Keeping this club up: Now is the time to get tough Joe

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

Stop the moping & pick yourself up you have the job of keeping us up Joe

Get tough Joe

Some of the players clearly aren't listening to you anymore or aren't putting in the right kind of shift required to keep this club of ours in the division. You need to be brave and drop them and bring in some of the lads from the reserves and academy to replace them. Lads who may not exactly be ready yet nor up to much cop (we'll never know until we see them in the flesh) but they'll be mighty proud to get a game and will give it their all no doubt which is a damn sight more on offer from some wearing the shirt. Fresh legs, faces and a fresh impetuous is needed because the place stinks of resignation. In many of our players I see zero enthusiasm for the task at hand. Get shot of them and replace them from within if you can't do it via the transfer market.

Game plan

I don't know what kind of football we're trying to play to be honest, all I know its a mess and I think Joe has tried to appeal to the so-called better players in our team in terms of how they want to see the team play or themselves as individuals. Well f*** them. Get back to what you know best Joe and start aiming it long and turning games into a scrap, a war of attrition, like you did with your old Wimbledon side. In Carroll who won everything in the air last night apparently we have a target man who will cause problems. Lets start looking for him, pack that midfield and let runners like Jonas loose in and around him to pick up the pieces. Guthrie I imagine with his shooting from distance would profit in such a way and we do need goals from midfield. If Nolan is added he has profited from such a game plan at Bolton for years, playing off Davies. Maybe the interest in Nolan is a sign Joe's going back to school... the oldskool.

Despite my own fears and resignation regarding our fate, we are not down by any stretch of the imagination. Not yet anyway. We can't just send out our fittest 11 and expect them to keep us up so we need to put down a battle plan.

This isn't about talent or ability but about heart, enthusiasm and working hard. That's what will prove the difference. The likes of West Brom and Stoke have less ability or talent than we do but they have more heart, enthusiasm and a higher work ethic. They battle on to whatever plan their manager has laid out for them. That's what we need to start doing and showing, that's what will keep us up as much as our ability or talent.

Lets start with the mackems. Lets kick them to f*** and send them crawling back to their rock and push on from there by following it up against West Brom. These two games are vital, we cannot lose either or them. 4 points min is essential.

We can do it. We can stay up.

Come on!

Get tough Joe

Some of the players clearly aren't listening to you anymore or aren't putting in the right kind of shift required to keep this club of ours in the division. You need to be brave and drop them and bring in some of the lads from the reserves and academy to replace them. Lads who may not exactly be ready yet nor up to much cop (we'll never know until we see them in the flesh) but they'll be mighty proud to get a game and will give it their all no doubt which is a damn sight more on offer from some wearing the shirt. Fresh legs, faces and a fresh impetuous is needed because the place stinks of resignation. In many of our players I see zero enthusiasm for the task at hand. Get shot of them and replace them from within if you can't do it via the transfer market.

Game plan

I don't know what kind of football we're trying to play to be honest, all I know its a mess and I think Joe has tried to appeal to the so-called better players in our team in terms of how they want to see the team play or themselves as individuals. Well fuck them. Get back to what you know best Joe and start aiming it long and turning games into a scrap, a war of attrition, like you did with your old Wimbledon side. In Carroll who won everything in the air last night apparently we have a target man who will cause problems. Lets start looking for him, pack that midfield and let runners like Jonas loose in and around him to pick up the pieces. Guthrie I imagine with his shooting from distance would profit in such a way and we do need goals from midfield. If Nolan is added he has profited from such a game plan at Bolton for years, playing off Davies. Maybe the interest in Nolan is a sign Joe's going back to school... the oldskool.

Despite my own fears and resignation regarding our fate, we are not down by any stretch of the imagination. Not yet anyway. We can't just send out our fittest 11 and expect them to keep us up so we need to put down a battle plan.

This isn't about talent or ability but about heart, enthusiasm and working hard. That's what will prove the difference. The likes of West Brom and Stoke have less ability or talent than we do but they have more heart, enthusiasm and a higher work ethic. They battle on to whatever plan their manager has laid out for them. That's what we needs to start doing and showing, that's what will keep us up as much as our ability or talent.

Lets start with the mackems. Lets kick them to fuck and send them crawling back to their rock and push on from there by following it up against West Brom. These two games are vital, we cannot lose either or them. 4 points min is essential.

Come on!

:kinnear:

Get tough Joe

Game plan

I don't know what kind of football we're trying to play to be honest, all I know its a mess and I think Joe has tried to appeal to the so-called better players in our team in terms of how they want to see the team play or themselves as individuals. Well fuck them. Get back to what you know best Joe and start aiming it long and turning games into a scrap, a war of attrition, like you did with your old Wimbledon side. In Carroll who won everything in the air last night apparently we have a target man who will cause problems. Lets start looking for him, pack that midfield and let runners like Jonas loose in and around him to pick up the pieces. Guthrie I imagine with his shooting from distance would profit in such a way and we do need goals from midfield. If Nolan is added he has profited from such a game plan at Bolton for years, playing off Davies. Maybe the interest in Nolan is a sign Joe's going back to school... the oldskool.

This isn't about talent or ability but about heart, enthusiasm and working hard. That's what will prove the difference. The likes of West Brom and Stoke have less ability or talent than we do but they have more heart, enthusiasm and a higher work ethic. They battle on to whatever plan their manager has laid out for them. That's what we needs to start doing and showing, that's what will keep us up as much as our ability or talent.

Lets start with the mackems. Lets kick them to fuck and send them crawling back to their rock and push on from there by following it up against West Brom. These two games are vital, we cannot lose either or them. 4 points min is essential.

Come on!

:knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

yeah lets kick them to fuck.

Guest Stephen927

I think it's about time we gave HTT his own theme tune.

At least then we might get a warning of his arrival ;)

Agree with what he has said.

heart, enthusiasm and working hard

this. 110% NUFC and we'll stay up.

Thank fuck for Smith and Butt, then.

Kevin Keegan found out, and taught us, that graft does not guarantee you survival. Genuine quality does. Which is why i'm begging for Martins to get back and why i'd prefer the likes of Zoggy, still, to be in the side rather than Duff.

I fear for our lives if Smith is leading the line by the time he comes back. Owen couldn't have got injured at a worse time.

Guest Howaythetoon

Thank f*** for Smith and Butt, then.

Kevin Keegan found out, and taught us, that graft does not guarantee you survival. Genuine quality does. Which is why i'm begging for Martins to get back and why i'd prefer the likes of Zoggy, still, to be in the side rather than Duff.

I fear for our lives if Smith is leading the line by the time he comes back. Owen couldn't have got injured at a worse time.

You seem to forget KK actually had them playing well while also grafting hard. Not that I'm specifically talking about grafting hard. Smith running about isn't putting in a shift. Showing desire, determination and enthusiasm for playing is working hard for the cause, not covering the miles and coming off with a drenched shirt. Those kind of players are actually the biggest bottlers. I agree with Martins.

Thank f*** for Smith and Butt, then.

You seem to forget KK actually had them playing well while also grafting hard. Not that I'm specifically talking about grafting hard. Smith running about isn't putting in a shift. Showing desire, determination and enthusiasm for playing is working hard for the cause, not covering the miles and coming off with a drenched shirt. Those kind of players are actually the biggest bottlers. I agree with Martins.

If you've got a touch of quality with the ball at your feet, then you don't need to put 110% of your heart into the game. There isn't necassarily a direct corrolation between effort and quality. See Viduka, M - an imperative kingpin in our revival last season.

What i'm saying is, giving these rallying calls isn't going to make any difference (and not only cos... erm... this is a forum? :lol:). Damien Duff could work his proverbial bollocks off, and we still wouldn't get a cutting through ball out of him.

I'll admit that the enthusiasm and drive is at a bit of a low from the players - i was at the Hull game, i saw it with my own eyes. But that's not the reason we'll go down.

Thank fuck for Smith and Butt, then.

if we field a side with 11 players all playing 100% of their ability and 100% effort, then I dont care who leads the line. There should be enough to keep us up :p

I agree with the earlier post ref young lads, why not blood 'em all and see what happens certainly can't get any worse!

It's a fair point but, to state the obvious, it could go either way with them. I'd not start with them perhaps, but I would bring them in more and more depending on how we're playing.