The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Did he think everyone would just sit there applaud him and lick his arse for leaving the club in the shit, watching it get relegated and the sale of the club not move forward leaving us in limbo with one of the factors was him having a court case over its head and demanding £25m which would see the club bankrupt?

Fuking tool.

Hope you are reading this Kev - Welcome to the real world, it's not all roses, you've let us down, you've stabbed us in the back and you will never be forgiven by some. You really are lucky there are a lot of fans living in the past and living in your arse and like yourself put you above this once great club.

Guest Wally_McFool

Did he think everyone would just sit there applaud him and lick his arse for leaving the club in the shit, watching it get relegated and the sale of the club not move forward leaving us in limbo with one of the factors was him having a court case over its head and demanding £25m which would see the club bankrupt?

Fuking tool.

Hope you are reading this Kev - Welcome to the real world, it's not all roses, you've let us down, you've stabbed us in the back and you will never be forgiven by some. You really are lucky there are a lot of fans living in the past and living in your arse and like yourself put you above this once great club.

Thanks for that Derek!

Fuking tool.

:lol: Priceless drivel.

Did he think everyone would just sit there applaud him and lick his arse for leaving the club in the s***, watching it get relegated and the sale of the club not move forward leaving us in limbo with one of the factors was him having a court case over its head and demanding £25m which would see the club bankrupt?

Fuking tool.

Keegan played his part in our current situation when he walked, I'm not too sure that he thought that we would get relegated.  The club had plenty of opportunities to turn things around but didn't, all they did was compound the original mistake of putting Keegan in a position which he felt he had to walk away from.

We had almost a full season to replace Keegan with a proper manager but we didn’t, that’s not down to Keegan.  I’m convinced that Ashley could have got Keegan back when he met him in London but he wouldn’t go against his mates, he put them before the good of the club and that’s why we’re where we are today.

What Keegan has done for us in the past shouldn’t be forgotten, both as a player and manager.  That shouldn’t mean that he’s blameless when he makes mistakes but his mistakes are minimal when compared to those made by others at the club.

I can’t understand when opinions on Keegan have to be so polar, he’s either a hero or the anti-Christ when in reality he’s neither.  He’s a bloke who has feelings for the club and he’s always tried to do his best for us although it hasn’t always turned out that way.

he’s always tried to do his best for us

I can't really believe that is true for the latest set of events. Even if he truly still believes this then, as said many times, his morals/values are pretty misplaced which is not acceptable either.

hes always tried to do his best for us

I can't really believe that is true for the latest set of events. Even if he truly still believes this then, as said many times, his morals/values are pretty misplaced which is not acceptable either.

Keegan walked because he thought that he having final say on transfers was better than Wise bringing players in behind his back.  Keenan’s record of bringing players to this club tends to back that up as his record is second to none.

I'm not even sure he thought that he would lose out on having final say, it had worked for him here in the past when he's threatened to walk so he probably thought that he would walk out for the good of the club and come back and move forwards as manager.  I think he was bluffing in the knowledge that he would probably win the battle although we all know it didn't work out that way.

I don't think for one moment that he walked out with any malice towards us or the club, he had every right to be pissed off with those running the club and I would think he’d love to see them lot in the gutter.

Guest afternoonfix

would Keegan do better in this division than Hughton or Shearer with the present squad

he would have walked by now i reckon

he would have walked by now i reckon

Why would he have walked?  He walked because he thought that his job was untenable.  I don't see why he would have walked this season if the same reasons for him walking last season weren't present this year.

I think we'd be flying and building for next season instead of plodding along with what we have got now.

Did he think everyone would just sit there applaud him and lick his arse for leaving the club in the s***, watching it get relegated and the sale of the club not move forward leaving us in limbo with one of the factors was him having a court case over its head and demanding £25m which would see the club bankrupt?

Fuking tool.

Keegan played his part in our current situation when he walked, I'm not too sure that he thought that we would get relegated.  The club had plenty of opportunities to turn things around but didn't, all they did was compound the original mistake of putting Keegan in a position which he felt he had to walk away from.

We had almost a full season to replace Keegan with a proper manager but we didn’t, that’s not down to Keegan.  I’m convinced that Ashley could have got Keegan back when he met him in London but he wouldn’t go against his mates, he put them before the good of the club and that’s why we’re where we are today.

What Keegan has done for us in the past shouldn’t be forgotten, both as a player and manager.  That shouldn’t mean that he’s blameless when he makes mistakes but his mistakes are minimal when compared to those made by others at the club.

I can’t understand when opinions on Keegan have to be so polar, he’s either a hero or the anti-Christ when in reality he’s neither.  He’s a bloke who has feelings for the club and he’s always tried to do his best for us although it hasn’t always turned out that way.

All spot on :thup: Especially this. I've never been completely against Keegan believe it or not, what has always riled me is that some people just refuse to admit when he's made mistakes. They've always had an excuse for everything he's done 'wrong'.

he’s always tried to do his best for us

Ah, it's moral now. It was about principles and I can't see anything wrong in a manager having the principles to be allowed to the job in a way it is suited to him which was fundamental to him accepting the job.

He's also holding the moral high ground in regards to refusing to sign players to do favours to dodgy agents though.

Ah, it's moral now. It was about principles and I can't see anything wrong in a manager having the principles to be allowed to the job in a way it is suited to him which was fundamental to him accepting the job.

He's also holding the moral high ground in regards to refusing to sign players to do favours to dodgy agents though.

I think words morals/values/principles are easily interchangeable in this circumstance. And in essence I agree with what you are saying (they are now even proven facts), problem is how did taking what he saw as the high road help us the fans? Who he was supposedly looking out for, he claims?

As I said I find his principles very strange, misplaced maybe even selective. Just totally oblivious to the bigger picture.

Guest Wally_McFool

I think words morals/values/principles are easily interchangeable in this circumstance. And in essence I agree with what you are saying (they are now even proven facts), problem is how did taking what he saw as the high road help us the fans? Who he was supposedly looking out for, he claims?

As I said I find his principles very strange, misplaced maybe even selective. Just totally oblivious to the bigger picture.

Oblivious to the bigger picture!!!

Did you find his principles strange when he warned everybody about the squad not having enough quality or depth after the Chelsea match andd got bollocked and gagged by Fatman and his cronies for doing so.

Kev if your out there looking in.

I STILL LOVE YOU.

I REMEMBER WHAT YOU GAVE US.

YOU CAN COME ROUND MY PLACE ANYTIME YOU WANT

And tongue in cheek it may be, but this post sums up beautifully why I would never give the thumbs up to fan representation on the board.

Keegan's big mistake was coming back in the first place imo, i reckon he got caught up in it, hence there ' there's no brochure this time' comment. as the tribunal showed, it simply wasn't clear what the structure was and that is something that shouldve been discussed before anyone was hired. obviously that is 90% the fault of the employer, but perhaps if the employee had been a bit more cautious they'd have stood back and asked a few questions. i wonder if that is what redknapp did, found out he was dealing with amatuers out of their depth and decided against it. as others have said, a pretty minimal part of our demise. he's not entirely blameless but nor should he be slammed in the same way Ashley should be. anyone thinking Keegan is the main party at blame is clearly delusional.