You're the youth scout

Kaizero

So, with our youth scouting seemingly paying off with signing that kid from Domzale and that Brazilian, I thought it'd be fancy fun to have a thread to talk about youth talent across the globe you'd want us to sign. Either based on you actually having seen them play, or what you've heard about them. This meaning no "I saw him on FM, lolz." things. Also of course youth players not already playing for clubs like AC Milan or Arsenal, this is about talented players playing at clubs we have a chance of poaching them from.

So then, which kid aged 15-19 would you want us to sign, and why?

With all the money that Man City are spending and with there youth team recently winning the Youth Cup I would go to them and raid them for their talented young players. I'll be honest I am only aware of the well known ones such as Johnson, Sturridge etc but am sure if we watched their reserves we could pick up a few players with big potential. Only problem is; do we have the coaching staff at first team level to develop that talent?

Mamadou Sakho - I saw him play in the U17 Championships and he stood out a mile. The through googling him a year later I read that he was PSG captain at just 17/18. He is probably too good for us in our current state, but he has massive potential. A powerful header, danger from set pieces and ability to read the game as well as playing both left back and centre back.

Thibault Bourgeois - In the same game as Sakho he was one of the best players on the park. He is currently at FC Metz (until 2010) who were relegated to Ligue 2 last season and scored on his debut. A midfielder who can deliver well from set pieces as well as possessing some pace and passing ability.

Gökhan Töre - A Turkish/German player who appeared for Turkey (captained U17s) in the recent U17 Championships and was pivotal to a successful tournament. He is a left footed midfielder who is at Leverkusen. He has an excellent delivery of the ball and dribbling ability.

Abdülkadir Kayalı - Another player who stood out, with his range of passing and tackling ability, in his defensive midfielder role during the tournament, but has attracted interest from Chelsea recently. Edit: After as quick search it turns out he has recently signed for Fenerbahce from Ankaragucu.

Danijel Aleksić - Someone I have heard and read about for being prolific with the Serbian youth teams (has appeared for the full national side now). He is attracting interest from Partizan and Red Star. He plays for Vojvodina.

http://spn.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/2008/07/30/2008073001643_0.jpg

Lee Chung-Yong and Ki Sung-Yong. Two lads who are lighting up South Korea lately.

Lee plays wide, more of a wing-forward than a side midfielder. Loves to go on long runs, beat his man, cut in to the box, and cause havok. He's not Lennon-pacy but has great acceleration, control, and supreme confidence. Played for South Korea at the 2007 U20 World Cup and is now a first-team regular in the senior squad. Very Jonas-esque when he's at his best. Apparently there are a bunch of English clubs already looking at him, just waiting for him to pick up a few more caps so he can get a work permit.

Ki is a former center-half/defensive midfielder who's been converted to a box-to-box role. His original claim to fame was having a ridiculously accurate long pass: I've honestly never seen any player in a South Korea shirt pass as well as he does. This year he's gone from being a bit one-dimensional DM who just boots the ball forward to a much more mobile player with a great engine and good ball-skills. He's also a big lad with decent defensive instincts. Also played for South Korea at the 2007 U20 World Cup and is now a first-teem regular in the senior squad. I think he's as good as Danny Guthrie now. God knows where he'll be in a few years.

They're both 19. I'm a bit biased, but would be great signings for the future imo.

Your brothers Old Type?

Yes, all South Koreans, all 50 million of them, are related. :rolleyes:

So how's your bro Mike Ashley doing?

shit, and ive told him to go on a diet.

edit,.. thats one hell of a family do at christmas,....uh, oh,... if you have it ?

Guest Heneage

If I was to sign 4-5 Youth players who would develop, I'd go for.

Anthony Vanden Borre, yes a Fm Legend of days gone by, but stalling at Genoa, needs a change of scenery, much like Bassong he is a true physical specimen, good control, and is a bit like Micah Richards in sense that he's stalled but has immense potential and would be quite good replacement for Beye when he retires. Cost €4-8m.

Or

Opare- Full back at Real Madrid Castilla, Ghanian, and a sheer physical beast as with most of Ghana's team he's pace, he's power, and a damn good full back with the potential to be really good. Could be bought with a sell on clause or some sort of buy back deal.

Steven Defour, another Belgian here and sadly another FM Legend, he's small nippy and can pick a good pass, showed he can handle the big ties against the Bindippers Elite, will be a lot more expensive than VB but money well spent, when you have Kaka going for 100m paying a lot for some quality is both needed for us and a wise investment.

Ibrahaim Afellay. I watched this lad when he was a youngster coming on for odd minutes, and I had a feeling due to his size he would be a success. He looked tremendously comfortable on the ball at SJP this summer and looked a very mature member of the team despite his young age. Will be cheaper than Defour but thats due to his lack of hype on the European circuit, but still a very good player.

Guillaume Hoarau PSG- one of the new young breed at Paris, tall gangly striker, with great touch and good shot on him, think Shola with better touch and a brain, secured his move after doing well in the Second tier of French Football with Charlie's old club Le Harve. Could be close to €8-10m but worth it.

I'll follow Oldtype's example and go for someone from my own country.

http://gfx.api.no/image-versions/www.ranablad.no/n/01764/1204898786000_No_name_1764154n.jpg

Jacob Falch Meidell, a defender/midfielder we've apparently been after earlier (who now sadly have signed for a Norwegian Premier Division side rather than us). Was made captain at 17 of his hometown club, which played in the Norwegian second division. Would've been an excellent prospect, though now, if he becomes a success in his new club, will probably be sold in the future for £3-4 Million rather than being brought in for less than like... £10 000.

Another interesting player I've seen is the Finnish striker Patrik Lomski, who plays in the top Finnish division already at just the age of 19. Will be great in the future I reckon.

http://www.palloliitto.fi/mp/db/tiedotteet/foo/IMG/90561/kuva0_suuri/489166

Guest ryunufc

Opare- Full back at Real Madrid Castilla, Ghanian, and a sheer physical beast as with most of Ghana's team he's pace, he's power, and a damn good full back with the potential to be really good. Could be bought with a sell on clause or some sort of buy back deal.

is he the one discovered by Vetere?

Guest diddimz

Tahj Minniecon, plays for the Qld Roar currently, though just got a transfer to the new Gold Coast A League club. When I played alongside him at youth level, he was absolute lightning, I had pace, and had run at high levels here before, but he was something else entirely, hes reactions and acceleration ment he had 10 yards before i had even got 1. Clinical finisher as well.  Still only 18 at the minute i think as well. Definately one to keep an eye out for.

Guest LucaAltieri

Alexei Eremenko Jr.

Although he's probably passed us by, now. 25 at the moment and we should have been in for him a couple of years ago when he was on trial with Villa. We could have brought him on to Premiership standard if we'd picked him up at that point. Now he's playing in the Russian league. Midfield play maker. Can hit a freekick, too.

Darío Conca

He was class on FM so I looked him up in the real world. He's a player with real flair who can create something from nothing. He's a little on the small side and would need bulking up. He's also not that "tidy" in his play but he is still improving and now he's playing in a higher standard of league you can only see that getting better. He's not one you'd buy for consistent performances but he can provide that little bit of magic when you need it.

Kerlon Moura Souza

Similar to Conca. He's more for that touch of magic than someone who will put in a reasonable shift every week. 5 years younger than Conca and just moved to Europe playing for Chievo. So we can monitor him in a decent standard of league and still have an opportunity to tempt him away from his club if he turns out to do the business.

Özer Hurmacı - German/Turkish right winger that is very sharp and has excellent dribbling the current focus in the turkish league is which one of the top 3 teams in turkey he would move too at the end of season with couple of italian and portugese clubs interested. he is a flair player that has a good build can cross and pass and his current team is having problems with teams trying to buy him. would cost around 2 million euros. He is a similar player to Andrés Guardado of  Deportivo.

Guest Heneage

is he the one discovered by Vetere?

Dunno, I caught him few times watching Madrid Tv. He could be the new Beye very similar.

Sissoko of Toulouse would be a good shout.

Alexei Eremenko Jr.

Although he's probably passed us by, now. 25 at the moment and we should have been in for him a couple of years ago when he was on trial with Villa. We could have brought him on to Premiership standard if we'd picked him up at that point. Now he's playing in the Russian league. Midfield play maker. Can hit a freekick, too.

Oh god no. Utter prick. Lazy. Drunk. Slow on the ball....

His brother Roman who's on loan at Dynamo Kiev from Udinese is another thing mind. Very promising 21 year old midfielder.

Guest LucaAltieri

Alexei Eremenko Jr.

Oh god no. Utter prick. Lazy. Drunk. Slow on the ball....

His brother Roman who's on loan at Dynamo Kiev from Udinese is another thing mind. Very promising 21 year old midfielder.

He's only 21? He seems to have been around for ages. Thought he was older.

Philip Watters, 19 year old utility player.

Currently unattached but using his spare time working for network rail which has made him look very much like a 25 year old.  A very physical player would fit nicely into our midfield at the moment, has a physique similar to Micky Quinn and a work rate similar to Laurent Robert.  Not the most gifted but has a neat first touch and a eye for hole.