Assess Our Squad

kane2005

Currently riddled with injuries , have a manager who is looking at another lengthy touchline ban and which players would want to sign for a manager who is always sent to the stands , a club which doesnt know what directions it's heading , upwards or championship , and finally , I presume our owner isnt going to splash the cash easily otherwise we would of had at least one of the FIVE players Kinnear promised us.

Come the end of January , with a fully fit squad I would hope the team could look something like this ( If we sign no-one that is )

Given

Beye ( Injured but is still first choice and wont be sold )

Bassong ( Player of the season so far )

Collocini ( Never missed a game so far and hasnt done too bad )

Duff ( His best game for newcastle was at Left Back )

Gutierrez ( Exciting player , doesnt score or create enough for me though , very hard working though )

Barton ( Captian to be , and hopefully gives us the extra bite we need in the middle of the park )

Guthrie ( Think this lad is pretty underated and has impressed me so far , could be better though )

Martins ( I would love to see martins play more of a wide role , as his pace could take any full back on , and I dont think he has the best shooting ability , however he is always likely to pull something out of the bag )

Owen ( Proven goalscorer , hopefully finds his form again soon )

Caroll ( Been a breath of fresh air to see a hard working centre forward who will challenge for everything , more goals to come from him , a young duncan ferguson )

On paper , it's not a bad team at all , maybe highlight the weaker players in that team which would probably be , Guthrie , Carroll , Duff ( in that position ) and replace them with quality then were not looking to bad at all. Were will we find a big hard working centre forward , a good creative midfielder , and a proven left back?

Left Backs - Riise ( Loan Only ) and Steve Finnan ( Always liked him in his liverpool days , Im sure I read somewere that he failed a medical with us ).

Central Midfielders  - Gattuso ( Unlikely ) , Saviola ( ( Attacking ) Unlikely but wouldnt rule it out ) , Johnson ( Man City would probably let him go in the region of £4million , good young english talent  , hasnt done villa no harm )

Strikers - Im definitley struggling.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

average manager = average squad.

good manager = good squad.

its all about the equations.

Bollocks tbh. Our Midfield / Forwards are seriously shit compared to the Robson sides, which were good.

Guest The Libertine

What about our manager and squad then ?

top one. average at best manager and an average squad. the league table backs this up.

our sqaud is the culmination of 12 years, of how the club has been run, brim full of big time charlies, who are only her for the money, dont give a shit about the club, have contempt for the fans.

if it wernt for a few exceptions, shearer, given,lee, we would have been here years ago.

players love it when newcastle come calling, ..big wages, high profile, dont worry about winning any trophies boys,good sick leave,. .just do what you can be bothered with,fill your boots,mercenaries, ....... we are now in the end game of running the club like this.

On a more serious note, Duff at LB and Martins in LM? Loco.

If we could get Johnson from Man City it would be amazing by the way.

Martins on the left would work imo, not as a winger or LM but as a left sided striker in a front three. I've always thought he was at his best when running at people..

Guest The Libertine

Bollocks tbh. Our Midfield / Forwards are seriously shit compared to the Robson sides, which were good.

very good actually. a good run in the champions league and some very high league places makes that team better than good in comparison.

Martins on the left would work imo, not as a winger or LM but as a left sided striker in a front three. I've always thought he was at his best when running at people..

As part of a front three I agree... if we had anyone to play the same role on the right.

I agree, I'd like to see it:

Owen

Martins                                                 Jonas

CM                      CM

CM

If we had the players, i.e decent, attacking, fullbacks, it might work.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

very good actually. a good run in the champions league and some very high league places makes that team better than good in comparison.

Good manager lifted them too. I'd class Kinnear as shit at best

Guest The Libertine

Good manager lifted them too. I'd class Kinnear as shit at best

a very good manager lifted a good squad up to very good. i agree that kinnear will only drag us backwards next season but i class him as average at best, with his best being a rare sight this season.

Given - Always likely to pull off match winning saves and has recently been catching or puncing crosses away which was one of his weaknesses a couple of seasons ago. 8

Harper - A steady replacement, but has made mistakes in the past. 7

Beye - Excellent tackling ability and can bring the ball forward. 8

Bassong - Strong and can read the game well. 7

Taylor - Brash and prone to errors, but alongside an accoplished player can do well. 6

Collocini - A good player, but struggles against those powerful target men or players with a quick turn of pace. 7

Enrique - He has potential, but lacks confidence. He is strong, but his passing lets him down. 6

Edgar - Championship standard. 4

Cacapa - A good player in his prime, but that was years ago. He came to our league too late. 5

Duff - Has lost some of his ability to take men on, but can be useful on occasions. 6

N'Zogbia - Looks like he wants out and is a decent player, but not as good as some would say. 6

Guthrie - An average player, who is not that creative, yet has to take on that role in our team due to our lack of creativity. 7

Butt - He lacks pace and his passing leaves a lot to be desired. 5

Gutierrez - A hard worker, who can beat his men easily, but stamina could be an issue. 7

Barton - Has not featured that often, but when he has improves our midfield greatly. 7

Geremi - He can be creative, but hasn't got the legs for the Premiership anymore. 5

Smith - Not played this seasn, but didn't not impress last season. He does not have a position, just fits in. 6

Viduka - Too injury prone, but quality control and hold up play. 6

Martins - He has pace and can finish, but lacks the mental ability at times. 8

Owen - A great goalscorer who would flourish in a side which created chance after chance. His time on Tyneside will not be fondly remembered by him. 8

Carroll - Has potential, but likely to mess it up. 6

Ameobi - Still living on the fact that he has a little ability which has got him by, but should have been shown the door last season. Now he has a contract I wonder if the performances will be the same as before? 6

Xisco - Plenty of running, just needs a chance before he can be assessed properly. 5

Kinnear - Becoming a joke. 4