IF we are to go down...

Mistle17

Then who out of our current squad do you think would stay?

I think Bassong, Carroll, Lua Lua, Edgar and Ameobi are the only certainties. Others like Harper, Barton, Smith, Guthrie and Butt might stay, even if they are on big wages..

Going down usually means having to sell, but we're in a situation now where we wouldnt have to sell so drasitcally ad at cut prices. Who knows?

Much like Birmingham i dont think too many would leave and we'd bounce back soon enouhg.

We wouldn't be able to get rid of Duff, Geremi, or Smith.

Well Geremi might be off by the end of this month, and as for the other two, well maybe a newly promoted side would give them a shot...hopefully.

In fact I imagine he'd be one of the first to go, considering the profit we'd make on him.

Why would us making a profit on him mean he would be one of the first to go?

Because Mike Ashley owns us...

We would have to get rid of all the big earners for a start so that's Geremi, Viduka, Owen, Martins, Duff, Barton, Smith, Collicini, Given, Beye, Jonas, Enrique and Butt gone. N'Zogbia would go because he's a miserable french cunt and I reckon we'd let Cacapa leave on a free because he isn't very good. At a push we might be able to hold onto Harper, Taylor, Bassong and Guthrie and i fear we're stuck with Ameobi, Carroll and Edgar. No doubt we could bring one or two of the reserves through such as Ranger and Lua Lua but we'd still be looking at a major rebuilding job.

.............................Harper

New RB......Taylor...........Bassong........New LB

Lua Lua......Guthrie........New CM.......New LW

...................Ranger.......Ameobi/Carroll

Well Geremi might be off by the end of this month, and as for the other two, well maybe a newly promoted side would give them a shot...hopefully.

In fact I imagine he'd be one of the first to go, considering the profit we'd make on him.

Because Mike Ashley owns us...

And what? Why would he be the first to go because we're making a profit on him? Does that mean the likes of Duff and Smith will be the last to go because we won't make any profit on them?

Because it's easy money. Money we need now, never mind if we were relegated.

So it's because he's worth more money then rather than us making a profit on him.

Glad we cleared that one up.

Does that mean the likes of Duff and Smith will be the last to go because we won't make any profit on them?

Probably, aye. That and they'll not want to leave due to their wages.

Depends what their contracts say about relegation and what sort of reduction in wages they would expect, I think both would go if we did get relegated as Duff comes across as someone who has ambition to play at the highest level and Smith wouldn't play for his boyhood club when they went down so I don't see him staying here.

It's hard to say who would stay, if you look at last year everyone thought Barnes, McFadden, Larsson and Hunt would all jump ship but they all stayed, a few might surprise us with their loyalty and I could see a position where we loan players out for 12 months if we can't get what we want for them like Juventus did.

So it's because he's worth more money then rather than us making a profit on him.

Glad we cleared that one up.

Eh? ???

Profit for the club to use on other things, like transfers.

Does that mean the likes of Duff and Smith will be the last to go because we won't make any profit on them?

Probably, aye. That and they'll not want to leave due to their wages.

Depends what their contracts say about relegation and what sort of reduction in wages they would expect, I think both would go if we did get relegated as Duff comes across as someone who has ambition to play at the highest level and Smith wouldn't play for his boyhood club when they went down so I don't see him staying here.

It's hard to say who would stay, if you look at last year everyone thought Barnes, McFadden, Larsson and Hunt would all jump ship but they all stayed, a few might surprise us with their loyalty and I could see a position where we loan players out for 12 months if we can't get what we want for them like Juventus did.

Four players i would happily welcome into our first team right now.

NOBODY will pay them what we pay them, even on a free. I'll eat my face if Geremi leaves.