Guthrie out for weeks with torn hamstring

Guest Wally_McFool

Guest Wally_McFool

Here yer are.. its on here about Danny Guthrie.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/21/problems-mount-on-a-stormy-day-for-magpies-61634-22740898/

But perhaps more worrying was the sight of Danny Guthrie limping away from the training ground on crutches. The extent of the damage to Guthrie’s hamstring is not known, but it already looks probable he will miss the Magpies’ next match, against a Manchester City side likely to hand former Newcastle striker Craig Bellamy and quite possibly a few others their debut.

ffs I thought the poster was winding us up about this injury until I read this :angry: :rant:

Butt is injured and now Guthrie......I guess it`s Geremi to play in central midfield now by himself. Cacapa in the anchor role?

Time for JFK to arrange another friendly and re-call those Argie/Italian midfielders for a trial  :rolleyes:

Guest icemanblue

ffs I thought the poster was winding us up about this injury until I read this :angry: :rant:

Butt is injured and now Guthrie......I guess it`s Geremi to play in central midfield now by himself. Cacapa in the anchor role?

Time for JFK to arrange another friendly and re-call those Argie/Italian midfielders for a trial  :rolleyes:

Butt is suspended and Barton is fit.

These kind of things are inevitable when you go into a season with such a thin squad.

We might not have cover for certain positions, and the quality might be debatable, but we don't really have a small squad.  Sure it looks thin ATM, but with the injuries we have I doubt many other squads could cope.

Smith and barton in centre mid might not be much worse than butt and guthrie, could even be better!

i reckon it will be better actually - a bit too agressive though - 2 certain yellows waiting!

Smith and barton in centre mid might not be much worse than butt and guthrie, could even be better!

i reckon it will be better actually - a bit too agressive though - 2 certain yellows waiting!

thought i read in the journal today that smith had had a set back in his comeback