guest Darth Toon

That's a very good article by True Faith.

Anger being replaced by apathy is one of the biggest dangers facing this club - it's been on the way for a while, and for me the brief resurgence of hope under KK has only served to make it feel even worse now....

Guest aoliversaknob

Bad / non existent executive managment :angry:, selling your better players and replacing them with lesser ones :angry:, shite football :angry:, tatically inept player management :angry:, no transfer policy :angry:, senior management and players not looking like they give a shit :rant:, angry fans, :angry: distraught fans :angry:, fans being taken for absolute mugs :angry:, public statements to press by joke in here that show the absolute lack of any short medium or long term plans what so ever :angry:, piss boiling every time you turn on the internet or read an nufc related story :rant:, lack of full stops and sentence structure in N.O forum posts :yikes:, losing goals to long punts from the opposition goal keeper  :angry:, nobody getting anywhere near the oppostion byline by feed our best stiker in the box :angry:, no power and / or creativity in central midfield :rant:, Denis Fucking Wise, I mean come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fans apathy and shite football with no entertainment value kills football clubs and gets you relegated......but after this weekend I am struggling to see anything at all positive regarding NUFC.  :weep:  and have truly become apethetic!

Relegation would be a good thing for HTT, as it would put him one step closer to buying the club.

If Newcastle get relegated, I can't see them coming back up for years. It takes a stable club to gain promotion at any level of the game.