Is Redknapp untouchable?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Guest Alan Shearer 9

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fa-clear-redknapp-to-name-weakest-team-1501167.html

The Football Association will not be drawn on comments by Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp that he will field his weakest possible team in the FA Cup.

Redknapp said after last night's epic Carling Cup semi-final win over Burnley that he would now rest players for this weekend's fourth-round tie with Manchester United to keep them fresh for Barclays Premier League action.

Redknapp won the FA Cup with Portsmouth last year but has already admitted the competition is well down his list of priorities at Spurs as the club face a relegation battle.

"I will go to Old Trafford with the weakest team I can possibly find," Redknapp said after the game.

That could be construed as a contravention of competition rules, which state that clubs must play to their full strength.

Rule 15a reads: "Each team participating in a match shall represent the full available strength of each competing club."

However, with most Premier League clubs boasting large first-team squads, it would be impossible to argue Spurs would be breaching rules by fielding fringe players.

Redknapp is entitled to use his squad as he feels necessary, even if he could face criticism for devaluing the FA Cup.

An FA spokesman said: "Undoubtedly Tottenham will be selecting a team from their first-team squad."

The absolute ineptitude of the F.A. fucks me off at the best of times, but Redknapp has repeatedly and explicitly bbroken every fucking rule in the book since becoming manager of Spurs and nothing has been done about it. He could probably get away with assaulting the ball boys and the media would give him an easy ride about it. All I can say is I wish death and destruction upon the Redknapp family and hopefully he will die a slow painful death drowning in boiling goose fat.

The fact that he is allowed to behave in such a manner with no repercusions increases my apathy towards modern football, I hope the game implodes soon as it's getting shit in many ways.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

i'm really struggling to think of a club in the top flight who hasn't fielded a weakened team deliberatly in the FA CUP over the last few years.

the only one i can think of is us !

It's not so much that, more the way he gets away with spouting off anything to the press, blatantly tapping many players up and trying to unsettle them and breaking every code of conduct and the geneva convention etc. I truly fucking detest the man.

i'm really struggling to think of a club in the top flight who hasn't fielded a weakened team deliberatly in the FA CUP over the last few years.

Fair enough, but why come out and say it? He's a cockend beyond belief, and the fact that he now works for the yids makes me hate the pair of them even more. Cunts deserve each other.

Fair enough, but why come out and say it? He's a cockend beyond belief, and the fact that he now works for the yids makes me hate the pair of them even more. c***s deserve each other.

steve coppell did the other year in similar circumstances....fuck all good it done him aswell.

Redknapp could deny the holocaust and the yid press would still lick his rim.

dunno like.....by the sounds of thew phone ins and message boards his honeymoon with the fans is over. if they turn the press will follow.

It's not so much that, more the way he gets away with spouting off anything to the press, blatantly tapping many players up and trying to unsettle them and breaking every code of conduct and the geneva convention etc. I truly fucking detest the man.

Even if he didn't break any codes I'd still detest him tbf.

It's not so much that, more the way he gets away with spouting off anything to the press, blatantly tapping many players up and trying to unsettle them and breaking every code of conduct and the geneva convention etc. I truly f***ing detest the man.

Even if he didn't break any codes I'd still detest him tbf.

now you see. that attitude is a lot more healthy than looking for reasons.

Guest Stephen927

Can't really see how you could prove it was a weakened team, unless he was to lift a load of youngsters from the academy and chuck them in against Man United.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'd like to touch him,,,, with a fkn blowtorch.

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

:D burn those fkn droopy cheeks right off.

:lol: ledge

Here's a letter me mate had published on football365.com today, spot on in my eyes!!

Is He Above Criticism?

Wow, last night's game was a real hum dinger wasn't it - no thanks to Tottenham Hotspur. They didn't turn up, their players to a man had an absolute Weston Super Mare and once again Harry is in the papers moaning about just about everything apart from his own tactics and game plan (or lack of...)

When he took over he inherited a 'decent squad' of players in his own words. Since then his Spurs side went on a decent run but have since slumped and are still well and truly in the mire. They scraped through to the Milk Cup final last night and Harry is all over the papers this morning saying that he won't play his best players on Saturday because he can't risk them - he's basically saying "sod the FA Cup". And there was naive old me thinking it was just the foreign managers who did the historic trophy down. He, his son and his cohorts (Tim Sherwood, Sir Les etc etc) are the first ones to slag off any foreign manager that rests players in the FA Cup, saying they don't understand the British game or the passion and history of the cup.

Yet there's no criticism of him today in the papers for admitting he's going to throw Saturday's game against Man U. Neither is there any widespread criticism of him for the shocking way they are playing football at the moment, the mediocre results he's achieving or the ludicrous amounts of cash he's lashing out left right and centre on players. It seems Redknapp himself is above criticism.

Bah, I'm rambling a bit here. I just wanted to vent my spleen I suppose. Harry is not the best English manager around. He is not a man that runs a club on a shoestring budget and achieves amazing results - he's a decent man manager that splashes the cash and achieves below par results. And he has a tendency to walk when things get tough. If he was your average Carlos Kick a Ball, the media would be all over this. But as we all know, Harry is a media darling (of sorts) - he scratches their backs with stories and stuff and in return he has a get out of jail free card that means he's immune from negative press coverage. And to boot, he looks like a celeriac.

Mike 'Safe to say I'm not Harry's biggest Fan' N'gog

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fa-clear-redknapp-to-name-weakest-team-1501167.html

The Football Association will not be drawn on comments by Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp that he will field his weakest possible team in the FA Cup.

Redknapp said after last night's epic Carling Cup semi-final win over Burnley that he would now rest players for this weekend's fourth-round tie with Manchester United to keep them fresh for Barclays Premier League action.

Redknapp won the FA Cup with Portsmouth last year but has already admitted the competition is well down his list of priorities at Spurs as the club face a relegation battle.

"I will go to Old Trafford with the weakest team I can possibly find," Redknapp said after the game.

That could be construed as a contravention of competition rules, which state that clubs must play to their full strength.

Rule 15a reads: "Each team participating in a match shall represent the full available strength of each competing club."

However, with most Premier League clubs boasting large first-team squads, it would be impossible to argue Spurs would be breaching rules by fielding fringe players.

Redknapp is entitled to use his squad as he feels necessary, even if he could face criticism for devaluing the FA Cup.

An FA spokesman said: "Undoubtedly Tottenham will be selecting a team from their first-team squad."

The absolute ineptitude of the F.A. fucks me off at the best of times, but Redknapp has repeatedly and explicitly bbroken every fucking rule in the book since becoming manager of Spurs and nothing has been done about it. He could probably get away with assaulting the ball boys and the media would give him an easy ride about it. All I can say is I wish death and destruction upon the Redknapp family and hopefully he will die a slow painful death drowning in boiling goose fat.

The fact that he is allowed to behave in such a manner with no repercusions increases my apathy towards modern football, I hope the game implodes soon as it's getting shit in many ways.

Man this is being blown out of all proportion!!

In the highlighted bit above, he's simply referring to Tottenham Hotspur FC.

Even so, I still think we should bring back quartering in 'Arry's case, I'd take great pleasure in seeing the consequences of horses being attached to each of his jowls and made to gallop in opposite directions.