Peter Beardsley

Guest michaelfoster

Guest The Libertine

if only he was 20 years younger. probably the most underrated player ever to play in the premiership. he never gets the credit he deserves from other fans for his role in "the entertainers".

Possibly the best Newcastle player I've ever seen (maybe Gazza, maybe Pedro), his vision & awareness of what was going on around him was incredible. 

It always pisses me off when people go on about how great the current england midfielders & strikers are since none of them could hold a candle to Beardsley's talents.

Possibly the best Newcastle player I've ever seen (maybe Gazza, maybe Pedro), his vision & awareness of what was going on around him was incredible. 

It always pisses me off when people go on about how great the current england midfielders & strikers are since none of them could hold a candle to Beardsley's talents.

very true, no one even comes close to peter the great in the current england set up, peter would have been more at home in the brazil squad.

still bet he's got better movement/legs than geremi like

if only he was 20 years younger. probably the most underrated player ever to play in the premiership. he never gets the credit he deserves from other fans for his role in "the entertainers".

at last libertine speaks some sense,. people rave on about rooney, this rooney that, i see him do things occaisionally, that i used to see pedro do every match,..was ace playing alonside Kevin keegan in his first spell.

beardsleys goal, vs brighton, in keegans last match,....sublime.

And I don't mean this man. 

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3/9636-guile_small.jpg

Wouldn't mind him instead of some of our lot, really.

Get Dhalsim into replace Given in nets n all

Joe Kinnear has said today that he wishes to bring some new faces to St James Park.

Peter Beardsley has asked if he can have one of them.

Seriously though, best player I've ever seen play for us, and my dad only rates Tony Green as being better.