February 4th - New Open NUSC Meeting - Download link (most of it) in OP

Tom_NUFC

Just to let you all know that NUSC are arranging another meeting, open to everyone on Wednesday February 4, 7.30pm at the Irish Centre on Gallowgate.

You all know the situation at the club is getting progressively worse/desperate/depressing, and we want to get supporters together to discuss what we -as fans generally, rather than just NUSC should do about it.

We're aware that we have our critics, and we'd like people to come along and tell us (NUSC) what you think - where we're going right, where we're going wrong. It's a desperate time for the club, and a time in which we as fans should be pulling together, because ultimately we all want the same thing from that club.

We're still arranging some of the details, but at this stage we're looking at possibly having a few speakers, and once we finalise what's happening in the meeting, I'll update you again.

Just letting you know it will be taking place, as a couple of these have been organised and announced at quite short notice for a lot of people in the past.

Download the meeting here: http://rapidshare.com/files/194022632/NUSC.mp3

Guest Heneage

Is there anyway we culd get someone senior from the club to go and make it not a witch hunt but a meeting that would be beneficial, it just seems like a massive mis communication problem at basis.

Is there anyway we culd get someone senior from the club to go and make it not a witch hunt but a meeting that would be beneficial, it just seems like a massive mis communication problem at basis.

I very much doubt it.

We have had contact with the club via the official supporters' panel, which several committee members went to. I think we're a little way off speaking to anyone high up, but we've made contact, and talked mainly about the stewarding.

You may know that we'd been asking for people to contact us about what they had experienced and/or witnessed from the new stewarding regime - particularly in the singing corner. We took up a load of e-mails, read some of them out and left the club with copies.

So hopefully they'll keep their word and look into it.

I'm not really sure how our dialogue with the club will progress, but we have at least made some contact.

Open meeting.

Plenty of notice.

A willingness to discuss were NUSC may/have went wrong.

Let the excuses or the reasons why some of the more vocal against NUSC cant attend now.

I'm also against the BNP and their beliefs but I won't be going along to their next meeting saying where I reckon they're going wrong.

Open meeting.

Plenty of notice.

Let the excuses or the reasons why some of the more vocal against NUSC cant attend now.

I'm also against the BNP and their beliefs but I won't be going along to their next meeting saying where I reckon they're going wrong.

Did you think that was witty when you wrote it?  Or do you really think that going to a NUSC meeting where the likes of Tom_NUFC  & Peaspud are at is on a par with having a beer & chat with Nick Griffin?

Guest toonlass

Aye a bit like NE5 who is happy to slag off anyone who has made any comment that is positive about NUFC in the last 18 months but cannot come up with something constructive in the thread about the past year's finances at Newcastle. Why don't these people who are so avidly against NUSC go and talk about what they want from a supporters group, or would that be too easy? They can't hide behind their keyboards when they actually have to attend. This is an opportunity to attend the group and tell them what you would want from a supporters group, but hey, its easier to sit and slag the whole thing off without trying to do anything, eh?

Guest Heneage

Is there anyway we culd get someone senior from the club to go

What sort of jurno are you?  Nobody with a senior job title speaks ffs.

Why does my career choice matter?

To me it would be good PR to work with a group like this, its called building bridges.

To me it would be good PR to work with a group like this, its called building bridges.

Because you should be well aware in the real world the senior people at the club rarely speak on any of the various official media, so speaking a jamboree at the Irish club is not going to happen.

Open meeting.

Plenty of notice.

Did you think that was witty when you wrote it?  Or do you really think that going to a NUSC meeting where the likes of Tom_NUFC  & Peaspud are at is on a par with having a beer & chat with Nick Griffin?

Well when I've had an e-mail saying the committee were behind what in my opinion was a pretty cretinous interview on SSN, I don't think me going is going to change what they think.

Open meeting.

Plenty of notice.

Well when I've had an e-mail saying the committee were behind what in my opinion was a pretty cretinous interview on SSN, I don't think me going is going to change what they think.

I guess we will never know.

I wont be going either & I doubt I will ever join but what they are called & what they say does not bother me at all. If it did bother me I would attend & have my say.

Guest Heneage

Because you should be well aware in the real world the senior people at the club rarely speak on any of the various official media, so speaking a jamboree at the Irish club is not going to happen.

Says who? Our owner is hardly a normal chairman. Or have you seen Steve Gibson downing pints on the Boro high street? If we could gurantee that the mongs wouldn't turn up he may agree. Or at least look at the minutes.

Says who? Our owner is hardly a normal chairman. Or have you seen Steve Gibson downing pints on the Boro high street? If we could gurantee that the mongs wouldn't turn up he may agree. Or at least look at the minutes.

He's not even a chairman, as it goes.

Errrr since Mort left there the MD/Owner no longer does a article in the match programme for every home game, Ash does a statement now & again.  Have you herd Lambias or Wise speak to any media? The Chron this week said all the big guns have turned down interviews.

Not sure why you mention Steve Gibson as he does talk to the Gazette & Keith Lamb is nee slouch for a quote either.

Errrr since Mort left there the MD/Owner no longer does a article in the match programme for every home game, Ash does a statement now & again.  Have you herd Lambias or Wise speak to any media? The Chron this week said all the big guns have turned down interviews.

Not sure why you mention Steve Gibson as he does talk to the Gazette & Keith Lamb is nee slouch for a quote either.

The Chronicle said that they couldn't get interviews until the transfer window closes.

The Chronicle said that they couldn't get interviews until the transfer window closes.

They have been trying for a long time before this window, lets see who if anyone steps up after the window.

They have been trying for a long time before this window, lets see who if anyone steps up after the window.

The club was for sale before then tbf.

I am not 100% sure what that has to do with it but all I know is the Chron has been trying for a long time to interview the top brass at Newcastle.

I am not 100% sure what that has to do with it but all I know is the Chron has been trying for a long time to interview the top brass at Newcastle.

The club is for sale because the fans wanted them out, now when you think that they can't talk about potential buyers because of signing confidentiality agreements or talk about Keegan because he's apparently going for constructive dismissal then what could they possibly talk about?

The club is for sale because the fans wanted them out, now when you think that they can't talk about potential buyers because of signing confidentiality agreements or talk about Keegan because he's apparently going for constructive dismissal then what could they possibly talk about?

I wouldnt of mind reading one John Gibsons head-to-head interviews with Dennis Wise.

If this weekend goes badly, and we dont do much in the window, guess the meeting will be about protests?

Because they done a lot of good last time.

i just bumped it, cos they just been on legends promoting it.

The protests almost got him selling up,

If Ashley wasnt a cunt, he would have sold up to the abu dhabi people after the protests.

He May as well sell up, he is Financially, and managerially, out of his depth.

Aye a bit like NE5 who is happy to slag off anyone who has made any comment that is positive about NUFC in the last 18 months

positive, as in what exactly ? Qualifying for europe again perhaps ? Even showing the desire would be nice.........

but cannot come up with something constructive in the thread about the past year's finances at Newcastle. Why don't these people who are so avidly against NUSC go and talk about what they want from a supporters group, or would that be too easy? They can't hide behind their keyboards when they actually have to attend. This is an opportunity to attend the group and tell them what you would want from a supporters group, but hey, its easier to sit and slag the whole thing off without trying to do anything, eh?

I agree with you there. Of course.