I want to know....

Parky

Guest Imperio

I'm struggling to think of anything brave I have ever done. I'm not really that sort of person.

Something will come to me.. I'm just er.. too damn modest or something  bluebiggrin.gif

Jumped off of a telephone pole about 40 feet off the ground and grabbed onto a bar on a zip line jackie chan style.

Broke up a fight between two crazies on Market Street in downtown SF once because I was afraid one of them was going to kill the other.

Those are the two times where afterwords I thought - "that was pretty stupid - I could have died" - so stupid/ brave are usually related.

Another (stupid) act...

Heckled and yelled obscenaties at Geo Bush senior (during his Presidency) about 10 feet in front of his face - pummled by young Republicans while the Secret Service looked on for my troubles. He was having some rally in Orange County in front of a bunch of conservative yahoos and after I snuck in and got up to the front I thought to myself "Am I really gonna go through with this?... this is kind of silly and pointless." I did it anyway... young and angry.

I did the *full montey for the year 11 assembly at school, pretty scary!

Why does that not surprise me, Jon?

Because you are actually 24 and you secretly went to my school?

I did climb across our balcony on the 8th floor of the apartments in magaluf although that was certainly stupid rather than brave!

*they would only let us go down to our boxers.

You didn't go to whitley high?

i didn't go to whitley high

Ah, must of been a craze of lads stripping to their boxers when the film was released.

Ah, must of been a craze of lads stripping to their boxers when the film was released.

More than likely, it was our inspiration  :lol:

"Heckled and yelled obscenaties at Geo Bush senior (during his Presidency) about 10 feet in front of his face - pummled by young Republicans while the Secret Service looked on for my troubles. He was having some rally in Orange County in front of a bunch of conservative yahoos and after I snuck in and got up to the front I thought to myself "Am I really gonna go through with this?... this is kind of silly and pointless." I did it anyway... young and angry." Cali

Nice one man. All due respect. The war of ideas is on. 216.

Jumped off of a telephone pole about 40 feet off the ground and grabbed onto a bar on a zip line jackie chan style.

Broke up a fight between two crazies on Market Street in downtown SF once because I was afraid one of them was going to kill the other.

Those are the two times where afterwords I thought - "that was pretty stupid - I could have died" - so stupid/ brave are usually related.

Another (stupid) act...

Heckled and yelled obscenaties at Geo Bush senior (during his Presidency) about 10 feet in front of his face - pummled by young Republicans while the Secret Service looked on for my troubles. He was having some rally in Orange County in front of a bunch of conservative yahoos and after I snuck in and got up to the front I thought to myself "Am I really gonna go through with this?... this is kind of silly and pointless." I did it anyway... young and angry.

My new hero.

....What is the bravest thing you've ever done?

Me...Jumping in to save a friend when he was surrounded by four blokes and taking some damage. :(

Something in a similar vein.  Me and my mates decided it would be a good idea to walk to Ibrox one night when we were pished.  What a learning experience that was, we were about 14 and ended out walking through some of the roughest areas of Glasgow on a Saturday night. :lol:

Anyway, we entered some area called "Whiney" (probably the wrong spelling and short for something), it's been flattened now though.  Now some sort of industrial estate.  Some cunts starting literally toying with us.  There was fucking hundreds of them, starting picking on us one at a time, pressing us against posts telling us they were going to "gut" us.  They told us to run, but for whatever reason we didn't, one then grabbed me and told us we "better fucking run this time, we'll give you ten seconds." 

So we did, and they actually appeared to be letting us go.  We half stopped, and we were a bit scattered, then some of the bigger (I assume older, too) guys from their group came out of nowhere screaming "get the big wan" and started laying in to the big guy of our lot.  The bunch of our group furthest away just legged it, like fannies, leaving me, my good mate with the guy getting kicked in.  We started getting into them, one pulls out a knife and starts swinging it.  Slashed my mate across his face, I then got the follow on across my arm. 

Surprisingly, the ones that stopped it were the lot that had just told us to run, going on about, "just leave them, they're wee guys, nothing."  We proceded to bolt to safety.  Never been so terrified in my life.  Pure survival just kicked in, to be honest.

Probably swimming out to save my Grandma when she got swept out by strong waves from a beach in Lanzarote. I'm a strong swimmer and could probably have swam back in on my own without too much bother, but trying to haul her in as well meant we were just getting further and further from the beach.  Thankfully a couple of other people came to help in the end and we got back but if they hadn't, we'd probably both have died.

Not so much bravery as "There's no way I'm gonna leave my Grandma to die" though tbh.

breaking up a Natioanal Front meeting in a pub in one of Leicester's less salubrious housing estates

God bless the Indian Workers Assoc I say - they arrived like the 7th Cavalry to save us from a very nasty situation.............................

breaking up a Natioanal Front meeting in a pub in one of Leicester's less salubrious housing estates

God bless the Indian Workers Assoc I say - they arrived like the 7th Cavalry to save us from a very nasty situation.............................

Beaumont Leas?

Bluf:

I salute you, Sir. Never leave a friend behind. Death before dishonour.

Rob W:

That is AWESOME!

No doubt you had a few before you started getting into it with them. There is a quote from an American Admiral that refers to you: "Fate has a way of looking out for children, fools and ships called Enterprise." You were no doubt underage at the time...  :winking:

Perhaps wait for Bush's next visit to Londres. bluewink.gif

I went down to central station when the queen visited a while back. A pair of crusties behind me shouted 'Down with the monarchy' and hoyed a chip at her. I seem to remember there was a streaker as well.