change to 4-3-3 to accomodate Luque?

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Invicta_Toon

Luque is neither a striker nor a winger

4-3-3 is the only way to get anything out of him

is it worth changing the whole team?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Just because Luque played well with a Depo team which employs a 4-3-3 doesn't mean that there is only one formation that suits him -_-

alright then smart arse, change it to 'any formation that suits luque, because it sure as hell aint 4-4-2'

I think we could play with an adapted 4-3-3, Luque playing out on his left forward position, Rossi as the striker and Milner doing what he does normally on the right but being encouraged to support Rossi also. Still room for Parker and Emre in the middle and Zog or Duff overlapping Luque on the left. Worth a try considering how many goals we are not scoring.

I have been fighting out Luque's corner and arguing that he be given a fair crack of the whip, but even I would not agree for us to change to an untested formation just to accommodate 1 player. Having said that, Luque has a better chance of doing well playing off the main striker in a 4-4-2 and should never be played in a 4-5-1 which requires the sole striker to be a battering ram which is the exact opposite of Luque's attributes

MARTINS

/\      LUQUE

|                                      /\

|                                      |

|                                      |

DUFF/ZOG                  DYER/MILNER

EMRE    PARKER

BUTT

RAMAGE  MOORE  TAYLOR

Ball on the deck. Let the good times roll.

Formations should be used to play to players strengths, round pegs in round holes. Luques best position is the left side of a three prong attack. Playing him up front as a battering ram is about as clever as playing Emre at centre half

I think Sheff U will pack the midfield and try to do to us what we did to Palermo.So to play 3 in the middle would be suicide as we'd get mashed in the middle-thus leaving our back 4 with scant prtoection-not a good idea at the best of times.

Why haven't we got the players to suit that formation.

Butt will hold, Emre and Parker in the middle. Duff left attacker, Luque on the right, Martin Up top, or swap Luque and Duff.

Dyer could also play one of the wide roles as well as Zoggy and Milner.

Why haven't we got the players to suit that formation.

Butt will hold, Emre and Parker in the middle. Duff left attacker, Luque on the right, Martin Up top, or swap Luque and Duff.

Dyer could also play one of the wide roles as well as Zoggy and Milner.

Luque on the right??

Why not we play Duff on the right at times. He can cut in on his left. Also its not as if we will want him getting to the by-line to put crosses in for Martins. I also said we could swap Duff and Luque around if need be.

first of all - martins is NOT a lone striker, and neither is owen.

second of all - it'll turn out to be 4-5-1 as Y-D points out - and that is shite!

If they had enough support they could player there. I admit that they are not perfect for that role.

Anyway, all I am saying is that we have the players to play this formation, I am not a big fan of it and I do not think we should build our team around a player like Luque.

I think that this is the formation that will possibly get the best out of Luque though. Duff seems more effective in this formation as well.

No way should we go to a formation to suit a player like him. The rest of the team are very largely unsuited to that formation - i'd rather build a team around those who have shown they give a toss.

Good thinking...... lets stick Duff up front again, I enjoyed that last week.

We're playing Sheff Utd, one of the few teams doing worse than us, so lets go out for it. I cant be arsed to see us play another 0-0

3-4-3

Harper or Krul

Taylor            Bramble          Ramage

Duff                Parker      Emre        Milner

Rossi          Le Sib          Luque

Guest Invicta_Toon

Luque is neither a striker nor a winger

4-3-3 is the only way to get anything out of him

is it worth changing the whole team?

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

I think we need an HTL smilie thread aswell

he can just keep quoting his own smilies ad infinitum