Pre Match: West Bromwich Albion vs. Newcastle United - 07/02/09 3pm

joeyt

Do we take a risk on Oba, looks like Kinnear may make that decision especially after Shola player on Sunday. It would be devestating if Oba came back and then got injured. I would be tempted to leave him on the bench. Then again if Carroll is fucked we may have no other option, I suppose Lovenkrands could start up tp. I'd feel a lot more confident of this one if Jonas was available..

I honestly wouldn't risk Oba. Yes this is must-win but we should have enough to do it, even if he only gets a twenty minute cameo.

Get Oba fucked and that could be it for the season.

Biggest game of the season so far, iyam. Lose and, well - pfft, so long Premier League.

I honestly wouldn't risk Oba. Yes this is must-win but we should have enough to do it, even if he only gets a twenty minute cameo.

What's that based on? :undecided:

Nothing, if i'm honest - i just think we're better than them. Don't you agree though? If we lose Oba then we're seriously going to struggle to stay up. West Brom aren't a good side, no two ways about it - and even if we're level after 70 minutes we can throw Martins on.

I fear that if he starts, we'll push it and try to play him until the end. But even if we do sub him...

Start him, sub him off after 60 mins  <    Bench him, sub him on after 60 mins.

Nothing, if i'm honest - i just think we're better than them. Don't you agree though? If we lose Oba then we're seriously going to struggle to stay up. West Brom aren't a good side, no two ways about it - and even if we're level after 70 minutes we can throw Martins on.

I fear that if he starts, we'll push it and try to play him until the end. But even if we do sub him...

Start him, sub him off after 60 mins < Bench him, sub him on after 60 mins.

I think we're better than them, yes. Without Beye, Jonas, Owen, Oba, Guthrie, Barton and possibly Coloccini though, on their own turf? No I don't.

West Brom are not great but they're not inept like most of our replacements will be. They're in good form and I think, unless Oba can start and turn it on (a massive ask), they'll roll us over, I really do.

Someone is going to get injured :(

There's about half a dozen players who'd leave us screwed if they were to get injured but a couple of really notable ones. A reoccurence of Martins' injury or a knock to Bassong and we might as well turn the lights off now.

Someone is going to get injured :(

There's about half a dozen players who'd leave us screwed if they were to get injured but a couple of really notable ones. A reoccurence of Martins' injury or a knock to Bassong and we might as well turn the lights off now.

Add Harper to that list n all. Woeful situation to be in.

Start him, sub him off after 60 mins   <    Bench him, sub him on after 60 mins.

I think we're better than them, yes. Without Beye, Jonas, Owen, Oba, Guthrie, Barton and possibly Coloccini though, on their own turf? No I don't.

West Brom are not great but they're not inept like most of our replacements will be. They're in good form and I think, unless Oba can start and turn it on (a massive ask), they'll roll us over, I really do.

As much as we need a win I'd be happy with a draw given the current state of our starting XI.

I'd seriously consider some fo the young uns from the reserves for this.

We need freshening up and they've been in decent form this season. I can't see the likes of Lua Lua or Ranger being fazed by WBA at the Hawthorns, got to be worth a try

With Jonas banned I'd definitely throw Lua Lua in, got to be a better bet than any of the other options wide on the right. Pace and enthusiasm over Geremi's "experience" every time.

We need freshening up and they've been in decent form this season. I can't see the likes of Lua Lua or Ranger being fazed by WBA at the Hawthorns, got to be worth a try

With Jonas banned I'd definitely throw Lua Lua in, got to be a better bet than any of the other options wide on the right. Pace and enthusiasm over Geremi's "experience" every time.

I agree..In Geremi's case experience wont get us points...Would like to see Lua Lua get the chance to show what he can do..It's not like he's 12 years old..

JK hasn't shown any inlcination to experiment so far, even when he's had available players to do so. Straight down the line 4-4-2 with fit players selected in the the very predictable pecking order of experience over youth.

JK hasn't shown any inlcination to experiment so far, even when he's had available players to do so. Straight down the line 4-4-2 with fit players selected in the the very predictable pecking order of experience over youth.

Said the other day, I've never known a top flight manager with so little about him tactically, he picks the team like he's picking a Sunday league side. Can't imagine his team talks are any longer than those three syllables.

Lua Lua had a modicum of pace it seems too unlike anyone else (bar Martins who is liable not to play anyway) and therefore can cause a problem in another way.

west brom are likely to pass Butt and Nolan off the pitch. the one thing we probably have over them is physicality but i dread to see us lump it up to Carroll and probably Lovenkrands alongside him. it is not as if we have worked up a system based on long-balls and knock-downs, with training and preparation to match, it's more that it's the only way Kinnear knows how to play and will do it regardless. Carroll and whoever he plays with will have no understanding which is pretty much essential and his touch doesnt look good enough anyway.

We will be totally dependent on what the new boys do I think.  We know what the rest of them can do, and it's f***ing rubbish.  Especially without Jonas, Owen, Barton, Guthrie and probably Oba.  Unless Nolan, Taylor and Lovenkrands play and play well then we will lose, because Butt, Geremi, Taylor, Enrique, Carroll, Ameobi and the usual jokers are winning us f*** all on their own.  Simple as that.

I really hope we start Carroll and Loven and then bring Martins on around 60-70 minutes in. I know he's never been useful as a sub, but it'll be a massive confidence boost having him on the pitch, and hopefully Loven will have ran their defenders tired.

Harper

Staylor Colo Bassong Jose

Rtaylor Nolan Butt Duff

Carrol Loven

Sadly, I can't see Ameobi losing his place :(

I'd imagine Lovenkrands or Geremi will start ? Is Lovenkrands purely Left sided? I'd go for him and Duff really.

from what little i know of him yes. Was speaking to a mate who is a big Rangers fan after we bought him and he was of the opinion he was poor on the wing though. No final ball or particular ability to take people on, just lots of pace.

I really hope we start Carroll and Loven and then bring Martins on around 60-70 minutes in. I know he's never been useful as a sub, but it'll be a massive confidence boost having him on the pitch, and hopefully Loven will have ran their defenders tired.

Harper

Staylor Colo Bassong Jose

Rtaylor Nolan Butt Duff

Carrol Loven

Sadly, I can't see Ameobi losing his place :(

He started off as a super sub!

I would like to see..

Harper

R. Taylor S. Taylor Bassong Jose Enrique

LuaLua Butt Nolan Lovenkrands

Carrol Ameobi

Bring on Oba after about 60mins.

But i expect we will see

Harper

S. Taylor Colo Bassong Jose Enrique

Geremi Butt Nolan R. Taylor

Ameobi Duff

Oba bought on deep into stoppage time if at all.

January has been a let down though. We need better back up in defence than Edgar, and more options in the midle of the park.