Tony Pulis has apparently never met Steven Gerrard

oldtype

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=611099&sec=england&cc=5901

Stoke manager Tony Pulis has accused Chelsea's foreign players of going to ground too easily after his side's last ditch defeat at Stamford Bridge - and singled out Michael Ballack for particular criticism.

"The problem with foreign players is they go down and stay down," he told The Sentinel.

"Our players jump up after a foul. James Beattie went down three minutes after Michael Ballack went down and jumped straight up.

"He doesn't roll around trying to get someone a booking. They try to put pressure on a referee but we have to accept that.

"I was born in Wales, I played my football in England and we are different to them I suppose. I am not having a go at him (Ballack), it is just their culture."

Just seemed like really, really silly quotes to me. It's not as if English players dive any less than foreign players do...

And if there was any foreign country which had a "culture of diving (snigger)" it certainly wouldn't be Germany :lol:

Seems to be a lot of amnesia when it comes to English players diving.

Amongst fans with common sense, most appreciate there are a fair few who dive.

Only recently have the mass media started realising this though, and in particular picking up on the biggest culprit of them all, Steven Gerrard.

And if there was any foreign country which had a "culture of diving (snigger)" it certainly wouldn't be Germany :lol:

"Oldtype has apparently never met Jurgen Klinsmann" :lol:

But you're right, Gerrard is indeed one of the worst divers in the English game...

[Puts tin hit on] ... with the Newcastle #10 not that far behind

Guest Sniffer

Foreign players have always gone down easily with all of the theatrics along with it. The best roll over clutching their face or leg at least half a dozen times just in case the ref didn't get the message anf have been doing it long before they started flooding over here.. This has been imported into our game now by these players and the domestic ones have followed suit. If you watch a game from twenty odd years ago you just don't see this shit.

Good foreign players have brought a lot to the game, shite ones have added nothing but they all brought their flaws which is theatrics.

Guest toonlass

Duff is a ridiculous cheat (polished at Chelsea no doubt) and Jonas doesn't mind falling to the deck in a heap every now and then.

yup, shame we don't have any great set piece takers to take advantage now like when he had robert/shearer/solano

Ah man, you're forgetting Geremi  O0

Of course he ignores the biggest diver in the Chelsea team, Joe Cole, because he's English and that means he can do no wrong.

Plus he wasn't playing, so it would have been a bit of a pointless "singling out"

Last time I checked Gerrard didn't play for Chelsea on Saturday either.  Point is that it will always be the foreigners fault and the English players will always get away with it.

Of course he ignores the biggest diver in the Chelsea team, Joe Cole, because he's English and that means he can do no wrong.

Plus he wasn't playing, so it would have been a bit of a pointless "singling out"

Last time I checked Gerrard didn't play for Chelsea on Saturday either.  Point is that it will always be the foreigners fault and the English players will always get away with it.

They brought it and the culture over here, doesn't excuse the copiers though.

They brought it and the culture over here, doesn't excuse the copiers though.

:nope:

Franny Lee was clipping his own heels to win penalties 35 years ago man. :lol: