Huddersfield setup..

Mr Logic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/01/huddersfield_hoping_to_paint_l.html#053435

Just reading the above blog about Steve Black and the setup down at Huddersfield, with Lee Clarke and Derek Fazackerley, and found myself quite envious.

What a state we are in by comparison. A league one outfit appearing to be more professionally run than a premier league one.   :undecided:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/leeclark438.jpg

Going through a Sports Science degree myself and having things like Black talks about impressed upon me it's hard not to admire him for how far he's come off his own back. I can only applaud him for his obvious enthusiasm and constant desire to find new "edges" for players and everybody else around him. I only wish I had half of his motivation!

Obviously it's not an exact science but a lot of the stuff he's implementing has a lot of solid research and practice to support it (the high-intensity training set to a strict timescale and the motivational talks with the players, breaking down the superficial walls).

The whole thing shows more than anything else how important it is to have a solid management TEAM built around a solid manager. One man can't do it alone and it's here where Kinnear struggles as much as anywhere else, the backroom staff has been chopped and change loads recently and is a bit of a mish-mash as it stands. It's hard to blame JK for that.

Hope Clarky, Terry Mac and the rest of them down there do the business. He'll surely end up with the top job here someday so I wish him all the best and hope he turns out as good as Black thinks he could do.

I think I might actually go an support Huddersfield town, at least I can be optimistic about something then. Lee Clark seems to be doing absolutely everything right when it comes to learning his trade. And to hire the guy that helped Keegan instill the confidence in our late 90s team is a stroke of genius.

I think I might actually go an support Huddersfield town, at least I can be optimistic about something then. Lee Clark seems to be doing absolutely everything right when it comes to learning his trade. And to hire the guy that helped Keegan instill the confidence in our late 90s team is a stroke of genius.

i've a mate at work who's son decided to support huddersfield from a young age (about 7) and they now travel there for most home games and aways in the north.

i've adopted the terriers as a team who i don't support but i always keep an eye out for their results.

i've a mate at work who's son decided to support huddersfield from a young age (about 7) and they now travel there for most home games and aways in the north.

i've adopted the terriers as a team who i don't support but i always keep an eye out for their results.

Good luck to Clarkie really. Took over a winning team though so it'll be interesting to see how he copes when he suffers a couple of losses on the bounce.