Ebondo and Mbia vs Nolan and Taylor

STM
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

While I'm glad to get these two in, I hope they are just squad fillers, because these aren't the type of signings which will get us back amongst the big hitters. These are the type of players who normally swap hands at lower Prem sides. We can have one or two grafters as long as they compliment flair players, but the nearest we have to those at the moment are Jonas and Duff (  :lol: )

I'm concerned at which direction we are headed unless there's more signings to come.

Guest neesy111

Just a thought, when is nacho gonzalez back it must be soonish

I thought we sent him home?

it was a season long loan wasn't it?

While I'm glad to get these two in, I hope they are just squad fillers, because these aren't the type of signings which will get us back amongst the big hitters. These are the type of players who normally swap hands at lower Prem sides. We can have one or two grafters as long as they compliment flair players, but the nearest we have to those at the moment are Jonas and Duff (  :lol: )

I'm concerned at which direction we are headed unless there's more signings to come.

I completely agree with your assessment of Nolan and Taylor, but at the moment we are a lower Prem side and as such we need these kind of players. I do think they have enough about them to get us going in the right direction again though.

Ebondo and Mbia any day of the f***** week! I appreciate that Nolan and Taylor have Premiership experience and that is needed. So it's not like I'm too unhappy with the sigings, but M'Bia especially is a different class to Kevin Nolan. I watch alot of Ligue 1 and I've seen the boy plenty of times these last few seasons. He is the midfield powerhouse we have been crying out for. Ebondo isn't a special player, so I don't care that we've gotten Taylor instead of him. However, M'Bia, in my opinion, would have been a very dynamic signing that really could of changed the team.

Ebondo and Mbia any day of the f***** week! I appreciate that Nolan and Taylor have Premiership experience and that is needed. So it's not like I'm too unhappy with the sigings, but M'Bia especially is a different class to Kevin Nolan. I watch alot of Ligue 1 and I've seen the boy plenty of times these last few seasons. He is the midfield powerhouse we have been crying out for. Ebondo isn't a special player, so I don't care that we've gotten Taylor instead of him. M'Bia, in my opinion, would have been a very dynamic signing though.

We might still get him assuming we were ever serious about him and it wasn't a smokescreen. He'd dovetail nicely with Nolan as they work different areas of the pitch.

We don't know if Nolan's been signed instead of M'Bia yet or if it's because of the injury to Barton.

I don't think we wold have much chance with M'Bia anyway after his comments about Everton.

M'Bia plays the holding role so I don't see how signing Nolan would be instead of him. Doesn't Nolan usually play as the attacking midfielder looking to get into the box?

We don't know if Nolan's been signed instead of M'Bia yet or if it's because of the injury to Barton.

I don't think we wold have much chance with M'Bia anyway after his comments about Everton.

M'Bia plays the holding role so I don't see how signing Nolan would be instead of him. Doesn't Nolan usually play as the attacking midfielder looking to get into the box?

We'll find out when the window closes if it's instead of him or not.

If it's instead it would be because finances dictated we could only sign one mdifielder, not because Nolan is going to do the job M'bia would have done.

If it's instead it would be because finances dictated we could only sign one mdifielder, not because Nolan is going to do the job M'bia would have done.

I agree.