Ebondo and Mbia vs Nolan and Taylor

STM
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It looks to be that we have dropped our interest in the foreign lads in order for premiership experiance. Personally, i think this is a good move, since we are in a relegation battle. However, which way would you have preferred us to go?

Ignoring the fact that we are meant to getting Taylor in on the cheap?

Cheaper, premiership experience, don't have to 'settle in', know what you're getting, and won't piss off to Africa every five minutes.

Am I right in thinking that Cacapa and Rozenhal were brought in from the French league with glowing references?

Realistically Nolan and Taylor would be the safer bet because 1). barely any of us know what M'bia and Ebondo are like and 2). if they were to sign, whether or not they would adjust to the premiership.

Club have had to alter their transfer policy to exclude any player whose name kinnear can't pronounce. If we want to shop abroad, we need him to undergo an extensive language coaching programme - think 'that would be an ecumenical matter.'

Haven't really seen anything of M'Bia or Ebondo, all I can say is I'm reasonably happy about Nolan and Taylor (if he's confirmed).

Too often we've got for risky purchases, we could get away with it when we were doing well but in a scrap we need some solid grafters.

Realistically Nolan and Taylor would be the safer bet because 1). barely any of us know what M'bia and Ebondo are like and 2). if they were to sign, whether or not they would adjust to the premiership.

This amongst other posts.

There are no guarentees with either pair, but at least Taylor and Nolan have the premier league experience behind them right now we cant afford any time for someone to "settle in".

We need to run, limp, crawl or hop to get up the table and out of the relegation zone come the end of the season. Bring the foreign players in over the summer imo, unless we have money to burn and get all four.

Club have had to alter their transfer policy to exclude any player whose name kinnear can't pronounce. If we want to shop abroad, we need him to undergo an extensive language coaching programme - think 'that would be an ecumenical matter.'

Maybe if we talk Stefan Kuntz out of retirement he could pronounce it wrong all he likes.

Maybe if we talk Stefan Kuntz out of retirement he could pronounce it wrong all he likes.

;D

Having said that,we're playing a bunch of Stefan's Sunday.

:lol:

In the short term it was probably sensible to go for Premier-ready players, but to improve as a football team the other two would be better in the long run.

not sure about other 2 but m'bia definitly from what i have seen of him.

that would be an ecu....

ahem

......YES!

I went for Taylor and Nolan. Premiership experience, will settle straight away and were not getting ripped off on the prices.

I'd say that £4 million for a player of Nolan's ability is a rip off.