Tennis

First set going pretty much as I expected thus far. Sakkari capable of a lot more but Raducanu rushing her into mistakes. 

If she can keep this level up to win then a match against Fernandez could be very similar. Fernandez not likely to take on as many balls though and will commit less errors. 

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Disappointing attendance for semi finals.  Shows the draw of men's vs women's 

You aren't allowed to ever make this point though. I remember doing this a few years ago on Twitter and got blocked by Eurosport presenter Catherine Whitaker for stating a fact. The next morning I had a DM from her podcasting partner David Laws apologising and acknowledging that the evidence was in favour of my point but it was a 'sensitive topic'.

8 minutes ago, O Neill said:

You aren't allowed to ever make this point though. I remember doing this a few years ago on Twitter and got blocked by Eurosport presenter Catherine Whitaker for stating a fact. The next morning I had a DM from her podcasting partner David Laws apologising and acknowledging that the evidence was in favour of my point but it was a 'sensitive topic'.

It's only senistive for those in the womens game, they are living in a different world if they think their product anywhere competes with the mens game.

Incredible from her, what an opportunity on Sunday. Going to be difficult to beat Fernandez though.

I can already cash out for 3x on the SPOTY bet I made on Raducanu at the start of the week.

Edited by Sima

Fascinating tactical battle this. Djokovic has been at the net over a dozen times already. Whether that is because he doesn't believe he can win by trading blows with Zverev from the baseline or not is a good question. He hasn't been winning points behind his second serve so it would make sense. Otherwise he may just be trying to mix things up to keep Zverev quessing.

13 minutes ago, Bizza said:

First set Zverev, howaaaay!

Much like his last three matches at the US Open, he's lost the first set and suddenly tightened up his game. In three games of set 2 Zverev has already made more unforced errors than the entire first set because the pressure is being heaped onto him.