A frustrated Newcastle fan wants to up the ante on Dennis Wise (mirror)

LooneyToonArmy

first i heard about the Xisco comment, would explain the exclusion

----

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/premier-league-fans/2009/01/a-frustrated-newcastle-fan-wan.html

Newcastle fan Steve Hastie got in touch with the Daily Mirror's man in the North East Simon Bird he is so frustrated with the goings on at St James' Park.

Simon is a NUFC fan and member of the Newcastle United Supporters club, who have been demanding a meeting with Mike Ashley to discuss a positive way forward for the club for months... only to get no reply.

Here is what he had to say:

The ramblings of Joe Kinnear are getting beyond a joke now.

The absolute indignation from fans that he has been offered a long term contract is there for all to see.

We are beginning to think George Bush is running his PR for him.

Newcastle fans are getting more militant by the day as their anticipated support from Ashley fizzles away like a wet firework. If no quality signings mature and players like Given are sold, EXPECT mass protest at the league home game after the window closes.

Even those who backed him now see Kinnear as a stool pigeon for Ashley. Wise is surely pulling all the strings behind the scenes.

The club are now even letting fans who signed up for season tickets for the next three years cancel their direct debits for the next two seasons and they are being inundated with claims. Consensus being that lads would rather have the money in their own accounts than Ashley's, even if it costs them in the long run.

We have to up the ante on md Derek Llambias and Dennis Wise, bypassing Ashley, who clearly has no interest in liaising with the fans or talking to them. These two are certainly seen by the fans as public enemy 1 and 2 and if Ashley is not selling, then they are legitimate targets who have got off lightly of late.

During the last couple of months there has certainly been a "lets see what they are going to do" type of attitude among the supporters and a reluctance to protest out of fear that, if they rock the boat Ashley will once again point a finger at the fans. As the deadline looms it looks more and more bleak.

We hear from insiders that every player is once again available as it was at the end of August, there are no "untouchables" and Xisco is not being played because they don't want to pay the instalment of £2.7m due, once he has played 10 games.

Fear, turning to realisation then to anger is the worst mix. Blind loyalty to the club and fear that anything they do will destroy the club certainly lurks in the psyche of many fans who we communicate with.

Meanwhile Ashley destroys the brand, the playing staff, the hopes of the fans and ultimately the premier league position.. Performances at home have been mixed to say the least and with Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton all still to come to St James's Park you cannot see points materialising.

Add to these the pressure derbies against Sunderland and Boro and you have an explosive scenario building up at SJP.. The former being on the day before the transfer window closes. Away from home they play six pointers against west brom, man city, spurs, blackburn stoke and Bolton as well as Liverpool and Villa.

These are desperate times, the worst i have known in 42 years (I'm 49 years old) and the uncertainty is nothing short of a a disgrace. Even in the dark days of Shepherd, Fletcher and Hall Jr, supporters thought they could see the light at the end of the tunnel. This time round the lights are gradually being switched off around us.

Sympathy and support for Kinnear is rapidly tailing off the longer there is no positive transfer activity. He is under pressure and knows it.

Can't see anything about the added payment being true to be honest. If they bought a player to play in the league they would expect to hit that and would have financed for it. Typically Mirror bollocks backed up by a bollocks "Supporters Club" member once again spouting off shite as though it's the feeling of all the fans. Frankly I'm as sick of that lot as I am of the way this piss poor club is been run at the minute.

Another NUSC "unofficial" comment.

It would be nice to hear what they have to say about the recent accounts in relation to everything they are demanding.

Guest The Libertine

"If no quality signings mature and players like Given are sold, EXPECT mass protest at the league home game after the window closes."

pathetic.

"The club are now even letting fans who signed up for season tickets for the next three years cancel their direct debits for the next two seasons and they are being inundated with claims."

omg he's letting people get their money back??!!? pathetic.

"We have to up the ante on md Derek Llambias and Dennis Wise, bypassing Ashley, who clearly has no interest in liaising with the fans or talking to them."

good logic, since wise and llambias havent shut up since they came here. pathetic.

"We hear from insiders that every player is once again available as it was at the end of August, there are no "untouchables" and Xisco is not being played because they don't want to pay the instalment of £2.7m due, once he has played 10 games."

pathetic attempt at stirring.

in general, pathetic.

Guest Reyrolle

If NUSC want to have any legitimacy amongst the ordinary fans they have to get their communications sorted out.  Unsubstantiated sh**e like this, when backed by the NUSC name can only damage any credibilty they are striving for.  To be honest it is no surprise that Ashley wont respond to their letters if this is the standard of bollocks they want to write.  Nothing constructive, just rumour and crass opinion.  They do not, currently, represent my view, nor the view of the vast majority of supporters I suspect.

Another NUSC "unofficial" comment.

It would be nice to hear what they have to say about the recent accounts in relation to everything they are demanding.

Do you actually think they are going to change their views after seeing the accounts?

To be fair to this rant, a lot of people were feeling the same way, it's just that the rant has been overtaken by events and some people have a clearer picture of the problems we have as a club.  What I would add is that I think it's time for the them V us to stop for the good of the club.

To be fair to this rant, a lot of people were feeling the same way, it's just that the rant has been overtaken by events and some people have a clearer picture of the problems we have as a club.  What I would add is that I think it's time for the them V us to stop for the good of the club.

I think someone from Mike Ashleys management team should start communication with the fans.

Why dont they talk? Why dont they confirm/deny Kinnear's contract offer? And if confirm, why dont they at least attempt to justify the pathetic contract offer to Kinnear? Why doesnt Dennis Wise, the main man doing the transfers, do a bloody interview talking about what he's trying to do, about how potentially tough it is at the moment? How its a potentially tough time to buy players? Wheather hes confident things can be done? Your the Director of Football, so in amongst all the dismay at the club, why not try and calm things down, with like I said a interview. This applies to Llambias too.

I think someone from Mike Ashleys management team should start communication with the fans.

They are going to, they said in the press that they would be saying something after the transfer window has closed.

Why dont they talk? Why dont they confirm/deny Kinnear's contract offer? And if confirm, why dont they at least attempt to justify the pathetic contract offer to Kinnear? Why doesnt Dennis Wise, the main man doing the transfers, do a bloody interview talking about what he's trying to do, about how potentially tough it is at the moment? How its a potentially tough time to buy players? Wheather hes confident things can be done? Your the Director of Football, so in amongst all the dismay at the club, why not try and calm things down, with like I said a interview. This applies to Llambias too.

I found this article in the Telegraph from JUNE 2007 about non communication from Sports Direct - it's obviously a running theme.

"City analysts complain that telephone calls to the retailer are not returned and they have had no access to the management team, including Sports Direct founder and deputy executive chairman Mike Ashley, since the company floated. Mr Ashley sold a 43pc stake for more than £900m at the time of the float.

Analysts have also expressed concerns about Mr Ashley's recent takeover bid for Newcastle United which they fear could distract him from running the business. The deal has highlighted Mr Ashley's unorthodox, although very successful, business style.He was in the North East yesterday meeting the Newcastle board and major shareholders in the football club."

Guest The Libertine

They are going to, they said in the press that they would be saying something after the transfer window has closed.

i can almost guarantee now that whatever is said will be laughed at and not believed.

Don't think I can blame NUSC in this case, if the Mirror decide to publish a rant from a random fan that's their issue.

Doesn't sound like he's speaking on behalf of NUSC.

He isn't a random fan, he's on the NUSC committee (although the article was clearly intended to imply that he's just an average pissed off random fan like a couple of their other comments)

Don't think I can blame NUSC in this case, if the Mirror decide to publish a rant from a random fan that's their issue.

Doesn't sound like he's speaking on behalf of NUSC.

He isn't a random fan, he's on the NUSC committee (although the article was clearly intended to imply that he's just an average pissed off random fan like a couple of their other comments)

Ah well.

"sorry for the absolute silence in amongst all the chaos, we just havent been feeling too well" are they gonna say that? Its simply inexcusable & a piss take.

And when they say they're going to come out (from the darkness, wahey, better not stay out too long) do they mean a nicely worded statement on the website or a proper bloody interview? We dont even know what the 'Chairman' sounds like ffs.

i can almost guarantee now that whatever is said will be laughed at and not believed.

What has Ashley done so far to merit being taken seriously by the fans?

Why do you cut Ashley so much slack? Not trying to be provocative, I'm genuinely interested.

Why do you cut Ashley so much slack? Not trying to be provocative, I'm genuinely interested.

Because right now there's a marked absence of any other fucker willing to put tens of millions of their own cash into the club to keep it out of insolvency?

Because right now there's a marked absence of any other fucker willing to put tens of millions of their own cash into the club to keep it out of insolvency?

This sort of logic is not welcome, let me remind you what an ambitious board would do, big signings, top supported club, old board, etc, blah blah, drone  :sleepy2:

Guest The Libertine

im not cutting him much slack, i just dont think he's as bad as most people think/want him to be. i think we'll look back on his reign in 10 years and be thankful for enough of it to make it worthwhile. its far from perfect at the minute, but the finances thread, for example, is quite an eye opener and the new youth policy and subsequent purchases of young prospects are both things we should have done a long time ago. the ongoing effort to reduce the huge wage bill (or getting rid of the shit, old, high earners) is another thing we should have done many years ago but couldnt/wouldnt for whatever reason.

And also its worth remembering that Ashley pretty much bought the club for £130million on a whim, who's to say that if it looks like being fun again he won't decide to spunk another £50m on it ...  :celb: