Robbie Keane

Skirge

Seems he is sick of life at Liverpool, he would be a cracking replacement for Oowen he would never come here like, typical Raffa though £20mill on a striker and he hardly gets a game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/4343430/Robbie-Keanes-Liverpool-future-uncertain-after-Anfield-no-show.html

Robbie Keane's Liverpool future uncertain after Anfield no-show

Robbie Keane's future at Liverpool was cast in doubt as the former Tottenham striker failed to attend the club's fourth round FA Cup match with Everton at Anfield after being told by manager Rafael Benitez that he was not to feature even on the bench.

And join a bunch of losers like us ?

Some chance.

Remember his attitude to a chance to go to Sunderland a few years ago ?

We are at a similar level now to the makems then.

Thanks to a number of causes.

Get it right, and Newcastle would be a gold mine to rival Man U

what i never understood was what benitez was fuckin thinking signing him in the first place, torres had just had a storming season playing upfront alone then went into the euro's with villa and basically ended up creating stuff for villa rather than scoring himself, only when villa got injured did torres come back to life when up front on his own in the final

rocket science man, always thought playing someone with torres would affect him and it has proven to be the case to date, stupid thing is that they never signed a player of villas quality who could pick up torres's goals

how they're doing so well is beyond me (suppose kuyt flourished somewhat for a while mind)...fuckin staggeringly stupid signing

Guest Stephen927

Was a stupid price to pay for Keane when they didn't really need a striker like him.

Keane has got to play with a certain type of striker or own his own to be effective, whereas Torres is better on his own when he's the main focal point.

what i never understood was what benitez was fuckin thinking signing him in the first place, torres had just had a storming season playing upfront alone then went into the euro's with villa and basically ended up creating stuff for villa rather than scoring himself, only when villa got injured did torres come back to life when up front on his own in the final

rocket science man, always thought playing someone with torres would affect him and it has proven to be the case to date, stupid thing is that they never signed a player of villas quality who could pick up torres's goals

how they're doing so well is beyond me (suppose kuyt flourished somewhat for a while mind)...fuckin staggeringly stupid signing

All the talk coming out of Liverpool since the Keane signing was that Benitez never wanted him in the first place but as a replacement for Owen bring it on but imho with our current situation wont happen.

Ridiculous - when are people going to realise we don't operate in the market for these types of players anymore.

indeed, waste of breath and kinetic (?) energy typing it out

Ah, its massively unlikely but I'd like to think that if there is a chance, we might still be able to pull off big signings once in a while if Ashley sees a player that could have a decent return value in the future. Not sure that spaffing a wedge on Keane is such a good idea though.  :laugh:

Someone's not happy with Rafa...

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/yoursay/0,19082,7401,00.html#1941553

That's it. i've torn up my season ticket. i don't wanna be associated with that clown of a manager. benitez is a joke. with a decent manager we would have had the league wrapped up by now. his transfer policy is an embarrassment, his selection diabolical, tactics atrocious and man management non-existent. without the best player in the world in stevie, we would be struggling to make the top half of the table. rafa out. rafa out. YNWA

Cringe-tastic.

Liverpool star Keane off to Newcastle: Transfer Talk

Metro, UK - 50 minutes ago

Newcastle United may be the shock destination for Robbie Keane after he has become a square peg in a round hole at Liverpool. The Magpies need a big impact ...

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?Liverpool_star_Keane_off_to_Newcastle:_Transfer_Talk&in_article_id=502750&in_page_id=43

Newcastle United may be the shock destination for Robbie Keane after he has become a square peg in a round hole at Liverpool. The Magpies need a big impact ...

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?Liverpool_star_Keane_off_to_Newcastle:_Transfer_Talk&in_article_id=502750&in_page_id=43

You don't believe that for a second do you Skirge man?

You don't believe that for a second do you Skirge man?

erm NO :lol: but would love him here, see a chance of sending Owen back to pool and getting Keane in.

Guest north shields lad

The talk is that it was Rick Parry who signed him for Liverpool. And if Harry redknapp thinks he can get him for 5 million less than they sold him, then thats 15 million. We might never buy a player for 15 million ever again.

if he really does want out, we should at least try to get him on loan til the end of the season, with an agreement that he can't play in the liverpool v newcastle fixture at anfield. it would work for us, his goals could keep us up and if he's played that well it's giving him an oppertunity to put himself in the shop window without commiting to us for longer than the end of the season

The talk is that it was Rick Parry who signed him for Liverpool. And if Harry redknapp thinks he can get him for 5 million less than they sold him, then thats 15 million. We might never buy a player for 15 million ever again.

Seems like that's what his agent is trying to sort out for the summer.  What with Defoe and Chimbonda, talk about friends reunited! :rolleyes:

Keane can't play with Defoe, Defoe is Harry's favourite so I hope it doesn't happen. 

This thread may as well be locked. 

Robbie Keane to Newcastle....  mackems.gif

We can barely scrape £10m together, let alone the £15m to £20m they will expect for him.

A loan deal til end of season would be nice, but again can't see it.