The dealmakers

Liam Liam Liam O

People can question the motives & say there's a fire sale / asset stripping or other such bollocks, but we seem to be negotiating some cracking deals when getting shot of our players.

Can only hope that extends to when Given realises his lifelong dream of playing for Manchester's second club.

Guest The Libertine

its been the same since the start. for (probably) all the outgoing deals we have been conning somebody, somewhere.

I'd like to see the money spent on good players before praising them. I laughed my arse off at Villa paying £12m for Milner but that stung me right back when we didn't get a replacement.

Getting big money for average players is all well and good, but unfortunately money doesn't score goals, keep clean sheets or win matches.

I'd like to see the money spent on good players before praising them. I laughed my arse off at Villa paying £12m for Milner but that stung me right back when we didn't get a replacement.

Getting big money for average players is all well and good, but unfortunately money doesn't score goals, keep clean sheets or win matches.

Nor did Milner :pow:

I agree, although we have sold one player and brought in 3 so its not bad soo far. I would hope to sign a real quality player or a couple more decent ones before the window shuts but its probably a bit late.

Guest Howaythetoon

From a financial sense their work selling players has been nothing short of magnificent but until the squad is strengthened sufficiently in all areas how much money they rake in will mean nothing, especially if we go down. An open question... now why can't they run the club as successfully as they run the selling of players side of things?

and Milner is helping to establish Villa in the top four. Whereas our 'brilliant' summer of transfers has us on the brink of relegation. if i had a choice of paying a little too much for transfers, and receiving slightly less than we're due on our sales, but getting in exactly who we need to improve us, then i would take that over some clever negotiating for average players like Nolan and Taylor or good players like Given and N'Zogbia.

People can question the motives & say there's a fire sale / asset stripping or other such bollocks, but we seem to be negotiating some cracking deals when getting shot of our players.

Can only hope that extends to when Given realises his lifelong dream of playing for Manchester's second club.

Cut the guy some lack, man. He's served us for 11 years and has been our most consistent performer in that time. He deserves somewhere where he'll win things.

Anyway, hats off to the negotiators. Much better than the Shepherd/Hall regime.

From a financial sense their work selling players has been nothing short of magnificent but until the squad is strengthened sufficiently in all areas how much money they rake in will mean nothing, especially if we go down. An open question... now why can't they run the club as successfully as they run the selling of players side of things?

Undoubtedly you're correct, but I'm praising them for one thing they seem to at least be doing a good job at.

I realise that goes against the grain on here. ???

N'Zogbia & Milner both wanted to leave & they've negotiated top dollar for them

Cut the guy some lack, man. He's served us for 11 years and has been our most consistent performer in that time. He deserves somewhere where he'll win things.

Careful!

:dave:

and Milner is helping to establish Villa in the top four. Whereas our 'brilliant' summer of transfers has us on the brink of relegation. if i had a choice of paying a little too much for transfers, and receiving slightly less than we're due on our sales, but getting in exactly who we need to improve us, then i would take that over some clever negotiating for average players like Nolan and Taylor or good players like Given and N'Zogbia.

Neither of which wanted to even play for us again though.

I'm all for keeping good players but if they refuse to play for us then what choice has the club got?  ???

Careful!

:dave:

To be fair, Shepherd has to be credited with the monumental achievement of getting money for Boumsong and Amdy Faye.

Guest Howaythetoon

Undoubtedly you're correct, but I'm praising them for one thing they seem to at least be doing a good job at.

I realise that goes against the grain on here. ???

It is their job though, to sell players for as much as they can possibly get for them. I'll continue to judge them on how successful or not the football team is as that's all I care about really and at current they're not doing a very good job on that front.

I thought he was going to City?

Neither of which wanted to even play for us again though.

I'm all for keeping good players but if they refuse to play for us then what choice has the club got?  ???

But the reason they didn't want to be here was because the squad building in the summer has left us where we are and because we've showed very little ambition. At the moment, that's still true.

No point selling your council house for a million quid if you then go and live in a cardboard box on the high street.