Pre Match: West Bromwich Albion vs. Newcastle United - 07/02/09 3pm

joeyt

Not sure if I'm allowed to start these?

Their tails seem to be up at the moment and we'll probably lose 2-0, 2-1 or 3-0 :sadnod:

Might be some players' debuts (Ryan Taylor, plus hopefully another 4 players :smitten:)

Last time we played there was memorable. 3-0 win with Shearer and Owen scoring and an OG iirc. Dyer was great too :indi:

And who's back? Martins apparently :frantic: :cheesy:

Howay the lads

The type of game we usually lose due to lack of work ethic, grit and determination, even when we are playing well. West Brom will be well up this and we need to be at the races to take anything from this game, if we play well we're more than capable of taking all three points.

Hate to say it but right now I'd take a draw.

Guest Heneage

The type of game we usually lose due to lack of work ethic, grit and determination, even when we are playing well. West Brom will be well up this and we need to be at the races to take anything from this game, if we play well we're more than capable of taking all three points.

Hate to say it but right now I'd take a draw.

We won 3-0 at the Hawthorns last time.  :kinnear:

Harper

Ebondo Coloccini Bassong Enrique

Raylor Veloso Nolan Jonas

Lovenkrands Carroll

Subs: Krul, Saylor, Butt, Geremi, Duff, Martins, Xisco

Manager:

[move] :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear:[/move]

Aye, the thing is we usually give the UEFA cup lot a run for their money, its the teams currently along side us that we struggle against. We're more than capable of beating them, full strength team or not and a point is the minimum we should be leaving with. Having said that they're brimming with confidence and have seen off several teams at home recently. Like I said it's a textbook game in which Newcastle United notoriously get out-worked.

So yeah we SHOULD win and I'd be all the more confident should we get some fresh faces in and couple off the treatment table, but at this moment in time I'd take a draw.

After our draw today, this coming match is just as big as todays match......except local pride is taken out of the equation on this one. As people have pointed out, this is our last of the "easy" games before we embark on our run of fixtures which see's us host and travel to clubs all in and around the top 6 reigon.

Anything else than a win here is just not an option.

I think we should keep the same team as today except replace Shola or Carroll with Lovenkrands, and imo, Lua Lua should fill in for the suspended Jonas.