Do we need to start supporting?

Stu

It's getting very desperate now, we need to save this club.

That starts with getting behind the team for 90minutes at SJP.

That starts with supporters starting to look to themselves for a positive influence.

That starts with those fans who want the club to remain a premiership club stop looking for scapegoats and start supporting the team.

That starts with the fans realising that the target for this season is to stay in the Premiership.

That starts with the fans accepting that players and managers come and go from the club, supporters are always there.

That starts with supporters putting their personal history of the club to one side and realising that past achievements or efforts count for nothing when the next match starts.

That starts with supporters accepting that if they want a committed, hard-working football team to watch, then they need to display some of those qualities themselves.

That starts with supporters who don't want their side's head to drop, when a decision goes against them, to not start with knee-jerk negative comments and reactions.

"Be the change you want to see in the worldteam" - some Indian bloke.

Guest LucaAltieri

:clap:

More protests will do fuck all.

There has been enough negativity around the club this season and it hasn't improved our situation a jot.

Stop whining and start supporting.

Although I like your sentiment I think that beyond going to the games and cheering the team on - something that we have ALWAYS done by the way, no matter what - the whole thing is out of our hands. The club is in the control of people we don't want to be in control and have no way to change this.

We've just got to pray and hope and do what we've always done.

Guest LucaAltieri

Have the fans not been supporting the team?

In psychology one negative or destructive comment carries a weight of 10 positive comments.

When we're booing our players over petty things like fucking up corners, what do you think that's doing to them?

Yeah laying off Ashley really has worked I must applaud that.

When we did kick up a fuss it made him put the club up for sale so you think protests won't acheive anything? 

What has he done since the dust settled?  Employed a fucking donut as manager with a promise of a full contract and targeting players that other clubs don't want! I really see that as an advocate of keeping our traps shut.

In psychology one negative or destructive comment carries a weight of 10 positive comments.

When we're booing our players over petty things like fucking up corners, what do you think that's doing to them?

When they under perform all season and put our club in a position where we are facing relegation, what do you think that is doing to us? You cant blame the fans for getting on players' backs when the players are part of the problem. If they put abit of effort in and earned their wages then they wouldnt get any stick.

When we're booing our players over petty things like f***ing up corners, what do you think that's doing to them?

When they show no fucking spine or respect for the badge week in week out bar a few, what do you think that's doing for us?

I'm fucking sick of this talk as if footballers are these precious little flowers. They carry on with no worry of the problems that this country is under. Thousands of people are losing their jobs and these 'stars' are on an absolute wedge that is generated by US! These players may only have these wages due to the way the game has gone and are just a part of the way things are now, but that  doesn't mean they shouldn't at least try to fucking EARN it.

Guest LucaAltieri

When they under perform all season and put our club in a position where we are facing relegation, what do you think that is doing to us? You cant blame the fans for getting on players' backs when the players are part of the problem. If they put abit of effort in and earned their wages then they wouldnt get any stick.

Aye, but giving them stick doesn't make them any better. So what's the point?

Guest LucaAltieri

When we're booing our players over petty things like f***ing up corners, what do you think that's doing to them?

When they show no fucking spine or respect for the badge week in week out bar a few, what do you think that's doing for us?

I'm fucking sick of this talk as if footballers are these precious little flowers. They carry on with no worry of the problems that this country is under. Thousands of people are losing their jobs and these 'stars' are on an absolute wedge that is generated by US! These players may only have these wages due to the way the game has gone and are just a part of the way things are now, but that  doesn't mean they shouldn't at least try to fucking EARN it.

I wouldn't criticise the effort of any of our players this season. Regardless of their ability I can't name one that isn't trying to win.

To think that we rallied behind Allardyce against Arsenal when the media kept getting on our backs, but when faced with relegation 'we' (not all Newcastle fans) would rather boo our own players. We could make the derby game our 'Arsenal of last season' for a roaring atmosphere.

Was in East stand on Wednesday - probably more moaners who are constantly on players backs than people encouraging players.

We USED to have great fans (and I mean when things were REALLY sh*t) but not any longer.

Aplogies to those who do get behind the team but we need to support the team unreservedly between now and the end of the season and keep any acrimony away from SJP.

Spot on

They get away with far too much, i'd rather have an acadamy lad trying his heart out to some big money signing that's not pulling his weight

When they show no f***ing spine or respect for the badge week in week out bar a few, what do you think that's doing for us?

I'm f***ing sick of this talk as if footballers are these precious little flowers. They carry on with no worry of the problems that this country is under. Thousands of people are losing their jobs and these 'stars' are on an absolute wedge that is generated by US! These players may only have these wages due to the way the game has gone and are just a part of the way things are now, but that  doesn't mean they shouldn't at least try to f***ing EARN it.

I wouldn't criticise the effort of any of our players this season. Regardless of their ability I can't name one that isn't trying to win.

Dead right.

Whatever may be wrong it is certainly NOT lack of effort or desire.

Aye, but giving them stick doesn't make them any better. So what's the point?

So maybe they get their finger out? What do you suggest? When the players play shit the fans continue to cheer them on or even just do nothing? The only out come of that is the players will think they can get away with under performing.

When they show no f***ing spine or respect for the badge week in week out bar a few, what do you think that's doing for us?

I'm f***ing sick of this talk as if footballers are these precious little flowers. They carry on with no worry of the problems that this country is under. Thousands of people are losing their jobs and these 'stars' are on an absolute wedge that is generated by US! These players may only have these wages due to the way the game has gone and are just a part of the way things are now, but that  doesn't mean they shouldn't at least try to f***ing EARN it.

Spot on

They get away with far too much, i'd rather have an acadamy lad trying his heart out to some big money signing that's not pulling his weight

The thing is though other fans would turn on that academy lad a lot quicker. On Wednesday night some guys were saying Lua Lua was shit after he lost the ball twice and had a wayward shot. Its not fair on the young players to put them in this situation.

Guest LucaAltieri

Spot on

Who isn't pulling their weight?

Guest toonlass

Its the delusion of our fans though. We think we are a top 4 side, despite us being no-where near for years. Its not our fault, we were sold a dream by John Hall and we all jumped on. However even though we have finished mid-table for the last how many years, we still think that its bad luck. Its not its the wrong players being brought in, its too much expectation on young lads from the academy who just are not good enough (taylor, ramage, edgar). I include myself in this deluded fan thing though. I keep forgetting that we have had no quality for years and keep thinking we should be where villa are now. But in reality we ARE no better than Stoke, Boro, Blackburn or West Brom.

Its the delusion of our fans though. We think we are a top 4 side, despite us being no-where near for years. Its not our fault, we were sold a dream by John Hall and we all jumped on. However even though we have finished mid-table for the last how many years, we still think that its bad luck. Its not its the wrong players being brought in, its too much expectation on young lads from the academy who just are not good enough (taylor, ramage, edgar). I include myself in this deluded fan thing though. I keep forgetting that we have had no quality for years and keep thinking we should be where villa are now. But in reality we ARE no better than Stoke, Boro, Blackburn or West Brom.

Nobody at all thinks we're a top four side.

I personally hope the fans do protest I really don't care if that results in us getting relegated. In my opinion the pride of the Newcastle fans/city is more important than what division the team is in! At the moment we're getting the p*ss taken out of us by the players, manager and board and I'd rather make a stand against that than anything else! To show people that we're no mugs and have pride in ourselves! I would quite happily take relegation if it meant these jokers being kicked out of town!