Would you take getting relegated and coming right back up right now?

oldtype
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Because we've gotten to the point where "would you take 17th place right now?" Is no longer an interesting question.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Yo-yo.pnghttp://blog.kir.com/archives/images/question_mark.gif

No. Not for a second.

It guarantees nothing other than making the club a far less attractive proposition to future players, as well as the current ones, and it would lose us money in the short and long term.

What is the other option though? Going down and not coming straight up? Then obviously yes, I would! :lol:

The other option would be just leaving it to fate.

For the record, I voted no. Just thought it would be an interesting question to ask :lol:

I wouldn't accept it, but I think Ashley could make up to £50m if it happenned.

Player sales + parachute payments + the assumption that those prospects we've signed would be good enough for this level.

I voted no btw.

Guest black n white

I've actually felt for some time that this is the only realistic way that Ashley can get his money back on this club.

A massive gamble, but Ashley is a gambler.

No chance in hell of mike getting his money back, if the op had of been getting relegated ito get rid of mike then its a yes from me.

Guest black n white

if the op had of been getting relegated ito get rid of mike then its a yes from me.

How pathetic.

Explain?

Guest Chris P

I will skullfuck anyone voting yes.  Just throwing that out there.

You would aswell if your as much of nutter as your avatar

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd gladly trade our Premier League status for the heads of Ashley, Wise, Lambias, Kinnear, all those wasters who don't want to be at Newcastle or who aren't good enough and also some of the tossers on the stands, allowing for a fresh clean start. Gladly.

For me the Premier League is just a sewn on badge on the shirt these days. I've been to all those "world-class" stadiums and seen the likes of Ronaldo in the flesh and as far as I'm concerned mid-table medicority or fighting relegation every season is not my idea of football, never mind Premier League football.

Relegation will hurt the pride of course but it wouldn't be the end of the world nor the end of NUFC, in fact it could well just about be the only way out of this nightmare we're in because if we do stay up, you can guarantee Kinnear will be rewarded with a new deal, a mass exodus will happen in the summer, little will be spent again and we'll go through all of this again and again until one day, it finally happens, we go down.

That said I truly hope we stay up, Ashley sells, Kinnear fucks off and in come people who know what they are doing, who want the club for all the right reasons, and who have the means and expertise to turn things around.

I don't want a City kind takeover and I don't know anyone else who demands that despite what Ashley may think, I don't want Ashley to spend £50m every window either, or for us to go after top stars and top managers all the time, I just want my club to be ran well at every level with a common united goal - to get back into the top 6 of top-flight English football, a tier of the game I personally believe the club itself as an institution belongs and should at all times aspire to be in, at least.

That's all I ask for, a healthy club ran by competent people for footballing reasons, for the good of all things NUFC.

Guest black n white

I'd gladly trade our Premier League status for the heads of Ashley, Wise, Lambias, Kinnear, all those wasters who don't want to be at Newcastle or who aren't good enough and also some of the tossers on the stands, allowing for a fresh clean start. Gladly.

For me the Premier League is just a sewn on badge on the shirt these days. I've been to all those "world-class" stadiums and seen the likes of Ronaldo in the flesh and as far as I'm concerned mid-table medicority or fighting relegation every season is not my idea of football, never mind Premier League football.

Relegation will hurt the pride of course but it wouldn't be the end of the world nor the end of NUFC, in fact it could well just about be the only way out of this nightmare we're in because if we do stay up, you can guarantee Kinnear will be rewarded with a new deal, a mass exodus will happen in the summer, little will be spent again and we'll go through all of this again and again until one day, it finally happens, we go down.

That said I truly hope we stay up, Ashley sells, Kinnear f***s off and in come people who know what they are doing, who want the club for all the right reasons, and who have the means and expertise to turn things around.

I don't want a City kind takeover and I don't know anyone else who demands that despite what Ashley may think, I don't want Ashley to spend £50m every window either, or for us to go after top stars and top managers all the time, I just want my club to be ran well at every level with a common united goal - to get back into the top 6 of top-flight English football, a tier of the game I personally believe the club itself as an institution belongs and should at all times aspire to be in, at least.

That's all I ask for, a healthy club ran by competent people for footballing reasons, for the good of all things NUFC.

:clap:

I wouldn't go so far, but i would like us to 'start again' in the summer.  I would like to completely overhaul the team, a lot of players in our starting XI that I simply can not stand.  Depresses me when they are picked time and time again, because they 'graft' or 'experience' or has been a 'winner'.

Guest black n white

I wouldn't go so far, but i would like us to 'start again' in the summer.  I would like to completely overhaul the team, a lot of players in our starting XI that I simply can not stand.  Depresses me when they are picked time and time again, because they 'graft' or 'experience' or has been a 'winner'.

imo the only reason certain players are picked to play is to jusify their astronomical wages.

That said I truly hope we stay up, Ashley sells, Kinnear f***s off and in come people who know what they are doing, who want the club for all the right reasons, and who have the means and expertise to turn things around.

echoes my sentiments perfectly. excellent post tbh. obviously i want us to stay up. but if we were relegated and came straight back up that would imply that we would at that point be stable, as if we carried on with the same level of instability, poor management and poor players, we wouldnt win the thing would we? by winning the championship i would imagine that we would have some good players, playing good football and well managed .this would see us in good stead for the premierleague next season but obviously i would rather we remained in the premiership and stabilised and consolidated