Striking crisis, so what? Carroll and Lovenkrands could just do the business

The Prophet

I've always been a massive fan of little and large partnerships, they aren't necessary but I think they work well in any system. With Viduka always crocked, Owen doing his best to keep up and without wanting to rush Martins back I think Carroll and Lovenkrands could do a handy job.

I'll be honest I never though Carroll would make at this level but he's put in a couple of decent shifts recently. He isn't a world beater but he wins a lot in the air has chipped in with a couple of goals.

Lovenkrands has always been a good player the problem for me was has he lost his pace after some niggly long term injuries over in Germany. A brief stint the other night was more than enough to confirm he still has a bit of nip. Pace always scares defenders it's one of the reasons we miss Martins so much.

If these two can work together, Lovenkrands providing a bit of service for Carroll and Carroll providing the odd knock down for Lovenkrands they could be in business. With the current injury plight we don't have a lot of choice but if we can keep these lads fit I think they might be a handful.

Guest timmy boy

Optimistic to say the least. If they are our front two for the remainder of the season I won't be putting any money on us staying up.

hey! peter was a canny striker at rangers, I think he could snatch a few goals for us hopefully. Also, carrol has done alright too, although we all know relying on these 2 is pretty daft in the situation we're in...

...then again, we could always........UNLEASH RANGER!!

Guest Stephen927

hey! peter was a canny striker at rangers, I think he could snatch a few goals for us hopefully. Also, carrol has done alright too, although we all know relying on these 2 is pretty daft in the situation we're in...

English football simply is not ready.

Guest Heneage

I've already said, it really could work, Lovenkrands showed against City he's still a whippet. And Carroll seems decent in the air.

I've already said, it really could work, Lovenkrands showed against City he's still a whippet. And Carroll seems decent in the air.

Did Lovenkrands have a touch against City? :lol:

Think he touched the ball twice and he was on for 25 minutes.

English football simply is not ready.

For some reason this made me chuckle rather loudly.

Why do that, it would be the easy way out. Ranger playing = 6th spot no doubt and where would the fun be in that.

Sunday is looking a real good day for me. I got to go to work at 9'oclock to make sure month end for January is done and the bank rec's all so I can get home in time to see Carroll/Lovenkrands strike partnership against our arch rivals and then I make my comeback in 7 aside league in which I haven't played since November. Oh the joy.......

Guest Heneage

His amount of touches affects his pace how exactly?

He obviously impressed in the practice game, and right now I don't see any other options, but please let me hear your plan of tactical brilliance.

He obviously impressed in the practice game, and right now I don't see any other options, but please let me hear your plan of tactical brilliance.

Calm down. :lol:

It was a general comment. I'm not criticising him but he was hardly involved so how you can say 'it really could work' is beyond me.

Guest Heneage

Calm down. :lol:

It was a general comment. I'm not criticising him but he was hardly involved so how you can say 'it really could work' is beyond me.

Because of the simple attributes each possess, no it will never be our first choice, but for Sunday it will be better than anything else we have. Apologies for snapping but I'm a little tetchy with this whole situation.

Guest Heneage

:lol:

It was only a suggestion Nixon, nothing to wet yourself over.

:lol:

Aye its just our striking situation thats got me pissed.

Is there any point to these constant threads with no real point apart from trying to get your opinion heard?

It's not as if we actually have a say in.. well.. anything at the club now-a-days anyway.